Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Morning Glory on Radio Nova

• 11-09-2014 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Has Joan Lea moved on from Morning Glory permanently?
    It seems to be Dee Woods has been covering for her for weeks now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭radioland

chatperche wrote: »

Is she not on holidays ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭real rocker

chatperche wrote: »

Maybe it's Mr. & Mrs. Breakfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 chatperche

It seems to be. Not that I have anything against Dee Woods. I quite like her actually. And I thought Joan Lea was on holidays at the start, but it seems to be going on for weeks now with no mention of Joan. It's a bit odd.

Silly me - wrong sort of Morning Glory....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭prunudo

Heard Dee on the show over the last few weeks and I have to say personally I prefer her as a co host than Joan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

jvan wrote: »
    Heard Dee on the show over the last few weeks and I have to say personally I prefer her as a co host than Joan.

Shes also a better jock than her other half............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Joan Lea hasn't moved on - she's been on extended sick leave for the past two weeks, prior to which she was on two weeks holidays.

Both Marty and Dee are off on their own holidays for the next two weeks, leaving Damien Farrelly holding the fort on Morning Glory, with PJ Gallagher as guest co-host this coming week, and Eric Lalor the week after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭prunudo

Bard wrote: »
    Joan Lea hasn't moved on - she's been on extended sick leave for the past two weeks, prior to which she was on two weeks holidays.

Both Marty and Dee are off on their own holidays for the next two weeks, leaving Damien Farrelly holding the fort on Morning Glory, with PJ Gallagher as guest co-host this coming week, and Eric Lalor the week after.

I was wondering what Damien Farrelly was doing after 2fm ditched him. Has he been with Nova long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

jvan wrote: »
    I was wondering what Damien Farrelly was doing after 2fm ditched him. Has he been with Nova long?

Actually I'm pretty sure his main gig is weekends for sister station 4fm and he's just filling in on MG for Nova.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Worst morning show out there. If you want forced banter and ego stroking between the pair and very little music then this is your show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭username000

Ive been wondering whats happened to Joan Lea myself.

Ive even noticed theyve renamed Lea's Sleaze to Dee's Sleaze.

And the jingle says "Dee and Marty" now too.

Its more than just 2 weeks holiday and 2 weeks sick leave, its been Dee since early December.

They also dropped the very funny game where Joan Lea sang the words of one song to the music of another and instead have the endlessly boring Guess Five Things game.

Its gone downhill a lot actually but I havent found a station I prefer for the drive to work.

With respect I think you're more than a bit out of date. don't think Joan's been on show since about last August / September. Can never understand people asking where they've gone or why - maybe just maybe it's none of our business

radioland wrote: »
    With respect I think you're more than a bit out of date. don't think Joan's been on show since about last August / September. Can never understand people asking where they've gone or why - maybe just maybe it's none of our business

She was definitely there in November. Even in early January 2015 they were still using her name on the jingle, but Id noticed its changed to Dee in the past 2 or 3 weeks.

Why wouldnt people ask where theyve gone or why?!? Ive changed what radio station Ive listened to in the past to follow a particular morning show DJ - so if Joan Lea has gone to another station I might decide to change over and listen to that.

Apologies, the site does not allow me to edit posts.

It looks like she was gone a lot sooner than I thought:

http:// radiotoday.ie/2014/11/dee-replaces-joan-on-novas-morning-glory/
    (sorry had to put in a space, the site is not allowing me to post links)

So she left the station altogether. Shame they never thought to mention that to the listeners.

Doesnt say why she left.

Might find a different station to listen to - I was under the assumption that Dee was only filling in and its be back to business as usual at some stage. Dont really dig the married couple banter from Dee and Marty.

Apologies, the site does not allow me to edit posts.

It looks like she was gone a lot sooner than I thought:

http:// radiotoday.ie/2014/11/dee-replaces-joan-on-novas-morning-glory/
    (sorry had to put in a space, the site is not allowing me to post links)

So she left the station altogether. Shame they never thought to mention that to the listeners.

Doesnt say why she left.

Might find a different station to listen to - I was under the assumption that Dee was only filling in and its be back to business as usual at some stage. Dont really dig the married couple banter from Dee and Marty.

These days its called "shanter"....especially with that pair...:)

She was definitely there in November. Even in early January 2015 they were still using her name on the jingle, but Id noticed its changed to Dee in the past 2 or 3 weeks.

Why wouldnt people ask where theyve gone or why?!? Ive changed what radio station Ive listened to in the past to follow a particular morning show DJ - so if Joan Lea has gone to another station I might decide to change over and listen to that.

I still think she left earlier and my recollection is that she didn't return from summer break. As to why, it'd still be my view that it's none of our business. There is still as far as I'm aware a thing called privacy

radioland wrote: »
    I still think she left earlier and my recollection is that she didn't return from summer break. As to why, it'd still be my view that it's none of our business. There is still as far as I'm aware a thing called privacy

Yeah I posted a correction to that after I came across an article about it.

I dont understand your point on privacy. I am not interested in her personal life. Im interested in her public life, i.e., is she presenting on a different radio station now?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Christine LaDuchesse

These days its called "shanter"....especially with that pair...:)
    I don't like the show at all anymore, since Joan left. Especially because I do not need to know about their personal lives at all. They are of no interest to me. All I want to hear is news and good music.

I All I want to hear is news and good music.

Youre out of luck there i fear.......:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I don't like the show at all anymore, since Joan left. Especially because I do not need to know about their personal lives at all. They are of no interest to me. All I want to hear is news and good music.
    It's just constant ego stroking. That 'Jukebox Hero' thing they do is terrible. A good idea for the odd day, but they're taking the piss doing it every day. Same sh*te banter each day.

"Well we're keeping score aren't we"

"Oh no we're not!"

"Well I won today so we're keeping score har har har!"

Dull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm pretty damn positive they played ronan keeping this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I'm pretty damn positive they played ronan keeping this morning

I think you heard The Counting Crowes version of 'Big Yellow Taxi' after 9am, which I always said sounds just like Ronan Keating.

Are Richard and Judy still going on about the baby..?....or are they talking about what way marty likes his eggs done....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I think you heard The Counting Crowes version of 'Big Yellow Taxi' after 9am, which I always said sounds just like Ronan Keating.
    you're dead right actually!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Does anybody know if Dee has had her baby yet? MG has had two guys presenting for the past week or so. Has Marty also taken some time off before babóg arrives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭Homer

I heard Marty's mother passed away during the week so thats why he was off. Couldn't tell you about the baby situation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

Homer wrote: »
    I heard Marty's mother passed away during the week so thats why he was off. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Homer wrote: »
    I heard Marty's mother passed away during the week so thats why he was off. Couldn't tell you about the baby situation!

Aw I didn't know that :( I thought it all seemed a bit sudden...there was no talk of him taking time off. RIP Mrs. Miller.

Advertisement