Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One NAT issues

Options
  • 10-09-2014 10:13pm
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

So, Destiny is unplayable at the moment for me, I thought it was server issues but for some reason the console is saying my NAT is strict.

I had no issues in Cork but I am at home for a few days now. I've had open NAT on the 360 here for years so I don't really understand why it's not open on the One. I've forwarded the ports but I can't figure out how to assign a static IP through the router (eircom netopia).

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dubaicentral

portforward.com and click on how to port forward the xbox one and follow it step by step, it also includes instructions on the static ip.

Alternatively if the port forwarding does not give you an open nat type you could try putting your console in your routers DMZ. Do a quick search on how to do that its fairly simple if you have a laptop or computer in the house.

Id be fairy certain your issues with destiny are linked to you strict nat type so your on the right track.

Also the xbox one uses different network ports to the 360 so this is why you probably haven't come across this on the 360

Xbox Live requires the following ports to be open on Xbox one

Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 500 (UDP)
    UDP Port 3544 (UDP)
    UDP Port 4500 (UDP)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah I've added the extra ports. I'll give portforward.com a look. Cheers.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Static IP assigned, ports all forwarded, still strict :mad:

Will try DMZ thing.

Before doing the dmz launch the game and see if it has improved since assigning the static ip as the xbox may be giving a false reading and may in fact have an open nat type. You might have tried this already but its worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Or try going to settings, network, test multilayer..
    When the test is over press both triggers and both shoulder buttons at the same
    Time, you may have to do it more than once. It should work. It worked for me

• Advertisement

deco nate wrote: »

This does give a reading of an open nat type once you continue on to network settings afterwards but does not appear to be a permanent solution and may be a false reading and will disappear the next time you turn the console off or whenever it feels like and you end up having to repeat it everytime you have to turn the console on. Worth a shot tho.

This does give a reading of an open nat type once you continue on to network settings afterwards but does not appear to be a permanent solution and may be a false reading and will disappear the next time you turn the console off or whenever it feels like and you end up having to repeat it everytime you have to turn the console on. Worth a shot tho.
    Mine is open all the time now, but I do use the quick start thing.

Before doing the dmz launch the game and see if it has improved since assigning the static ip as the xbox may be giving a false reading and may in fact have an open nat type. You might have tried this already but its worth a shot.

Yeah i had tried that before and no joy. Got kicked from a couple of matches there again same as before.

I'ts saying open now though after I did the dmz thing (or IP passthrough as it seems to be called.)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah i had tried that before and no joy. Got kicked from a couple of matches there again same as before.

I'ts saying open now though after I did the dmz thing (or IP passthrough as it seems to be called.)
    It might be a problem with the game server, seeing as it's just out. Anyway best of luck :)

It might be a problem with the game server, seeing as it's just out. Anyway best of luck :)

I hope that's all it is, kicked instantly from a match again there :(

Thanks for the help anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I could not get my One to have open nat until I added the IP to the DMZ

360 never needed ports forwarded at all.

calex71 wrote: »
    I could not get my One to have open nat until I added the IP to the DMZ

360 never needed ports forwarded at all.

Same here. Even with the open nat I was still getting kicked last night though.

Ok, I've now resorted to moving the router to my room and using a wired connection, but of course the NAT has gone back to strict. I thought NAT was only an issue for wireless connections for some reason.

Played Titanfall for a couple of hours there, wasn't disconnected once. Guess the problem is on Bungie's end then.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Played Titanfall for a couple of hours there, wasn't disconnected once. Guess the problem is on Bungie's end then.

Has there being an official announcement by bungie? I hope it is on their end cause if it would be unplayable for me if i have to put up with it

sky23 wrote: »
    Has there being an official announcement by bungie? I hope it is on their end cause if it would be unplayable for me if i have to put up with it

Says on their site they're monitoring all the errors and disconnects, hopefully it's just a case of teething problems.

Advertisement