Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Anyone know what time the FM thing in the Sugar Club starts at tonight? It says 6pm on the site, but that seems a bit early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

xtal191 wrote: »
    Posted on the UTD Superthread, so credit to TheFullDuck, no idea if it includes the BETA though.

it does come with the beta :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

zefer wrote: »
    Calisle hammered my Notts Forest side 4-1 in the Carling Cup 2nd round. I'm finding this game very hard. Out of cup, played 12 games in league, currently in 23rd with 2 wins, 2 draws and 10 losses.
    Board have told me I have 5 games to get 11 points to keep my job. Have 4 points out of 6 so far. Should have 6 points but with 2 mins to go in last game and winning 3-2, my left back (and captain) decides to pass ball across the box to their centre forward for a tap in! :mad:

That happened to me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Are any of you running the game on fairly old laptops?

Mine is 5 years old and ran 14 pretty well I only normally choose leagues in 3 countires with large database). The minimum specs seeem the same as last year - hoping I will get this year out of it. Have read than flicking between screens can be very slow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Even at 3-0 up at home , with 10 minutes to go I'm a nervous wreck at the minute because my backline are prone to complete and utter chaos when trying to close out a game. It's difficult because when I go 1-0 early on I like to push on and try get another one but the other half of me is telling me to drop everything back and defend for our life...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Irishcrx wrote: »
    the other half of me is telling me to drop everything back and defend for our life...

Do your own thing. Never listen to the Mrs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Anyone know what time the FM thing in the Sugar Club starts at tonight? It says 6pm on the site, but that seems a bit early.

Whats that?

Just saw this Sugar Club thing now......anyone know what time lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

After playing four games since the patch, the amount of injuries is unreal didn't have this much in the past 2 seasons in my save, also the amount of long range goals the opposition scores is a bit insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

have given up on the beta myself, will wait till Friday in hope the day 1 patch makes it less frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Still happening way too often where I create 5 times more chances that the opposition, they create 1 half chance and manage to score 2 goals. It's not as if all my chances are long range efforts, I'm creating at least 3 clear cut chances per game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Still happening way too often where I create 5 times more chances that the opposition, they create 1 half chance and manage to score 2 goals. It's not as if all my chances are long range efforts, I'm creating at least 3 clear cut chances per game.

1 half chance equalling 2 goals really does mean something bad is happening

Need a dirt cheap winger for a championship side now that Jack Grealish broke his leg -any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Did anyone go the FM event yesterday? How was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

Need a dirt cheap winger for a championship side now that Jack Grealish broke his leg -any suggestions?
    Pavel Savitskiy can be got for dirt cheap but he may have a problem with a work permit. I got him in the summer and loaned him out to my affiliated club and then appealed it after 160 days(I think its 160 days anyway) and it got accepted so I bought him back to the club.

sdowling04 wrote: »
    Pavel Savitskiy can be got for dirt cheap but he may have a problem with a work permit. I got him in the summer and loaned him out to my affiliated club and then appealed it after 160 days(I think its 160 days anyway) and it got accepted so I bought him back to the club.

i HAVE HIM! same, no permit, 120 days passed, appealed it, still been rejected, another 120 days before i can appeal it again!

gutted

Ya cant go wrong with that price tag. Have him as backup for Depay now on the left wing as he's as good as Pienaar plus the fact that he has far more to develop. Depay has just won the golden boy award with 11 goals and 8 assists in 22 apps in his first season....Crazy good :D

Pione Sisto looks v.good too. I haven't bought him yet but his stats look very good for someone his age. Pity he needs a work permit too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

sdowling04 wrote: »
    Ya cant go wrong with that price tag. Have him as backup for Depay now on the left wing as he's as good as Pienaar plus the fact that he has far more to develop. Depay has just won the golden boy award with 11 goals and 8 assists in 22 apps in his first season....Crazy good :D

Won world player of the year for me and 3rd in ballon d'or in 2016. Beast

Spazdarn wrote: »
    Taking me a while to get used to the UI but it's still as addictive as ever. Managing Wexford Youths, have a fairly shocking squad, but I've finally got them winning games

I have no previous experience and no badges, so my managerial statistics are pathetic!

I started a game with them got sacked fairly lively, was conceding goals like a mad thing even with a defensive tactic.

• Advertisement

Cheers lads will have a butchers when I get home from work

This game can be fair annoying got 4 "clear-cut-chances" and score 2 the other team gets 1 clear cut chance and scores 4. happens so much in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

God damit, i am in my 3rd season with Concord Rangers in the conference south, i have spent the last 2 seasons weeding out useless and over paid players to get the finances sorted and am happy with my staff, and by the end of the summer transfer window i would have a little bit left in my wage budget encase my scouts find a gem, but the bloody board keep taking the balance off me, so far down about 30k p/a from when i started with them. That is about the wages for 2 1st team players or 1 superstar player for the league.

Anyway i have put up with it as the squad i currently have are a good mix of youth and experience, who are playing well with my systems. Seriously thinking we would be good enough for a playoff push next year as i have all my main players and prospects tied down for 2 years.

It is now the 7/jan/18 we were 2 points off the playoff spots, I got offered the chance to interview for Margate but turned it down because their finances were insecure even thou their wage budget is double mine and they were tipped for a playoff spot by the media.

Just got the phone call from the chairman, Concord Rangers has gone into Administration and the club can't pay the players, the PFA had to step in for that. O and we have been docked 10 points. Back down to 16th.

Not best pleased, the **** storm this is going to cause in the dressing room. and who knows what it is going to do to my rep, i am yet to earn a coaching badge as the club could never afford to send me on one.

Sweet Jesus give me strength, Right i have to go, one of my players is knocking on my door, "keen to discuss club matters" apparently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭markobucko

Verygood mate...can't wait to get started

Just activated the full game and have a 66mb download wonder if it includes any more patches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Had a quick play about with this, seems to run very smooth even on my 3 year old laptop, like the layout too, shame I won't have time to touch it until Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just put in about 3 hours with the full game.

Hppefully ill get sometime with over the weekend though, with Interstellar and a 30th Saturday its very unlikely. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Just put in about 3 hours with the full game.

Hppefully ill get sometime with over the weekend though, with Interstellar and a 30th Saturday its very unlikely. :o

Play another couple of hours and it might be Interstellar and the 30th that get the boot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

threein99 wrote: »
    Had a quick play about with this, seems to run very smooth even on my 3 year old laptop, like the layout too, shame I won't have time to touch it until Christmas

Mine is 5 years old, going to pick it up today, fingers crossed it will run ok, last years did anyway!

Dont know who Ill start with, any suggestions??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Downloaded the game and all the graphics packs last night and quickly booted it up to see all was working this morning, after 5 minutes not convinced on the new layout of the tactics page but apart from that it's looking nice and clean, a good facelift.

Roll on 5 o'clock, cleared the weekend schedule completely for this :)

Any suggestions on who to manage? I normally go for a Championship/League 1 team; last few ones have been Derby, Leeds and Forrest...

Advertisement