Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Manager 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Guffy

Sirsok wrote: »
    Falcoe is my top scorer this year for united, 26 goals, any one pay the 46 mil for him at end of season ? How it turn out?

Also won the league with notts. Forest with 3 games left in a 3 team similtaneous save! Fairly delighted! Calls for a beer!

Forest loan any united players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

gufc21 wrote: »
    Forest loan any united players?

Loaned Tyler Blackett and benzia to forest as I thought it made sense, admittingly Blackett is doing well benzia didn't score until January for me, assambalonga is bangin them is as is niang from ac....still I'm delighted the stand out was Cohen! I'm still celebrating!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wow at Depay. Never used him before but bought him at the start of my new game, along with Vela.

Running with the two on each wing, with Falcao up front, Mata in AMC and DiMaria and Verratti (who I got for 10m), and am just destroying teams. Just beat Chelsea 5-1, and am on a 10 match win streak.

I'm not this good :pac: Depay is so OP....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Just for people who may be interested in my game. After trying 2 separate games with Limerick and Metalist and getting bored fairly quick, I decided to take on one with my beloved Bolton.

Didn't realise quite how badly we were in debt in the game, losing serious money every month. My aims for the season were to finish mid-table, but I was hoping that we could maybe nick a play-off spot if I was able to work some magic. With no transfer budget and already over on my wage budget I needed to get rid of a few high wages and bring in some money. The squad I had seemed capable enough of being able to finish mid-table but my aspirations were higher. I asked to board to find a senior affiliate and they came back to me with Chelsea, which really benefited me!

I offloaded a couple of players, mostly young guys on loan, but the 3 big ones were sending Joe Mason back to Cardiff, Beckford and Lee. I only received 1m for Lee, a lot less than I wanted but it was after a couple of months and he wasn't fitting into my side so I decided it was best to take it. I brought in Tulio de Melo (free), Stacqualersi (free), Nathan Ake (loan), Todd Kane (loan) and Lewis Baker (loan) as well, before adding Elano (free), Ryan Mason (loan) and Nathaniel Chalobah (free) (who couldn't actually play because he'd already played for too many clubs in one season).

The start of the season was tough, I was trying to find a system that could make us solid, but also bang in a few goals. We were around 6th at about 10 games into the season after a poor start. But then we hit our stride! Tbh, it all changed when I tried Craig Davies as a False 9. By the end of the season he had over 40 goals, which was absolute madness. The Strac also pitched in with a few and Mason was immense when he came. Long story short we ended up winning the league on the final day by a 2 points.

I've started in the Premiership where hopefully the financial troubles the club have been having will come to an end. I was given over 50m for TV money! I was given 9m in transfer budget and spent it on making the loans of Ake, Baker and Kane permanent and bringing in Blackett, Ochs and Jimenez on free's. I sold Dervite and Hall for a combined 1.3m as well. Delighted Dervite is gone, he was nothing only a nuisance. I'm currently 4th after 13 games and into the quarters of the Capital One Cup against Leeds. A big problem though is I seem to be able to beat the teams outside the top 6, but always get a hammering against the top teams. Man United 6-2, Chelsea 5-1, Liverpool 4-1 etc..

I'm really enjoying this save, but my finals aren't! My squad is a bit thin as well at the moment and is starting to catch up with me, especially my lack of quality in back-up strikers. Ake is supreme through, along with Ream at the back. Spearing is very good along with Davies and Mason in midfield. Davies is ridiculous for me upfront, and the Strac is decent too (when he's not injured). However, my favourite player has to be Moxey as an attacking complete wing back. Never seems to have a bad game and always seems to grab a few assists.

Not sure how to post up screenshots, if someone lets me know (hint, hint) I'll pop them up, makes for more interesting reading!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Press f12 and just upload to imgur from the folder they get saved down to.

I got Ireland into the World Cup playoffs by a point after beating Hungary 4-0 then losing to Germany 7-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Bolton are struggling in the fifth tier in my game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Bolton are struggling in the fifth tier in my game.

In one of the other games I was playing with Metalist they were at the wrong end of League 2 after 4 seasons. They're that much in debt in the game it's likely to happen the majority of the time.

Just went on a 7 game winless streak, with Liverpool putting 7 past me. Broke it with a 1-0 win away to Leicester. In 6th, but Arsenal are 8 points ahead now in 5th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

*Long-ish Post*

TL/DR: Got promoted, transfers below.

Promotion for Fulham! Last game of the season, in 3rd place, 3 points behind Norwich in 2nd place with a far superior goal difference and playing them for the last game... Of course that was to be the first draw in about 5/6 games and I fluffed my lines. Thankfully for the first time ever I breezed through playoffs winning the first semi-final leg against Leeds 3-0 and then the final against Watford 3-0 too...

