Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Which iPhone 6 are you considering?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

It's either the 64gb silver iPhone 6 or the 16gb silver iPhone 6 Plus. A 32gb would suit me perfectly.

I've a bit of thinking to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Are the T-Mobile ones in the US unlocked?

Friend is heading there in a few weeks and could pick up one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Harcrid wrote: »
    Just ask O2 to unlock it for you. You can do it easily on their website.

@Harcrid,

Do Three do this?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

dmcg90 wrote: »
    @Harcrid,

Do Three do this?

No

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Are the T-Mobile ones in the US unlocked?

Friend is heading there in a few weeks and could pick up one

Wont be available sim free for a good while in the States

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

I'm going to be getting the 6 on Friday, I am trying to decide between getting insurance from gadgetinsurance.com or going with applecare+, but applecare+ doesn't cover theft or loss. I had insurance with gadgetinsurance.com for my 5s, I have never had a phone lost or stolen but there's a first time I suppose, any advice on which one to go for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I was with gadget insurance for my 5S also it was the cheapest cover around at the time I see that they don't have the option for the 6 yet maybe they will after launch day.

I was with gadget insurance for my 5S also it was the cheapest cover around at the time I see that they don't have the option for the 6 yet maybe they will after launch day.

I'll be getting the 64Gb, so i think that the price to insure it with gadget insurance.com for one year would be similar to getting two years with applecare+, I think the chances of breaking it is greater than losing it or having it stolen, I suppose I have 60 days to decide!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Can you get AppleCare + online up to 60 days after you buy the phone? Or do you need to buy it in store

Can you get AppleCare + online up to 60 days after you buy the phone? Or do you need to buy it in store

I was just looking on the apple.ie page:

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/APP_IPHONE_PLUS_AUTO-110480/applecare-plus-for-iphone

in one place it says you can purchase up to 60 days after purchase and in another it says 30, so i'd be going with 30 days id say. As far as i can see you can purchase it on apple.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

If I get Apple Care+ in Belfast will it be honoured here?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

Historically speaking, how long before do the prices usually get released for the different networks? I seem to remember it being very close to the release date or am I wrong?

Historically speaking, how long before do the prices usually get released for the different networks? I seem to remember it being very close to the release date or am I wrong?

day before

mad muffin wrote: »
    If I get Apple Care+ in Belfast will it be honoured here?

Don't see why not, but don't know for sure, ill probably buy it down here from apple.ie,

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

Hi all, does anyone have a definite date for sim free iPhone 6 plus in america??
    over in early october hope to pick one up .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

kefir32 wrote: »
    Hi all, does anyone have a definite date for sim free iPhone 6 plus in america??
    over in early october hope to pick one up .

Seen it mentioned that in previous years it was November. The stores never know what stock levels they will have or when the shipments will come in either so even if on sale in october you will most likely have to queue or wait around most the day. Happened for me for the 4s when in Florida.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

Jofspring wrote: »
    Seen it mentioned that in previous years it was November. The stores never know what stock levels they will have or when the shipments will come in either so even if on sale in october you will most likely have to queue or wait around most the day. Happened for me for the 4s when in Florida.

thats where I'm heading lol:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

kefir32 wrote: »
    thats where I'm heading lol:p

haha

I went to the store in the Florida Mall. I asked about the 4S and they basically said they might have stock in and possibly at 11am. I went back at 11am and still no stock and no idea of how many devices coming in. Checked back a few more times with similar answers, then around 2pm when i went for one last check the store was mobbed and they had got a delivery. Managed to get one then. Worked out at 80euro cheaper too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

A Southern China 777 loading 93 tons (195,000) of iPhone 6 units for shipment to U.S.

iPhone6us-640x404.jpg

iphone6units-640x480.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

3 days! Excited to get my new phone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

anyone who is getting them on Friday please post pics

peteeeed wrote: »
    anyone who is getting them on Friday please post pics

And reviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I'll have an iPhone 6 review up a few days after I get it. Pictures on the day and hands on with the 6+

What time will people queue in Dublin do you think?

This Friday? Probably camping overnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

in Dublin....err...Where

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Is it in the shops here on Friday then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

monkeynuz wrote: »

No Belfast

monkeynuz wrote: »

I mean Friday week. The 26th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin