Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Which iPhone 6 are you considering?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I'm an android user who has gone from an Huaweii P6 (a 720p 4.7" phone smaller then the 6) to a OnePlus One (a 1080p 5.5" phone smaller and narrower but thicker then the 6 Plus).

I bought the OnePlus without actually knowing that is was a 5.5" screen opened the box and went "feck, that's too big. I screwed that up" however now I wouldn't be without the extra real estate. It's awesome and makes browsing and using the phone a lot more pleasurable.

So my 2c is that if you are on the fence and money isn't an option then get the plus, in the long run you probably won't regret it in the slightest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just pre ordered as Sena UltraSlim case for the iPhone 6 so thats my decision made!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

godtabh wrote: »
    Just pre ordered as Sena UltraSlim case for the iPhone 6 so thats my decision made!

Some nice ones on amazon at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

I'm an android user who has gone from an Huaweii P6 (a 720p 4.7" phone smaller then the 6) to a OnePlus One (a 1080p 5.5" phone smaller and narrower but thicker then the 6 Plus).

I bought the OnePlus without actually knowing that is was a 5.5" screen opened the box and went "feck, that's too big. I screwed that up" however now I wouldn't be without the extra real estate. It's awesome and makes browsing and using the phone a lot more pleasurable.

So my 2c is that if you are on the fence and money isn't an option then get the plus, in the long run you probably won't regret it in the slightest.

It's an expensive test though :-).

How long did it take you to get used to it? I have played with 5.5" screens and thought " too big" and I said on here already I wouldn't get the plus. However if there was a chance that I would get used to it I might reconsider.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

kceire wrote: »
    Some nice ones on amazon at the moment.

25% off for pre orders too

• Advertisement

25% off for pre orders too

Heading over there now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Can probably pick up a second hand nexus 4 for cheap now.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/redmondjpJounar/iphone-troll_zpse54cb9af.jpg

srsly78 wrote: »
    Can probably pick up a second hand nexus 4 for cheap now.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/redmondjpJounar/iphone-troll_zpse54cb9af.jpg

i had a nexus 4. Had all sorts of problems with it. Returned it twice and eventually got a full refund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Better stick to the iphone then, they never have any defects. Not a single one has ever been returned.

Ignore, double post.

• Advertisement

srsly78 wrote: »
    Better stick to the iphone then, they never have any defects. Not a single one has ever been returned.

none at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Had decided a while ago on the iPhone 6 instead of the plus but now the seed of doubt has been firmly planted :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

It's an expensive test though :-).

I only spent €350 on my 64Gb phone so I'm afraid it wasn't the same risk for me as it will be for you
    How long did it take you to get used to it? I have played with 5.5" screens and thought " too big" and I said on here already I wouldn't get the plus. However if there was a chance that I would get used to it I might reconsider.

I actually got use to it pretty quickly but I did have a 4.7" phone for a good while so may I was just ready to jump up. It probably depends on if you are a strict one handed phone person as then it may be just to big.

The one thing I would say is that I'd say a lot of people are going to make the "wrong" choice, and I'd say there will be a lot of people looking to swap between screen sizes so I wouldn't be too worried

Well that's us decided. Just ordered two of these.

Spigen iPhone 6 Case Ultra Hybrid Crystal clear (AIR CUSHION) (PET) SGP10954 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JH88D1O/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_s2Ceub09G87Q2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

Can anyone help me decide.... I can either get a 64GB iPhone 6 or a 16GB iPhone 6 Plus. If only the plus had 32GB rather than 16GB. I don't think I'd be able to afford a 64GB 6 plus.
    I guess I have to decide which is more important bigger battery or bigger storage.

kceire wrote: »
    Well that's us decided. Just ordered two of these.

Spigen iPhone 6 Case Ultra Hybrid Crystal clear (AIR CUSHION) (PET) SGP10954 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JH88D1O/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_s2Ceub09G87Q2

is there not a lot of bulk in them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Can anyone help me decide.... I can either get a 64GB iPhone 6 or a 16GB iPhone 6 Plus. If only the plus had 32GB rather than 16GB. I don't think I'd be able to afford a 64GB 6 plus.
    I guess I have to decide which is more important bigger battery or bigger storage.

I'd guess that 16GB storage will be a massive pain for you to deal with. I've checked my phone (HTC One), I don't store music (thanks Spotify) or videos on the phone but am still using in the region of 18-20 GB min. 32GB would be sweet spot, but there you go..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,964 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Extremely sneaky of Apple dropping the 32gb ank keeping the minuscule 16gb! I think I'll be going with the 6 this year.

is there not a lot of bulk in them?

Hopefully not. I currently have a Poetic Atmoshere and Spigen Slim Armour for my 5 and seemly the Ultra Hybrid is thinner than the slim armour.

Will know next week either way :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The 64GB will be the same price as the 32GB in previous models, same as the 128GB and old 64GB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

You're actually getting more for your money now in the higher end, which is worthwhile. Madness to drop the 16gb because it's apparently the most popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ordering the iPhone 6 64gb in gold tonight or tomorrow..when do they go on sale in the UK?
    Is it at midnight or tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

No one is really sure yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

iPhone 6 64gb space grey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Blazer wrote: »
    ordering the iPhone 6 64gb in gold tonight or tomorrow..when do they go on sale in the UK?
    Is it at midnight or tomorrow?

It was 8am last year. I would expect it to be the same this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

sweet...I'll be in work at 7.50am :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

After lots of soul searching I have decided for the 6plus Space Gray 128gb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Any places online selling 6 plus cases and screen protectors yet? Or even pre-orders for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Simply Red wrote: »
    Any places online selling 6 plus cases and screen protectors yet? Or even pre-orders for them?

Amazon would be your best bet for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The question's a bit premature for me. Whichever one I get a sub 100 upgrade on. The 4s will do for a while yet...

:)

Advertisement