Been given ~£18m for the next season so should be enough to plug the holes hopefully!

Year 1 Transfers:

fJp5WKo.jpg

Couldn't shift much out at all so lot's of dead wood to shift out this season coming...

Q3uIPGx.jpg

Mixed bag here too:
    El Ghanassy was a good freebie, solid number 2.
    Aké has been ok and good for depth.
    Bernardo is solid enough but only started when Amorebiata was injured, will probably start this season though.
    Dele Alli is a wizard. Young player of the Championship.
    Ducatel was rubbish and has thankfully retired at the end of the season, played twice but had almost all of his wages tied up in appearance fees anyway.
    De Lanlay was my best pickup of the season, now worth 5/6 mil and put in some great performances. Should mean I can shift on Ruiz for this season.
    Roberto has been great, a little too similar to Alli though when I'm only using 1 attacking central player.
    Romizi is grand, cheap and young cover for DM.
    Stark is great, signed him in FM13&14 too and was delighted when he was offered, pricy though.
    Strandberg is a mixed bag, cost nothing and has a nice value now with solid stats but the chap is woeful. Average rating of less than 6.5 is tough to get in a team performing well. Definitely going to try and sell on asap.

Future Transfers:
    Forgot to mention Micah Richards has been snapped up from the end of the season and Stfyldis (spelling) who was on loan to Fulham for the year has signed on a permanent deal too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

So pretty happy after the last season, was a really close race and came right down to the last 3 games, was yoyoing between 1st & 4th for a good 4 months. In the end we finished 4th, 4 points behind Man Utd, after a loss at home to chelsea, win against watford and draw away with United. United won it for the first time in 6 years, City second and Chelsea 3rd. On the plus side won the Capitol One Cup and the FA Cup so I've solidified my legendary status at Barnet! Next season will be interesting, players will be more mature and more developed so hoping to be up there again. Looks like I've managed to convinced my better players to stay as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sirsok wrote: »
    Falcoe is my top scorer this year for united, 26 goals, any one pay the 46 mil for him at end of season ? How it turn out?

Typically never. I've used him once as my main striker and he did finish as my top goalscorer with 30 something in the league.

The one time I did sign him, he got a virus and was out for 8 months. (I have played multiple United saves)

I normally never keep him on past his loan, and ship Van Persie and Rooney out ASAP. Although Rooney can be hard to shift.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Wow at Depay. Never used him before but bought him at the start of my new game, along with Vela.

Running with the two on each wing, with Falcao up front, Mata in AMC and DiMaria and Verratti (who I got for 10m), and am just destroying teams. Just beat Chelsea 5-1, and am on a 10 match win streak.

I'm not this good :pac: Depay is so OP....

He is outrageous isn't he. Third season running he has scored 25+ league goals from the left wing. In the hunt for Balon Dor now and I'm sure he will get one eventually.

I've been playing Mata as an inside forward on the right, and he broke the 40 goal mark last night as I stomped Chelsea 9-2 on agg to go into the Champions League final for the first time in this save :O

• Advertisement

Stark is great, signed him in FM13&14 too and was delighted when he was offered, pricy though.

Future Transfers:
    Forgot to mention Micah Richards has been snapped up from the end of the season and Stfyldis (spelling) who was on loan to Fulham for the year has signed on a permanent deal too :)

Stark get's flagged for me a fair bit. He plays at RB yeah?

I sold Valencia and have Rafael playing as my RB but his price has sky rocketed and I keep being asked about rumours that he will leave in the summer. I might cash in on him and look to promote youth or bring in someone as my new right back. Stark comes up in reports frequently as does Clyne. Might check him out.

I got Richards start of this season I think on a free transfer. Signed clearly as backup, he gets plenty of games, and then of course gives out saying he is not playing enough.

As with any player in a winning squad, his value has gone up to 12m so might cash in on him this summer also.

My squad always needs to have decent cover for my fullbacks. I play them as mental wingbacks so they tend to get nackered. Recommendations for good backup options at RWB and LWB welcome :)

Currently using Luke Shaw at LWB and Rafael at RWB, but as I say, might cash in on Rafael.

Only a few games left in my current season, will post up some end of season screenshots. Some interesting stuff in there :)

Nope stark is cdm for me or would make a decent cm as a ball winner. Sam Byram might be alright for a project rb?

Nope stark is cdm for me or would make a decent cm as a ball winner. Sam Byram might be alright for a project rb?

