Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chrome crashing

Options
  • 10-09-2014 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Wondering if anyone could help. I have an issue with Google Chrome. It opens by default to a blank tab. If I type in an URL and as soon as I hit 'Enter' it will lock up and crash. However it only happens in that scenario.

Eg if I go to a bookmark it will open, if I open a new tab first and then type it works. It always works straight away typing an URL in incognito mode.

So it only crashes on inital open and type URL. Follow the steps of new tab or open a bookmark and it will work fine for the entire browser session.

I have tried uninstalling the browser the reinstalling as well as disabling all extensions.

I'm using Chrome 37.0.2062.120 m on a Windows 8.1 laptop.

Anyone else experiencing this? I am guessing something on my system could be causing it? Any advise would be great.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

how do other browsers behave ?

worth checking for malware too

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

run and post the logs from dds

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/dds/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

jsa112 wrote: »
    run and post the logs from dds

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/dds/

Thanks.

I have attached the logs.

how do other browsers behave ?

worth checking for malware too

Other browsers behave fine. I don't think I have any malware but will run a malwarebytes scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

those logs are looking good so not a malware issue, sorry cant be much more help

• Advertisement

those logs are looking good so not a malware issue, sorry cant be much more help
    No problem, thanks anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Extensions ?

Proxy settings - but it uses system settings like IE

Have you tried
    Restore browser settings to their original defaults.

Does chrome have a safe mode like IE / Firefox ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Check your default Search Engine, also try and disable the URL and navigiations suggestions to test

advertsfox wrote: »
    Check your default Search Engine, also try and disable the URL and navigation suggestions to test

Thanks but unfortunately no joy. Search engine is Google and it still happens when I disable URL and navigation settings. I might look to see can I install a different version of Chrome to see is that where the issue lies.

I've updated to Chrome beta and this is no longer happening. No viruses/malware so guessing this must be do with the Chrome version and how it works on my system. Beta will have to do until they update Chrome :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

What do you look for in those file's?

Advertisement