Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any point in appealling?

• 10-09-2014 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I've finished my final year. I had 6 repeats in August. 5 of them were from 4th year and 1 of them was from 3rd year. I had 14 modules this year, 2 from 3rd year and 12 from 4th.

I'm a part time student. Since I haven't passed 3rd year yet, I am not entitled to finish 4th year, because it was a progressive award.

Here's where it gets complicated.
    I needed at least 2 C+'s in the subjects i carried over from third year, but I only got a C in the resit in January and still waiting on the results from August on the second. So unless I got a B or B+ in the August resit, then I might be screwed.

To pass 4th year, I only needed to get D's in all the august repeats, so i'm not too worried about that. But if i passed all my 4th year modules, and my 3rd year GPA is holding me back, how do i go about resolving that.

I really really don't wanna go back and resit a few modules, i'm at this far too long and sick of college to be honest. (prob should've studied harder, but I'm not good at academics)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Have you spoken to your course coordinator?
    That's a lot of subjects to have failed. I can't see the college having a lot of sympathy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Have you spoken to your course coordinator?
    That's a lot of subjects to have failed. I can't see the college having a lot of sympathy.

I'll talk to them once the results come out on friday.

Advertisement