Yeah he has come up a few times in scout reports. For some reason the only board intervention I've had ingame is the board letting me know that the fans might not be too happy singing Byram from Leeds.

What?

TheDoc wrote: »
    He is outrageous isn't he. Third season running he has scored 25+ league goals from the left wing. In the hunt for Balon Dor now and I'm sure he will get one eventually.

Won the Golden Boy for me in the first season at Xmas. So far, he's 20 goals and 13 assists in 26 games, with 9 POTMs to boot. All as an Inside Forward from the left wing. Just crazy. He's second top scorer in the league (Lukaku has 2 more), top assists, top average score.

He asked for a 50m release clause when I signed him, with me thinking "Sure, I'd take it"; made sure it was a priority to remove it halfway through the season. :P

Haha are we all playing depay off the left as an inside forward.

Di Maria came second in world player of the 2 years before depay came in and he now might win it himself. I voted fr the 2 of them.

He is insane

Well here is my "near" end of season report.

A domestic double ensured domination domestically. I'm forming a serious squad here, and am sitting now the day before my Champions League final against PSG.

Mata was no doubt my outstanding player this season. Depay was on fire as normal. Tielmanns stepped up this season into a top class AMC, with Neves developing into a world class midfielder. Odegaard came into the squad second half of the season and will unleash him next year. Lewandowski joined in the winter as I looked to get a top name up front. But here is what you really want...the pics

G8UNG94.jpg

XMK98Sc.jpg

MTNI7xx.jpg

0KHF92y.jpg

3cCFJjO.jpg

JcjiQzk.jpg

aSippca.jpg

byxBOwg.jpg

kxN6L5h.jpg

Lineup for the final

oUWk0jj.jpg

Emotion. A tense first half saw Mata go off injured and then Barbosa score shortly after. I was toying with replacing him as he got knocked and scored literally after I decided to keep him on.

tLblK5w.jpg

He went on to get proper injured and his replacement, also got an injury. PSG really battered my team physically. Some scary moment, but job done. First CL trophy in my third season

wzSPxwC.jpg

Nearing the end of first season.

"Ronaldo to consider his options...."

N53RaPp.gif
    XFeLwWU.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

TheDoc, who is the 20 Year Old Belgian? Fantastic Stats for just 20. Must have cost you a fortune for Zouma?

Some crazy stats, I just upgraded from FM 12 to FM15, just started my first season with Chelsea, Up and down so far. However I seem to be struggling to keep possession, with a 4-1-2-2-1 (Wide) formation, I managed to beat an average Swansea team 3-0 away but spent most of the game over run and got super lucky with 2 of the goals. Any advice?

Put in a bid for Ronaldo and unsettle him TSC, mine is just coming back from injury.

Falcon, change your match instructions to retain possession

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

Put in a bid for Ronaldo and unsettle him TSC, mine is just coming back from injury.

Falcon, change your match instructions to retain possession

First thing I tried.. Retain possession, with Short passing to encourage possession. Got over run from Swansea and Everton.

That said, I lost a few to injury very early in the season, Lost Terry/Cahill/Matic/Remy/Oscar with varying injuries from 4 weeks to 3 months, So I haven't had a full cast to mess with yet. At the moment, I've got Saul with Fabregas in the middle. And having solid Ramires and Mikel, I'm desperately short...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Junior D wrote: »

Not sure how to post up screenshots, if someone lets me know (hint, hint) I'll pop them up, makes for more interesting reading!

I use Lightshot. Works well if you play in windowed mode.

Falcon.ie wrote: »
    TheDoc, who is the 20 Year Old Belgian? Fantastic Stats for just 20. Must have cost you a fortune for Zouma?

Some crazy stats, I just upgraded from FM 12 to FM15, just started my first season with Chelsea, Up and down so far. However I seem to be struggling to keep possession, with a 4-1-2-2-1 (Wide) formation, I managed to beat an average Swansea team 3-0 away but spent most of the game over run and got super lucky with 2 of the goals. Any advice?

The Belgian is Youri Tielmanns, he is pretty amazing alright.

Zouma cost me €20m which was fine considering he was cover but he actually pushed Jones out of the team :D

End of first season at United.

73kQk0I.png

Fairly walked it.

sIXQU4z.png

Depay cleaned up in a serious manner. Just stunning. Falcao did well, but I don't think I'll be signing him once the loan is done. Especially given...

UPFNHEU.png

Yes, I entirely overpaid, and his contract is ****ing ridiculous. But I don't care one bit. The entire point of the save was to get him back at United, so to get it done at the end of season 1 is brilliant! So happy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

End of first season at United.

