Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIM Second Year Geography and Anthropology

Options
  • 10-09-2014 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm taking double honours Arts in Geography and Anthropology and looking for info on the modules in second year.

Geography - Definitely taking Climatology and Biogeography. Stuck between Geomorphology, Hydrology and Geography of Health for semester 1, and between Hazards and Society and Historical Geography for semester 2. Also, anyone go on the field trip?

Anthropology - These are the ones I've chosen: Psychological Anthropology, Medical Anthropology Applying Anthropology, Linguistic Anthropology and Economic Anthropology.

If anyone has any info and/or opinions on any of these modules please share! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

Im a single honors Anthropology student heading into 3rd year and as far as i remember I enjoyed all of those modules bar the medical one. Not that it was particularly boring just wasnt what I was interested, lecturer was great interesting topics well worth doing exam was a bit difficult though. I really enjoyed Economic Anthropology real interesting to do, might be a bit lost at the start g but ye cop on to it fairly quickly. Was also not too difficult with the continuos assesment. Could be a bit boring at times. Linguistic i found really interesting and I used to despise languages at school, really cool to learn about all the old languages that existed around Europe and not a particularly difficult subject at all. Psychological Anthropology was tough but really interesting! essays were hard enough and found the lecturer a bit difficult constantly going off the topic but a very interesting module. Hope ye enjoy it! World always needs more Anthropologists... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DaniKoala

Toshi101 wrote: »
    Im a single honors Anthropology student heading into 3rd year and as far as i remember I enjoyed all of those modules bar the medical one. Not that it was particularly boring just wasnt what I was interested, lecturer was great interesting topics well worth doing exam was a bit difficult though. I really enjoyed Economic Anthropology real interesting to do, might be a bit lost at the start g but ye cop on to it fairly quickly. Was also not too difficult with the continuos assesment. Could be a bit boring at times. Linguistic i found really interesting and I used to despise languages at school, really cool to learn about all the old languages that existed around Europe and not a particularly difficult subject at all. Psychological Anthropology was tough but really interesting! essays were hard enough and found the lecturer a bit difficult constantly going off the topic but a very interesting module. Hope ye enjoy it! World always needs more Anthropologists... ;)

Great! Anthropology never lets me down :D Just realized I cant take medical anthro anyway as it clashes with biogeography. Maybe I'll take Applied Anthropology instead because I heard the special topic modules weren't great. Thanks for your input :)

Advertisement