Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need furniture ideas! Help please!

• 11-09-2014 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi there. I'm really struggling on what furniture to buy for my family room. I really love the stuff in http://www.soullifestyle.ie/ but I can't seem to choose anything. I hate generic furniture you see in the likes of Harvey Norman etc (even though my dining table is from there) so I'm finding it hard to find something I like. Does anyone know of any shops similar to Soul? Or does anyone have any ideas on what pieces I could buy? I'm looking for a coffee table, side table(s) and a tv cabinet/sideboard. Here's a couple of pictures, and a picture of the Dining room (it's open plan). Not sure if I should base my furniture choices off the dining table or not. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

29fusux.jpg
    13z03tl.jpg
    5l51xi.jpg
    2q1yrdl.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭anndub

larrlin24 wrote: »
    Hi there. I'm really struggling on what furniture to buy for my family room. I really love the stuff in http://www.soullifestyle.ie/ but I can't seem to choose anything. I hate generic furniture you see in the likes of Harvey Norman etc (even though my dining table is from there) so I'm finding it hard to find something I like. Does anyone know of any shops similar to Soul? Or does anyone have any ideas on what pieces I could buy? I'm looking for a coffee table, side table(s) and a tv cabinet/sideboard. Here's a couple of pictures, and a picture of the Dining room (it's open plan). Not sure if I should base my furniture choices off the dining table or not. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

29fusux.jpg
    13z03tl.jpg
    5l51xi.jpg
    2q1yrdl.jpg

Hi, I can't help you with your furniture question but I'm wondering what brand and colour of paint you have on your walls? I'm decorating at the moment and that looks fab and is pretty much what I had in mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭larrlin24

anndub wrote: »
    Hi, I can't help you with your furniture question but I'm wondering what brand and colour of paint you have on your walls? I'm decorating at the moment and that looks fab and is pretty much what I had in mind!

I wish I knew!! It was this colour when we moved in a few months ago and I haven't been able to find out the exact paint used unfortunately. Elephants breath by Farrow and Ball is quite similar :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭firlodge

Hi
    Have you asked soul lifestyle to help you?
    I'm guessing that if you send photos & room dimensions & a brief outline of what they need that they would put together some ideas for you.
    If not have you considered using an interior designer?
    Very cost effective when you have a lot to buy as there is usually a discount available to designers which from the clients point of view (ie you) goes a long way toward making up a design fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭larrlin24

firlodge wrote: »
    Hi
    Have you asked soul lifestyle to help you?
    I'm guessing that if you send photos & room dimensions & a brief outline of what they need that they would put together some ideas for you.
    If not have you considered using an interior designer?
    Very cost effective when you have a lot to buy as there is usually a discount available to designers which from the clients point of view (ie you) goes a long way toward making up a design fee.

I might actually contact Soul and see what they can do. Are there any other interior designers you could recommend in the Dublin/Kildare area? I'm basically starting from scratch and have a lot of rooms to furnish. I just presumed it cost a lot to hire someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Holly Tree

I think you should go for a large rectangular coffee table, something that's quite rustic looking- a nice natural light oak or something similar with two smaller side tables in a similar colour but not necessarily matching. Do you definitely need a TV cabinet or would you consider mounting the TV on the wall? I'd also throw down a large rug to cover a good portion of the floor, it will help divide the dining room from the living room and make it look more cosy. ( maybe main color olive green or a dark red? Most of the colours in the pics are warm neutrals so you could work whatever your favourite colour is into the rug). Instead of a TV cabinet I would put up some floating shelves, I really like the of using discarded wooden beams for this and display your books or ornaments. A standing lamp in the corner would bea nice addition too maybe? Just some thoughts anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭firlodge

try contacting the furniture shop first - I'm hopeful that they will be helpful!

Advertisement