73kQk0I.png

Fairly walked it.

sIXQU4z.png

Depay cleaned up in a serious manner. Just stunning. Falcao did well, but I don't think I'll be signing him once the loan is done. Especially given...

UPFNHEU.png

Yes, I entirely overpaid, and his contract is ****ing ridiculous. But I don't care one bit. The entire point of the save was to get him back at United, so to get it done at the end of season 1 is brilliant! So happy....

How did you manage to get him and how did you have 100m to sign him at end of season one? Closest I ever came to signing him was when he was 38.

jayo26 wrote: »
    How did you manage to get him and how did you have 100m to sign him at end of season one? Closest I ever came to signing him was when he was 38.

Am using the latest update so that could be a factor; after winning the league and the FA Cup, the board gave me a budget of 38m and a wage budget of 1.4m!!!! (The 75m sponsorship deal might be part of that :P). I'm also offloading Rooney, RVP and Falcao to free up even more wages, and spread the cost out over 4 years; it cost me 45m upfront to get him after fees and such.

It's possible after the first season. I bought pogba for 70 million. Overpaid by a few million alright.

It's possible after the first season. I bought pogba for 70 million. Overpaid by a few million alright.

How's he doing? Am tempted to grab him too and see how he does at DMC as a replacement for Blind.

Am using the latest update so that could be a factor; after winning the league and the FA Cup, the board gave me a budget of 38m and a wage budget of 1.4m!!!! (The 75m sponsorship deal might be part of that :P). I'm also offloading Rooney, RVP and Falcao to free up even more wages, and spread the cost out over 4 years; it cost me 45m upfront to get him after fees and such.

That's cool don't think I was doubting you I was just wondering because i never managed it but hey now I want to do a new save lol.

Yeh getting rid of rvp and falcao is sensible I used Wilson for 3 seasons on loan with wolves he is well able to score in prem from second season on.

• Advertisement

He has been very good for me. I play him defensively. He rarely has a bad game.

ugh images arent loading properly.

This link should work http://imgur.com/tmDApUa,ODB3JIv,WDLj316#1

jayo26 wrote: »
    That's cool don't think I was doubting you I was just wondering because i never managed it but hey now I want to do a new save lol.

Yeh getting rid of rvp and falcao is sensible I used Wilson for 3 seasons on loan with wolves he is well able to score in prem from second season on.

I had forgotten about Wilson and Hernandez. Thought I'd need replacements for RVP, Rooney and Falcao, but Ronaldo, Wilson and Hernandez should be grand going forward.
    He has been very good for me. I play him defensively. He rarely has a bad game.

Awesome. Went for him. Him and Ronnie my only two transfers for the summer. Bring on CL football!

I had forgotten about Wilson and Hernandez. Thought I'd need replacements for RVP, Rooney and Falcao, but Ronaldo, Wilson and Hernandez should be grand going forward.

Awesome. Went for him. Him and Ronnie my only two transfers for the summer. Bring on CL football!

I played Wilson as a deep lying forward in the championship he scored 20 odd goals for me then in my first season in prem he got me 20 and my third he got me 26 I could never get united to agree to me signing him for under 65 mil but I got 3 good years out of him for nearly free was happy enough.

Pogba can be played in a few positions it seems, looks to be arugeably the best CM in the game. Best I've seen him has been as a roaming playmaker

Nice work on signing Ronaldo back. Definitely possible alright, and only for me getting Lewandowski I would have tried him meself.

Make sure to play him as a striker and enjoy your 40 goals a season :D

The 3 of us then playing Ronaldo up top with depay on the left. I'm gonna move pogba to roaming playmaker now.

Riveting

The 3 of us then playing Ronaldo up top with depay on the left. I'm gonna move pogba to roaming playmaker now.

Riveting

In my defense I don't have Ronaldo or Pogba :)

Then again I guess the problem with playing the elite club is that you find most people play it relatively the same. Most United saves I see from people they have acquired Pogba for CM, Depay on the left and Ronaldo/Lewandowski up front.

My squad doesn't need major work at the moment, new RB the only thing screaming at me. Plenty of cover and options around the squad, my young talent has come on spades and provide me massive depth.

I'll be offering Di Maria for sale this summer to gain top value. Don't see him breaking back into my squad this coming season.

Mata is 29, just had a 40 goal season. The romantic in me says keep him, the greedy side of me says sell him for top value, and persist with Januzaj. Then....while having a browse through my scout reports, I spotted Neymar.

At work so can't check the game, but can't remember if he can play Inside forward right, or if he is best placed on the left.

• Advertisement

I decided to play zaha and give him a fair chance. He has good speed and good dribbling and has been on loan for 3 years. Played 5 games as inside right and has even very good. Has 3 goals and 10 assists.

