Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't edit or delete posts.

Options
  • 10-09-2014 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭

Hello! Hope you can help. Not sure where to post this but I can't edit or delete my posts whenever I hit the "edit" button on my post and I just get a white screen whenever I do. Any idea what the craic might be?

Thanks for you help!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Using what device? Have you already emptied the cache?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Isn't their new rules about people with under 50 posts editing their posts. I see TBL is over 50 now so if it is the case they should be able to now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It would be an explicit permissions error page then, not a white screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Spear wrote: »
    Using what device? Have you already emptied the cache?

My laptop. Not sure what emptying my cache entails.

Next time you're at the blank screen, press ctrl + F5 to force a refresh.

• Advertisement

That doesn't seem to work. Has it got something to do with the amount of time I've been signed up?

No, the signup time/post count limit only applies to posting links, not editting posts.

Must be a problem my end so. Unless you can think of anything else. Thanks for your help anyway.

It seems when I go write a post, I don't have the options of emoticons or the option to post links or images...basically the toolbar that was above the box to write the post in is not there. I also can't quote other posters' posts properly either. Any ideas?

Check what editor mode you have set:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

• Advertisement

Hi Spear. It looks like it's working now, so thanks again for your time. You can lock up the thread! :)

Did you change or do anything though?

Spear wrote: »
    Did you change or do anything though?

No, just started working properly on its own sometime this morning. Didn't change or adjust anything in settings (it was working just before I read your post with the link to edit options). Could someone have adjusted it for me?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement