Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working for an English Company in Ireland

Options
  • 11-09-2014 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I moved to the UK form Ireland in June for training for a IT consultancy firm. I may be placed in a role in Dublin for a year. I have a NIN and that is associated with my job in the UK.

Will I be taxed through the UK or Ireland as I will be living there?

I'm confused at the moment and do not want to be over taxed.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Hi

If you are working under an Irish Contract of employment where all of the work is to be carried out in Ireland then it should be subject to Irish payroll taxes and not UK.

Your employer should register as an Irish employer and operate Irish payroll taxes over your salary.

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

It would be an Uk contract of employment on secondment to ireland.

Normally in these situations the employer will operate a tax equalisation policy where they account for the tax in both jurisdictions claiming the credit for the foreign (here ireland) tax paid.

Ask your employer if this is in place, in which case dont worry.

Advertisement