Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

am i mad

Options
  • 10-09-2014 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Thinking of going on back to work enterprise allowance initiative. With the economy supposedly on the way back up I'm thinking of starting a small business that should be viable in my local area. Are small businesses succeeding lately.or is government dragging their heels??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

This is an impossible question to answer.

If you have a great product with great service in a great location your chance of success is probably higher than your chance of failure, but most small businesses fail.

Do you have enough capital to see you through the initial period of losing money?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

//MOD

Please note this thread has been moved from Rec -> Work & Jobs and a new charter is now in effect.

OP I think you'll find this forum more suitable for your query; to the local moderators please free to send it back if it is not a good fit.

//MOD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Have you got a specific business idea and a well though out plan to implement it? Governmental role as to whether you succeed or not is peripheral in the extreme, though the BTWEA may well be a good assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Don't mean to be giving you a smart answer but some small businesses succeed and some fail.

The bit in the middle is dependant on you and what business you are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Thanks for replies so far. Yes I'll have enough to get by that initial stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

hadepsx wrote: »
    Thanks for replies so far. Yes I'll have enough to get by that initial stage.

Enough what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Capital.meant to direct that at Mr.loverman

Advertisement