Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tasty veggie freezer meals.

Options
  • 10-09-2014 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Ok so, I am planning ahead to when I have my babies and have zero engery for cooking. I plan on stocking up on freezer friendly recipes.
    I only recently perfected my freezer friendly lasagne(add more sauce!) so am not the best at making the meals taste good after they have been frozen but maybe the key is just to add extra sauce!

I use quorn these days as have found it hard to keep up with protein intake so can use that in meals like shepards pie.
    So far my meals are:
    Lasagne
    Shepards pie
    Mac and cheese
    Pasta bake
    Chickpea stew
    Butternut squash soup
    Veg soup

They get a bit boring after a while so looking for some new ideas. I try to stay away from curries etc as not so keen on cooking/freezing/reheating rice.

Any nice ideas greatly welcomed :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Olivia86

One of the vegan blogs I follow recently did a post on 21 vegan freezer-friendly meals (she too is preparing to have a baby). I can't post a link as I don't have enough posts but its the Oh She Glows website, she posted it on 30 July.

Also, try the Vegan in the Freezer blog for some ideas & tips.

Sorry I know you're veggie and not vegan but these are all the ones I know. Hope they help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

I saw this Buzzfeed compilation the other day with this exact subject, some nice looking recipes in there. http://www.buzzfeed.com/deenashanker/vegetarian-freezer-meals#2s0icy1

Also for curries you could just freeze the sauce and make up the rice as you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Lovely! Thanks a lot got a few extra recipes from there so will look foward to a weekend of cooking!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

I'm in the middle of making this (with quorn) - the bbc site has a section under recipes, for batch cooking, & there's a few that'd work well with quorn, as I'm trying to build up a group of veggie meals that I can freeze too, I've several of the ones there on my list :)

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/6036/chicken-leek-and-parsley-pie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Olivia86 wrote: »
    One of the vegan blogs I follow recently did a post on 21 vegan freezer-friendly meals (she too is preparing to have a baby). I can't post a link as I don't have enough posts but its the Oh She Glows website, she posted it on 30 July.

Also, try the Vegan in the Freezer blog for some ideas & tips.

Sorry I know you're veggie and not vegan but these are all the ones I know. Hope they help :)

Was just looking at that blog when I saw the link... http://ohsheglows.com/2014/07/30/21-vegan-freezer-friendly-mealsnack-recipes-my-tips-for-freezing/

• Advertisement
Advertisement