Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buggy/pushchair for 3 year old

Options
  • 11-09-2014 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a buggy or pushchair for. Y daughter who is nearly 3.there is a long walk from the car park to her playschool and in the rain it's not good fun.i need something small for the boot of my car but strong enough to take a 3 year old.
    Any tips ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

How long of a walk are you talking? I would HATE to be paying out money for a buggy for a healthy three year old, I'd hope they'd be walking most places by then?! Any chance you could borrow one from a friend, it seems an awful waste of money for something that (you would hope!) wouldn't be necessary for very long. If the rain bothers her, how about waterproof clothes/kiddie umbrella/little wellies, make it fun for her by letting her splash in the puddles!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

How long of a walk are you talking? I would HATE to be paying out money for a buggy for a healthy three year old, I'd hope they'd be walking most places by then?! Any chance you could borrow one from a friend, it seems an awful waste of money for something that (you would hope!) wouldn't be necessary for very long. If the rain bothers her, how about waterproof clothes/kiddie umbrella/little wellies, make it fun for her by letting her splash in the puddles!

She is my youngest of four . It's a long walk in the rain and somedays id like to put her int the buggy and go for a stroll she will be three next month.
    My back is bad and I'm not able for the arm pulling body dropping tantrums that come along between the age of 2/3.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

my 3 year old is super lazy so she goes on the front of the buggy or buggy board for long walks.
    I would look on adverts and just buy a cheap stroller.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    my 3 year old is super lazy so she goes on the front of the buggy or buggy board for long walks.

I was looking and actually bought one from Argos that was reduced but it was rubbish and unreturned it after a day.
    I need something light but atrong ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Would a scooter be an alternative?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

A maclaren quest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Moonbeam wrote: »

You'd probably be crazy to spend a lot of money on a stroller just for crèche. Pick a good brand and then look for it secondhand. For example I bought a maclaren quest for €40 on donedeal as I only needed it for crèche. It's perfect.

yellow hen wrote: »
    You'd probably be crazy to spend a lot of money on a stroller just for crèche. Pick a good brand and then look for it secondhand. For example I bought a maclaren quest for €40 on donedeal as I only needed it for crèche. It's perfect.

Grand I'll have a look.inwas looking at a maclaran Xl or something like that but €100 is way to much for a two year old buggy.thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

cathy01 wrote: »
    Grand I'll have a look.inwas looking at a maclaran Xl or something like that but €100 is way to much for a two year old buggy.thanks all

I have seen 4 year olds in maclaren quests!!! Check out adverts I have seen them for €30/€40. Everything on them can go into the washing machine

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭addob

A friend bought this one: http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/baby/c-614/pushchairs/p-552/dimples-pitch-stroller/

for her 2.5 year old - it might do the trick for you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement