Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a sim-free phone off Amazon

Options
  • 11-09-2014 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I'm currently considering buying a sim-free Lumia 625 off Amazon.co.uk. I was wondering do phones bought from the U.K. work in Ireland or are there any extra unlock codes I need or anything like that? I'm currently on Meteor but want to switch over to 3.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

They aren't all unlocked. You should check that before you buy. They usually say what network they are on in the add. or if they are sim free.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

beauf wrote: »
    They aren't all unlocked. You should check that before you buy. They usually say what network they are on in the add. or if they are sim free.

Easiest way of ensuring that is to do a search for "sim-free phones" on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Or order from Amazon.de, 90%+ of their stock is sim free and prices are in euros so you tend to not lose out on the exchange rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

ED E wrote: »
    Or order from Amazon.de, 90%+ of their stock is sim free and prices are in euros so you tend to not lose out on the exchange rates.

How do you ensure that your phone is not one of the locked 10%?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

why not go with the new model the 630 which is also cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

zetalambda wrote: »
    How do you ensure that your phone is not one of the locked 10%?

It says in the description that its sim free or will say a network name if not.

Advertisement