Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agressive scammers operating in supermarket car parks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

I used to have respect for members of the community described ,until i ended up buying a house on the same road as them .Now ?,well you can imagine ,and i cant describe it here,but lets just say ,if approached by one ,they would regret ever seeing my face .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    He could be done for aggressive begging.

And before they can, they either have to be witnessed by the Gardaí doing it (which they won't, because as soon as they see a Garda they're gone), or a statement is forthcoming from someone who was victim of "aggressive begging", which would also entail a court appearance by that same witness. And as is always the case, people don't want the hassle of having to go to court, so there's nothing that can be done in those cases other than to ask them to move on.

The only other form of begging is if it is occurring within a certain distance of a financial institution, or near an ATM. And the beggars know this so don't go near those places.
    they do sweet F.A. bout chasing after the roma beggers in fact i know a fella who had a shop in town that used to do that because the gardai were'nt and it was affecting his business havin them sat outside day in day out begging for change!!!and in fact 20 guards and i aint lieing were sent down to arrest him for catching two romas robbing a man in a wheelchair and giving them a few slaps for it

This is where that chap went wrong, he shouldn't have hit them, but merely defended himself if they tried to attack him. Instigating violence towards someone, regardless of the circumstances (even in this one, "giving them a few slaps" is not legally warranted), is considered assault.

The law is on the side of the criminals, not the law-abiding citizens or those willing to step into a crime. The Gardaí's heads are melted with the beggars, and they would do something if they could, but the law is the law, and they risk their jobs and freedom if they wrongly arrest someone, especially with the manhunt GSOC has on them.

Also, this doesn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

same fella tried it on me in a petrol station in ferrybank .
    his mother was sick in kilkenny told him no didnt have a penny to spare.
    anyone who lives like that is a parasite and opportunist.
    they prey on the good natured and the vulnerable.

please do not encourage or let them get away with fleecing others.
    do not let them bully and intimidate anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I was approached by a knacker last night just as i was coming out of the topaz garage on the manor he said something about not having the money for a bus home i just ignored him and kept walking

• Registered Users Posts: 11 400rr

As in the first post same thing happened to me at halfords last Sunday the same car he was looking for a tenner.
    Today I was behind a car pulling out onto the Quay and I seen two people from the same community doing the same thing to the driver infront of me, about five minutes later i was outside centra on the Quay and I seen a known junkie walk up to the two people who had stopped the car infront me a couple of minutes ago he asked them for 2 euro and they told him to f##k off, then the junkie fella went over to some old man's car tried to open the door with the man in the car and he then started to knock on the window saying well pal do you have 2 euro..
    What the f##k is the story with town and these scumb....

I seen one them on the No hopes choir programme that was on tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

400rr wrote: »
    As in the first post same thing happened to me at halfords last Sunday the same car he was looking for a tenner.
    Today I was behind a car pulling out onto the Quay and I seen two people from the same community doing the same thing to the driver infront of me, about five minutes later i was outside centra on the Quay and I seen a known junkie walk up to the two people who had stopped the car infront me a couple of minutes ago he asked them for 2 euro and they told him to f##k off, then the junkie fella went over to some old man's car tried to open the door with the man in the car and he then started to knock on the window saying well pal do you have 2 euro..
    What the f##k is the story with town and these scumb....

I seen one them on the No hopes choir programme that was on tv.

ive experienced the traveler guy a couple of times. told him ta f off in lidl long time ago. rang the cops a couple of times over him. theyre well aware of him but i do feel very sorry for the junkies around the place. we re not dealing with our drug problem at all and subsequently those with mental health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aaronpryan

I'm not sure if it's the same chap, but I was waiting for the bus in Tramore and this guy came up to me asking for money. Told him I haven't got any, but just enough to get into town myself. He stuck around annoying other people passing. He looked like a junkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Outside the Granville the other night at around 11pm a man, no spring chicken, and fairly well dressed comes over and asks for €300 to get to London:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Outside the Granville the other night at around 11pm a man, no spring chicken, and fairly well dressed comes over and asks for €300 to get to London:eek:

300 to London? Flying first class?
    Should've told him he can fly for 40 from waterford airport

• Registered Users Posts: 11 400rr

deise08 wrote:
    300 to London? Flying first class? Should've told him he can fly for 40 from waterford airport

You probably get a week holiday in Portugal for 300 maybe he ment Lisbon

• Advertisement
Advertisement