Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lotto Winners, under 5k

Options
  • 10-09-2014 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Say for sums 1k to 5k are they all paid by cheque, or cash, cheques are being done away with on the 19th September this year by government departments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Say for sums 1k to 5k are they all paid by cheque, or cash, cheques are being done away with on the 19th September this year by government departments.

We won just under €6,000 in work a couple of years ago and the post office paid it out in cash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Won 2000 about 2 years ago and got it in cash from the GPO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Stokolan wrote: »
    Won 2000 about 2 years ago and got it in cash from the GPO.

Same here, anything more than a few grand and I'd say you have to go to lotto HQ in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

shockwave wrote: »
    Same here, anything more than a few grand and I'd say you have to go to lotto HQ in dublin.

I think the post office pay out up to €20,000 in cash

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Its on the back of the ticket what the limits are for each

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

cococoady wrote: »
    I think the post office pay out up to €20,000 in cash

I know 10k is paid by cheque, so I guess anything under that is probably in cash.

Advertisement