Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Which iPhone 6 are you considering?

• 10-09-2014 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭

I don't know whether I should get a white one or a black one. Lots of people say the white contrasts with the black screen so black is better. Then again everyone who has an iPhone seems to get black so it seems kind of plain.

Which iPhone 6? 208 votes

iPhone 6 Plus Silver
    0% 0 votes
    iPhone 6 Plus Gold
    15% 32 votes
    iPhone 6 Plus Space Grey
    11% 23 votes
    iPhone 6 Silver
    40% 84 votes
    iPhone 6 Gold
    23% 49 votes
    iPhone 6 Space Grey
    9% 20 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I really like the 6 plus gold. Fairly hefty price but it looks class. Might treat myself for the Xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

jca wrote: »
    I really like the 6 plus gold. Fairly hefty price but it looks class. Might treat myself for the Xmas.

Yeah I want 64gb storage though and on the 6 plus that's way too expensive for me. So I'll just have to get a regular iPhone 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i want the 6plus in 64gb silver or space grey, my contract isn't up until July though so i'll know by then which i want and it also depends on contract price,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

I'll be ordering the 6 plus in space grey in 64gb, have always preferred the darker iphones

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

think I'll be maxing out my cc on the 6+ 64gb silver!! I'm sure adverts will be a wash of iphone 5/5s over the next month

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

think I'll be maxing out my cc on the 6+ 64gb silver!! I'm sure adverts will be a wash of iphone 5/5s over the next month

Just put mine up today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

64gb 6 in silver
    Glad to see the the 32gb options been done away with. Have a 64gb 4s & couldn't find/get a 64 gb 5s on bill pay for love nor money.
    Any ideas of a contract price for the 64?

I'm leaning towards the white one now but still not sure. People say the black is better as the border fades into the background while in use whereas with the white you can clearly see the borders of the screen which being black contrast with the white border.
    Has anyone had a a Black iPhone 5 and then a white iPhone 5S or similar with a 4S?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Silver Plus I think. Don't think I'd need the 128GB so probably the 64 although I've been able to bargain with Vodafone in the past on the price of an upgrade so if I got the 128 for a good price then it might be a better option come resale time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Have an iPhone 5 in white, was going to go back to black for the 6 but after seeing clips of the white I'm torn.

My main issue is iPhone 6 or 6 plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭keano25

iPhone 6 32gb for me anyway...

16gb not enough, 64 too much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

keano25 wrote: »
    iPhone 6 32gb for me anyway...

16gb not enough, 64 too much!

there is no iPhone 6 32gb anymore.16 go 64 and 128gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I'm thinking the 6 plus 64gb will do me nicely. Now the question is will they allow pre orders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Definitely not the plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭keano25

massy086 wrote: »
    there is no iPhone 6 32gb anymore.16 go 64 and 128gb

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,964 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lads the 6+ I'm interested in but think it might be to big, just wondering what on the market at the moment is comparable to that size?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm leaning towards the white one now but still not sure. People say the black is better as the border fades into the background while in use whereas with the white you can clearly see the borders of the screen which being black contrast with the white border.
    Has anyone had a a Black iPhone 5 and then a white iPhone 5S or similar with a 4S?

I had the 3gs and then switched to a White 4s and I really like the white.

I really don't get this White border being an issue or black fading into background.

I find I just focus on the screen and don't worry about the bezel.

I think it looks smarter and it stays cleaner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

6 64gb in space grey. Think the plus will be too big to carry in my pocket. Sucks to miss out on OIS, but it's hopefully still gonna be a great phone. Well also be my return to ios after using a Nexus for the last 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 freelife2014

Love big screen ,but much bigger than i can care for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

by white, I assume we mean silver with white Front

I can see a full white phone like the old 5 white

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Hoping to get the 64GB 6 in Silver. I'm currently on a 30 day rolling bill, and would prefer to stay on it, but I'm also reluctant to fork out 800 quid for the phone sim free so I'm a bit torn at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Jofspring wrote: »
    Have an iPhone 5 in white, was going to go back to black for the 6 but after seeing clips of the white I'm torn.

My main issue is iPhone 6 or 6 plus.

Yea I can't decide what size either, think I will wait till I can physically pick one up. But I'm leaning towards the smaller one at the moment!

Don't know why they done away with the 32gb, surely made more sense to get rid of the 16gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

think i'm going for 64gb 6 plus, battery life is a big factor for me , its ticks all the boxes for that
    i'm going to go into a shop and have a looks at the 5.5 inch androids already on the market and see what they feel like factoring in that the 6 plus will be thinner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

etxp wrote: »
    Yea I can't decide what size either, think I will wait till I can physically pick one up. But I'm leaning towards the smaller one at the moment!

Don't know why they done away with the 32gb, surely made more sense to get rid of the 16gb

Because they knew if they got rid of the 16gb and had 32 as the standard they wouldn't sell near as many 64gb versions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I was in a shop yesterday and looking at the Note 3. Was also looking at a scaled printed out some one posted yesterday.

I think I'm gona go for the 64gb Space Grey. I'd prefer the 6 Plus but I think its too big and would take away from my mini

by white, I assume we mean silver with white Front

I can see a full white phone like the old 5 white

Yes the silver one. I just call the iPhone colours black, white and gold because "Space Grey" makes me cringe.

They only thing I don't really like about the black iPhone 6 is how the black ring on the fingerprint scanner is the same colour as the bezel. I like how on the silver one the ring is silver and it makes the home button stand out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I think I am going to go for the 64gb Plus, I was considering getting an iPad, but I think this device will suffice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

For those unsure of the size of the new phones, the following resource allows you to print off and try before you buy...

http://photos.appleinsider.com/iPhone6_preorder_picker.pdf

be sure the file is printed on 8.5″ x 11″ paper and it is set to 100% scale...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Space grey. Plus. 64GB. Provided vodafone don't charge the heavens & earth for this.

Advertisement