Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

First time for Rain Gear

• 11-09-2014 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

So I've recently moved house and my commute has went from 15 minutes to 50 minutes. I feel like anything more than a short drizzle now will just mean wet uncomfortable riding on the bike so I've decided to invest in some rain gear.

I've been looking online (most revzilla) but they only thing I've found that might be fitting.

I need something that's gonna keep the rain off for around 50-50 minutes then something that is easily packed away with minimal space.

I've heard two piece suits are the bees knees for keeping the water out, but I just think they might be a bit too bulky to be carrying around all day.

Anybody got any recommendations ? My price range is about 100€.

Is it worth the small bit you save online as apposed to going into a shop also ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭pillphil

I've had an Oxford one piece rain suit for years. It needs replacing now but it was great at keeping rain out, it's awkward to get stuff out of your pockets but it might be easier to carry around, it's big enough rolled up, but it has it's own strap for carrying it Unfortunately then you have a ****ty looking plastic handbag to carry around. Here's a picture to give you an idea of the size, I didn't have a banana for scale, so I used a coke can.

I don't know if I'll replace it with a 1 or 2 piece. This one easy to throw over your shoulder to bring with you if it's not raining but might later but a 2 piece is easier to get in and out of.

321955.jpg
    321956.jpg
    321957.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭pillphil

The 2 pieces seem to come with separate bags for tops and bottoms, they look like they'd fit under the seat. I'll probably go with that

Advertisement