Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Moving to Dublin

Options
  • 10-09-2014 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Hi guys, I need to have accommodation sorted in Dublin by the 24th of this month. I have just got a new job, working in the college green area in the city centre. As I am unfamiliar with the locality, could anyone recommend me areas to focus on lettings that would obviously be accessible to the college green area by walking or public transport. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I need to have accommodation sorted in Dublin by the 24th of this month. I have just got a new job, working in the college green area in the city centre. As I am unfamiliar with the locality, could anyone recommend me areas to focus on lettings that would obviously be accessible to the college green area by walking or public transport. Thanks.

That's right in the middle of the city and accessible by public transport from practically all of Dublin. What kind of place are you looking for, and what's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

athtrasna wrote: »
    That's right in the middle of the city and accessible by public transport from practically all of Dublin. What kind of place are you looking for, and what's your budget?

A single bed room, my budget would probably be 450 monthly. What areas would you recommend that I look at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    A single bed room, my budget would probably be 450 monthly. What areas would you recommend that I look at?

You're going to have to look well out of the city centre at that price. Rents are high at the moment. I would try Phibsborough but I'm thinking your budget may be more Lucan /Blanchardstown

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Do you mean a 1 bed apartment or a room in a houseshare?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Id try searching D 1, 2, 7 and 8 I.e within walking distance of work and also for nights out if applicable...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You're going to have to look well out of the city centre at that price. Rents are high at the moment. I would try Phibsborough but I'm thinking your budget may be more Lucan /Blanchardstown

Good luck with Lucan. 2 beds are making 1,250- and supply is pretty much non existent. Its a complete mess- there is no supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Do you mean a 1 bed apartment or a room in a houseshare?

1 bed room in a house share

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

€450 makes it very difficult to get a 1bed to yourself - see screenshot, Daft search with max set to €450. I wish being a full hour or more out of the city centre(as Lucan and Blanchardstown are) reduced rent that much, but as it stands I have to live with my parents in the Blanch area and couldn't even afford to rent in the area, despite a full time job.

OP you already know this, but it will have to be a house share.

321782.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ShadowHuntress

TheBandicoot, where did you manage to pull up that map you just posted? Because I too am searching for acommodation at some 450 Euro a month (single room in a share). Please let me know so I can get hunting! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

That maps from daft.ie.
    A quick loom at house shares on the same website has plenty under 450, ranging from a hostel setup with bunks to more decent private rooms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ShadowHuntress

Excellent, many thanks! :)

Advertisement