Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Which iPhone 6 are you considering?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,964 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

How is the screen protector work with the curved screen it will be a bollox to fit be thinks, another let down was no sign of the sapphire screen, probably be on the 6S next year along with a quad core processor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

iPhone 6 - 64GB slate Grey, herself is getting my 5 in white...so dnt want her accidentally picking up mine...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Ae there many of you going from a 5s to a 6?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I am. Sold my 32gb 7 weeks ago for €550.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Aodhagan wrote: »

I am, going up to a 6 Plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

McGrath5 wrote: »
    I am, going up to a 6 Plus.

I was considering it until I printed out the dimensions. It's a scary size haha!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Simply Red wrote: »
    Any places online selling 6 plus cases and screen protectors yet? Or even pre-orders for them?

Sena are selling theirs pre order with 25%. Got one for the 6 anyways

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Simply Red wrote: »
    Any places online selling 6 plus cases and screen protectors yet? Or even pre-orders for them?

Amazon have loads.
    Aodhagan wrote: »

I'm going from the 5 to the 6.

My history is 3GS, 4, 5, 6 (all going well)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

I'll be going from a 4 to a 6. I think I'll go for the 64GB iPhone 6, I'd have to physically hold the 6 plus first as I'd be afraid I wouldn't like the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

Has release date actually been confirmed by apple as 26th September? Says available to order on that date on apple.ie but none of the carriers have said anything yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

6 Space Grey 64gb for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

RedLegend wrote: »
    Has release date actually been confirmed by apple as 26th September? Says available to order on that date on apple.ie but none of the carriers have said anything yet?
    Three confirmed that they would have the iPhone 6 on the 26th here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

5s to 6 hopefully
    3, 3Gs, 4, 4Gs, 5, 5s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

apple.co.uk site now not saying anything about reserve for store collection. looks like that options gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

it's still there can't post a link due to being a new user

im not seeing it

"pre order from september 12th.
    or visit an apple retail store from 8am on September 19th."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

apple dot com /uk/retail/iphone/

F34 wrote: »
    apple dot com /uk/retail/iphone/

conflicting information on the site so.

http://store.apple.com/uk/iphone has no mention of reserving for pickup

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

apple.co.uk site now not saying anything about reserve for store collection. looks like that options gone

Still there.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/iphone/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

kceire wrote: »

Store being update now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Did anyone order a 5s from apple.ie on release day? I'm considering waiting till the 26th, but will the shipping time be 7-10 days like it was for a time today on apple uk and which then changed to 3-5 weeks later, or will it start at 3/5 weeks. I have reserved one in Belfast but unsure about going all the way up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Kagawa wrote: »
    Did anyone order a 5s from apple.ie on release day? I'm considering waiting till the 26th, but will the shipping time be 7-10 days like it was for a time today on apple uk and which then changed to 3-5 weeks later, or will it start at 3/5 weeks. I have reserved one in Belfast but unsure about going all the way up there

When I ordered the 5s from the uk it was 3 week wait and then when it came out on apple.ie a few weeks later it also had 3 week wait.

They didn't have a special amount put aside just for Ireland, it just joined the queue behind the other countries that were already waiting. I'd imagine the same will happen again. So i'd say if you order on the 26th you will be waiting till the end of October or start of November.

It's the networks that seem to get first preference.

Edit: I just checked back there and the wait time for the 5s was 7-10 Working days from the uk but the same thing applies that it was the same when it came available on the irish store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

128GB iPhone 6 Plus.. as for colour, still can't decide between silver or space grey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

fifth wrote: »
    128GB iPhone 6 Plus.. as for colour, still can't decide between silver or space grey.

I can't believe that people would pay €200 for 64gb extra storage when there are easy solutions with various cloud back ups.

People will argue apps but if they were to really analyse it they will probably discover they don't use that many.

Also, services music like iTunes Match remove need for music on phone except when offline.

There really are easy ways around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

murpho999 wrote: »
    I can't believe that people would pay €200 for 64gb extra storage when there are easy solutions with various cloud back ups.

People will argue apps but if they were to really analyse it they will probably discover they don't use that many.

Also, services music like iTunes Match remove need for music on phone except when offline.

There really are easy ways around it.

Unless you're solely based in strong 4G areas cloud based storage isn't a particularly great solution, not to even mention that unless you have limited data it won't make much sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Have my 6 Space Grey reserved for launch day. Can't wait to come back to iPhone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Have my 6 Space Grey reserved for launch day. Can't wait to come back to iPhone!

I've always been iphone and tempted to try android - you found apple better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

jamesd wrote: »

Yeah, tbf there's not huge differences but it was small ones that did it for me. For example, if I want to back up my Android I would've had to root it and then install Titanium backup which is a paid app, whereas on iPhone iCloud is standard. Also most of my mates are iPhone so I really missed iMessage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jamesd wrote: »

I had switched to Android for the S3 and absolutely hated that phone..cheap plastic ****e and android was still laggy at that stage. It got better a few versions later but I had gone to a 4s at that stage.
    I switched to HTC One when it came out and it was a fantastic phone except android annoyed me..nowhere as polished as iOS which is to be expected since Apple regulate all apps and google just let you off and throw anything up on google play.
    Notifications was crap compared to iOS, I missed iMessage and a few of the apps I did use was laggy e.g. journal.ie etc.
    What was fantastic was being able to download any file I wanted including torrents and being able to drag and drop. In fairness to drag and drop it doesn't bother me on iPhone as I've iTunes set up with playlists etc in iTunes match so it's just a one click process. I do miss drag and drop on my tablet when I switched back to iPad.
    The reason I switched back to iOS was that I spent so much time customising and installing rooms on the HTC that I realised I was never happy with what I had on it (too much customisation options and I'm a whore for changing stuff :D ) and that I actually spent less time using the phone than I did with the iPhone..so switched to the iPhone 5 and never regretted it.

My wants to ios9? download capability (proper supported ) and bluetooth sharing.

Advertisement