Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting phone number

Options
  • 11-09-2014 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Hey guys I am looking at changing mobile provider, and want to keep my old number. My current provider meteor is saying I have to give them 30 days notice. Is this true? Can I just contact the new provider, pick my phone and ask to keep my old number.
    I have fulfilled my contract and am sick of their shoddy customer service, and ludicrous reason for declaring to repair a phone under warranty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Yes yes and yes, you can just go and join another network and they will initiate the porting process. Shouldn't take too long either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

So I won't have to fulfill the 30 days or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

So I won't have to fulfill the 30 days or not?

No I moved from Meteor Sim only plan a few months back and didn't give 30 day notice, Once you move they will send you the last bill for usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Nava, did you just sign up with your new provider and let them take care of the porting ?
    In other words, did you not contact Meteor at all and your number ported over without any problem ?
    And was the final Bill up to the date of porting or the date the 30 day contract would have been up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Nava, did you just sign up with your new provider and let them take care of the porting ?
    In other words, did you not contact Meteor at all and your number ported over without any problem ?
    And was the final Bill up to the date of porting or the date the 30 day contract would have been up ?

Yes they take care of everything, I didn't contact meteor, the sim only plan they charge you for what you use, nothing extra, in my case last bill was €3

• Advertisement
Advertisement