Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body-building/ Weight-training Gym in Naas?

Options
  • 11-09-2014 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi I did a search for this query but they are all out of date now.

I'm moving to a new job in the Toughers Industrial Estate and will be getting a houseshare in Naas or Kilcullen or somewhere in that general locality.

I'm looking for a gym that suits my needs:

-I would like a gym with a nice selection of free-weights + 2 racks.
    -A good few benches
    -Not too busy, as I expect to go there during peak hours
    -Clean
    -Maybe a few bodybuilders. Although I'm female, I liken my training style to a male bodybuilder (although I'm not as strong!)
    -But not a freezing shed

Where do the muscly boys of Kildare go in this area? What is their favourite gym?

The ones I've googled:
    K-Leisure- I've read it's too busy- is this the case?
    Kilashee House - It looks nice and clean
    Osprey Hotel - I can't find any reviews- heard there is a lot of cardio- but I'm more interested in weights.

Help would be SOOOO much appreciated!! I don't want to have to visit each gym if there is an obvious one made just for me!

Many Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I think there is a place in or near Toughers Ind Est, Optimum Performance or something similar to that.
    Not a traditional gym, but maybe its proximity to work will suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

The performance & fitness academy

Just googled it, no affiliation or recommendation, I just was aware of its existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nikmead

Thanks @prospect. I just googled them- It seems it's mostly classes and bootcamps.
    Do you know any insiders info about Kilashee / Osprey or K Leisure?
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

prospect wrote: »
    The performance & fitness academy

Just googled it, no affiliation or recommendation, I just was aware of its existence.

This one I think. Talk to "Transform" over in the fitness section. His brother runs it. They co-own (I think).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

ronaneire wrote: »

plenty of free weights, benches, machine weights etc. only complaint I would have is there is only one squat rack.

the performance and fitness is a very good S&C gym but not the place if bodybuilding is your aim. Worth a try out as it might change your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nikmead

Thanks all! I went on Saturday to visit and train in Kilashee House. Wow- I love it. It has a lot more stuff in there than I saw on google.

I liked the different leg presses,
    2 squat racks but also a few chest racks which I imagine help during busy times.
    Stretching equipment was awesome
    2 x stepmills for cardio aswell as the usual
    Assisted pull up
    Curling machines biceps and legs, shoulder presses, cables
    Deadlift area with mirrors everywhere
    Mirrors at racks and freeweight area
    Glute/ham raise
    A full circuit of abs.

And much much more
    And the staff at the desk were sound and were helpful when I was asking about finding accommodation nearby.

I cant imagine the other gyms beating it. Theres a few pieces in there that are not the standard, especially the stretching machines.

Impressed with it. And it was clean and in a gorgeous setting. Easy carpark.

Yup. Fairly satisfied if thats it for me but I will check out naas gym as its right beside a houseshare im looking at!

Advertisement