He did get 5 in an fa cup match against some non team. Offered him a contract and am going to keep him and resurrect his career.
    I tried the same with Anderson but to no avail.

I'm gonna keep di Maria for another season until I can get another young left sided player in who I take a shining to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I did a United save and sent Zaha out to Newcastle for a season. He came back and I ended up using him in the first team unintentionally and he tore it up and he stayed in the side until he was aging.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Zaha is unreal, he's also the most profit I ever made from a transfer

Q8pxSaL.png

Interesting, don't know if he's still hanging around my reserves, think I flogged him cause I got a €20m offer for him. That assist number looks impressive.

Although with Mata in his current vain of form, Januzaj's potential, and me now getting and itchy trigger finger of Neymar, would have no room for him.

Had to sell Dorian Rotariu btw, great lad who I got at a snip, and I was holding to unleash in a few years time. Got a big egotistical and demanded first team action, when I had a 40goal Mata running riot.

Ended up selling him to Sevilla for €16m which was a tidy profit on the 500k I bought him for.

Interesting, don't know if he's still hanging around my reserves, think I flogged him cause I got a €20m offer for him. That assist number looks impressive.

Although with Mata in his current vain of form, Januzaj's potential, and me now getting and itchy trigger finger of Neymar, would have no room for him.

Had to sell Dorian Rotariu btw, great lad who I got at a snip, and I was holding to unleash in a few years time. Got a big egotistical and demanded first team action, when I had a 40goal Mata running riot.

Ended up selling him to Sevilla for €16m which was a tidy profit on the 500k I bought him for.

I think I actually get more satisfaction from turning freebies/bargains into quick profit than I do from buying 90% of players that make my first team...

Fulham update: 3 games into the prem, won once at home and then lost 3-2 to Newcastle away (they only had 3 shots on target) and then lost 5-3 to city at home (having been 2-0 up). A nice baptism of fire so far. Really struggling to make the signings I want to, got Aspas to rotate with Woodrow up front, Jason Steele in goal for free and a couple of other cheapies/loans. Nearly pulled the trigger on Ramires but @ 28 his wages would have been crippling for a player past his peak...

Any recommendations for a BWM/B2B CM? In the 10mil range and hopefully no more than £50k p/w?

• Advertisement

Am in a similar boat; I want Januzaj and Mata as my backups, but they both are itching for moves in season 2 :( Though Mata has changed his tune now I'm tearing up the league and cups.

Ronaldo is 9 goals in 8 games. Depay is 8 goals in 8 games. Vela is 4 in 8, with 9 assists. Mata is great when he plays but great isn't good enough right now. :P

Jan won the world player of the year for me if that's any help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Looking to buy a laptop to play FM15 as my current one won't really play it :( any ideas on what to look for?

My 6 year old one can play it. I cleaned out the dust from the fan last month though. So not sure if that's the reason or i bought a really high spec one 6/7 years ago.

Ya it runs not particularly fast but I'm rarely ever giving it 100% concentration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

My 6 year old one can play it. I cleaned out the dust from the fan last month though. So not sure if that's the reason or i bought a really high spec one 6/7 years ago.

Ya it runs not particularly fast but I'm rarely ever giving it 100% concentration

I don't get it really as I can play FM14 on a medium setting on sideline view but seems to be that nothing will help me play FM15 in 3D... even on very low settings and my head is wrecked looking through all the different laptop specs :mad::(

Vahevala wrote: »
    Looking to buy a laptop to play FM15 as my current one won't really play it :( any ideas on what to look for?

It's processor intensive with ram coming second afaik, I like to have lots of info on screen at any one time so I'd be looking for 15"+ if I had to play it on a laptop again...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I tried signing Ronaldo (14m) and messi (40m) year 2020 with Liverpool. Both still at the top of their game, messi more so. Both wanted 500k + in wages, even tho I had 2m free in wages I could only offer them 350k a week. They both said no and I tried every additional incentive at Max. Still no good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Yakult wrote: »
    I tried signing Ronaldo (14m) and messi (40m) year 2020 with Liverpool. Both still at the top of their game, messi more so. Both wanted 500k + in wages, even tho I had 2m free in wages I could only offer them 350k a week. They both said no and I tried every additional incentive at Max. Still no good.

offer a yearly increase in the wages. that's how I got Messi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

One of my best players just broke his foot and is out for, possibly, the rest of the season................................................................................is it ok to cry now??

lol, Neymar wants 500k a week and Barca a 90m transfer fee

Too ****

• Advertisement
Advertisement