Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New bike en route!

• 11-09-2014 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

I "bit the bullet" and ordered a Canyon (Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 Pro (2014 model)) through their website. It's currently en route with an eta of Sunday afternoon :D

Can anyone who already owns a Canyon please affirm my decision to get one? Please and thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

dancrowley wrote: »
    I "bit the bullet" and ordered a Canyon (Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 Pro (2014 model)) through their website. It's currently en route with an eta of Sunday afternoon :D

Can anyone who already owns a Canyon please affirm my decision to get one? Please and thanks!

Best of luck with it John.

Same as you I bought a Storck this morning :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Lovely bike, best of luck with it OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

yop wrote: »
    Best of luck with it John.

Same as you I bought a Storck this morning :D
    Who's John when he's at home?? :)

logik wrote: »
    Lovely bike, best of luck with it OP.
    Thanks! Have you seen one in the flesh/carbon?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Who's John when he's at home?? :)

Sorry hadnt taken my pills Dan! :D Was listening to radio and your man mentioned John as I was typing! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭bazzamac

you wont be sorry.fantastic bikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Thanks! Have you seen one in the flesh/carbon?

Nope, not that particular model. Love Canyon bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Nice way to spend 3.5k I must get myself a better job :)

I saw one recently and they're a stunning bike the fork looks a bit odd being so skinny.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 maesrichard

I just bought the new canyon aeroad cf slx 8.0 today. Wont be here until week 47. Cant wait for it to arrive.
    I currently own a grand canyon cf slx 8.9 mtb from the 2014 range. I cannot fault the bike in anyway and because im so impressed by it thats why im changing from my pinarello road bike to canyon. Canyon also provide a fantastic service if anything goes wrong "hopefully not" with the bike., Also keep in mind that, if the stem needs changing, you can do so within 30days of receiving the bike. Id advise to has it set up correctly from the off and have no regrets. I know you wont be able to ride without the stem for 2 weeks but it would be worth it when spending that much money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

It's a crap bike and you've wasted your money.

But fear not - I will come to your rescue and relieve you of this burden. For a much reduced price I might add.

No, just kidding. Have fun and enjoy. Fantastic bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭skerry

Great bike, I picked one up last year and couldn't be happier with it. Super light and responsive, looks awesome too. Here is a picture of it staring out over the Shannon Estuary like a mighty stallion. Enjoy.

I just bought the new canyon aeroad cf slx 8.0 today. Wont be here until week 47. Cant wait for it to arrive.
    I currently own a grand canyon cf slx 8.9 mtb from the 2014 range. I cannot fault the bike in anyway and because im so impressed by it thats why im changing from my pinarello road bike to canyon. Canyon also provide a fantastic service if anything goes wrong "hopefully not" with the bike., Also keep in mind that, if the stem needs changing, you can do so within 30days of receiving the bike. Id advise to has it set up correctly from the off and have no regrets. I know you wont be able to ride without the stem for 2 weeks but it would be worth it when spending that much money.

It's great to hear that their customer service is up to snuff. The default stem SHOULD fit but i'm definitely keeping an open mind; 2 weeks isn't that long, considering.
    T-Maxx wrote: »
    It's a crap bike and you've wasted your money.

But fear not - I will come to your rescue and relieve you of this burden. For a much reduced price I might add.

No, just kidding. Have fun and enjoy. Fantastic bike.

Cheers! I'm hoping for great things, as i'm coming from a less-stiff, 9kg bike.
    skerry wrote: »
    Great bike, I picked one up last year and couldn't be happier with it. Super light and responsive, looks awesome too. Here is a picture of it staring out over the Shannon Estuary like a mighty stallion. Enjoy.

Cheers for the pic, skerry! It's making me more anxious for it to arrive! According to UPS, it arrived in country 2 nights ago but won't arrive here til tomorrow! Aaargh! I'll try and do your pic justice by taking an equivalent pic here... you like lots of sand/dust, right?! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Congrats OP.

I purchased a Canyon last year, haven't looked back since, awesome bikes.

Well the bike arrived a day earlier than anticipated, so that was nice! First impressions centre around how light it is and how well it looks.

Had the inaugural spin this morning before work, which showed how stiff yet comfortable it is. I hadn't tried out the fizik Antares saddle before and, coming from a Selle Italia with quite a large cutout, I thought i was in for a bit of an uncomfortable ride. I couldn't have been more wrong! Very pleased with the saddle, but it was only a quick spin... time will tell.

Overall, very very happy with it. I have a few things to tighten up and adjust (brakes, mainly) but i'm looking forward to thrashing this around a bit!

PS Dork disc will come off asap :pac:

QAt7oMq.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Beautiful bike, well wear!

Advertisement