Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow beaches

• 11-09-2014 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone could recommend any wild camping spots on the Wicklow coast, near/on a beach etc? Ideally away from houses obviously.

I'm in Wicklow this weekend doing some research for a walking guidebook I'm writing, and with the good weather I would love a beach camp. Near the mid or south of the county would be ideally.

Goes without saying I am responsible/ LNT camper.

Feel free to PM me if you would prefer not to mention good spots in public.

Thanks very much,

Lenny

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Limekiln bay near wicklow town could be a good spot. It's a small shingle beach but there is a large grassy headland beside it. currently the wicklow head cliff walk is closed but it is still possible to access limekiln bay from the lighthouse road. The path down to the bay is starting to get overgrown with prickily gorse and ferns but still doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lennyantonelli

Cheers for that. Actually ended up finding a beautiful spot in north Wexford. If anyone is ever looking for a great coastal wild camping spot down that end, PM me.

Advertisement