Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running routes Dame St during winter

Options
  • 10-09-2014 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

have enough time usually to get 7 / 8k's done over lunch but work in city centre and Trinity track won't be available over winter (assuming the monsoons return - inevitable).

Anyone any good runs that they do in the area that doesn't involve dodging 4032 people en route?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I dont run myself but if I did I'd try the Iveagh Gardens just off Harcourt St and do laps around the perimeter of the park. I'm not sure what the distance would be, maybe 1km per lap. If you're looking for a quiet place to run then I think it should fit the bill as anytime Ive been in it around lunchtime its never that busy, and even less so in the winter I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

the gym threadmills are another option if you're a student/staff member

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

From Dame Street (which will always be busy) run down Patrick St / Clanbrassil St to the Canal. Down the Canal to Grand Canal Dock, up Pearse Street all the way around to the front of Trinity. That route shouldn't be overly busy with pedestrians. It would be around 7km-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭D33

Cheers folks, very helpful. Iveagh gardens and around by Canal sound like v good options (particularly the canal loop which I never thought of) and treadmill's always handy for when the freeze sets in:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

D33 wrote: »
    Cheers folks, very helpful. Iveagh gardens and around by Canal sound like v good options (particularly the canal loop which I never thought of) and treadmill's always handy for when the freeze sets in:)

in the winter you can always just stick to the grass in the Iveagh if the paths are slippy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement