Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Painting House

Options
  • 11-09-2014 9:45am
    Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Just wondering before I go looking how much should I be paying for painting (ball park will do) for a 1250sq foot 2 story semi detached house and a 2000sq ft 3 story detached house?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Depends on a lot of different factors- not leastly- is it solely the exterior walls- or are you painting windows, woodwork and sundry parts of the property.
    Really- any painter would have to survey the job before pricing it for you- simply saying its a detached, or a semi-d, and giving the floor areas- really isn't enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

I had a 3 bed semi fully painted inside all walls, ceilings, woodwork. Upstairs walls all skimmed and downstairs patched and repaired.
    You'd need to be comfortable spending €3,000 for a job like this. It'll go up or down from there, but be comfortable at 3 Grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property

Some additional factors to consider:

Ceiling heights?

Number of rooms (affects amount of wall)?

Is it a new house or old?

Is the plasterwork dry and in good condition?

Does wall paper need to be removed?

Is it occupied / furnished?

What paint specification?

Inside? Outside? Wood work?

Floors?

Is a room to be all one colour or are there details to be picked out?

Where in the country?

Advertisement