Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Class timetable

• 10-09-2014 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm a first year student, I just printed my timetable for the year and I am too eager to wait for an explanation of our timetable during orientation week, can anyone who understands the timetable just explain to me how it works? Like for example when I look at my schedule for Monday, it shows me two different rows with different lectures at different times, does that mean one row is my Monday timetable for the first semester and the other row is for Monday on second semester? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DoomDaDa

The ones online are just provisional, they might possibly change.
    And yea, I haven't got a clue either! haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭clairek6

The little numbers on the right hand corners of the subjects are the weeks that class is running i.e '2-5' means tht subject is from the second week to the fifth- thats why there can be two modules scheduled for the same time but they are actually on different weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I wouldn't print off the timetable just yet as it'll most likely change before you start! In fact, it'll probably change after you start too :P

In any case, this is only your first semester timetable. Sometimes lectures are only on certain weeks as clairek6 pointed out, other times the class might be a tutorial or a practical and you're split in to different groups. In that case you'll find out which group you're in during orientation or your lecturer will mail you or something.

The letter/number combo in the top right hand corner is the building and classroom. You'll get a map with the buildings listed on it during orientation. On the left hand side it says Lec./Prac. etc to let you know what type of class it is then under that is your lecturer's name and then the module code under that. That's about it anyway! But yea, keep an eye on it even after you start as classrooms etc. are known to often change in the first week or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 patricia14796

Yeah I'd say they probably will change but I just found it confusing trying to figure out what way it worked, I'm one of those people that hasn't got patience, I couldn't wait until next week to find out haha! Thank you all!

Advertisement