Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Manager 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Just beaten 8-1 by Arsenal.... Really losing patience with all these hammerings by the big teams. No matter what formation or team or instructions I put out, it just doesn't seem to make a difference. Every single ****ing shot just goes straight in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Actually in a weird spot with my squad. Normally I go into each window knowing where to strengthen. After the season just finished, the only thing I knew for sure was that I was selling Di Maria ( went to PSG for 50m), Micah Richards( Went to stoke for 5m) and Marcus Rojo (massive interest at 20m).

I got handed a massive transfer kitty, coupled with 100% retention from sales, I'm sitting at €180m.

I was maybe going to flog Rafael, but at 26yrs of age plenty of time left to go and his performing excellent. So keeping him and bumped an under21 as backup.

I'm concerned that Mata, while scoring 40+ goals is 29, and I may never get the chance to sell him at the price he is at now (circa €60m). Januzaj is so suspect to long spells out injured and Dorian Rotariu wanted to leave. Feel a little light on the right.

Had a poke into Neymar. Barca accepted €90m, and he wanted 500k a week. To **** was I shelling that out on a guy. Granted his stats in my save are unreal, and at 26 he could absolutely go onto explode in a formation like mine, but thats a big outlay.

Barbosa also a concern. Having got Lewandowski Barbosa is playing second fiddle, and at €50m (mistake agreement) its an expensive sub, even moreso when he is giving out about his gametime.

Anyone any experience of playing him out on the right?

Lucas Romero also troubling. Big injury last season meant Ruben Neves replaced him and really stepped up, developing into a world class player in 6 months. I swopped formation which means that I don't use a DM anymore, and thats what Romero was bought for. Might need to change him into a box to box midfielder, or may need to offload.

Just a weird situation, normally after a succesfull season I look to strengthen, but I seem to be just selling and narrowing down my numbers. Midfield area always been a bit of a "ugh" area for me trying to settle on players. Saved game last night just as Koke's agent got in touch to say the player will shortly be signing a new contact with Ath Madrid, but has always held interest in moving to United after a bid made last summer. If I was to lodge a formal bid and make public my desire to sign him, the player will refuse a new contract and look to force a move to me. ****ing hell, player I've wanted last two seasons, but feel it might be excessive now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

TheDoc wrote: »
    Lucas Romero also troubling. Big injury last season meant Ruben Neves replaced him and really stepped up, developing into a world class player in 6 months. I swopped formation which means that I don't use a DM anymore, and thats what Romero was bought for. Might need to change him into a box to box midfielder, or may need to offload.

I've Lucas Romero too.

Generally I play him as either a box to box or ball winning midfielder. I only use a DM when playing one of the big teams. He's been outstanding in all three roles.

I wouldn't advise selling him. He's excellent in all three roles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

You know you don't need to spend that 180 million ya?

What year are you in?

You know you don't need to spend that 180 million ya?

What year are you in?

haha, feels weird not improving the team though.

I'm going into my 4th season

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've been to one game this season (or really in the least few years); the 1-0 loss to Southampton.

So this felt so, so good...

FTrH6Oi.png
    d1Rpt2R.png

And that's with Depay having a poor and quiet game :pac:

Though was overshadowed by Liverpool beating Leiscter 10-0 the same day :(

EDIT: Also...

8tzk9b0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've been to one game this season (or really in the least few years); the 1-0 loss to Southampton.

So this felt so, so good...

FTrH6Oi.png
    d1Rpt2R.png

And that's with Depay having a poor and quiet game :pac:

Though was overshadowed by Liverpool beating Leiscter 10-0 the same day :(

EDIT: Also...

8tzk9b0.png

How are you guys keeping under the caps for the Financial Fair Play rules with all these signings? I know it's great to have all the best players playing in one team but I'd lose interest pretty quick with scores like the above.

Falcon.ie wrote: »
    How are you guys keeping under the caps for the Financial Fair Play rules with all these signings? I know it's great to have all the best players playing in one team but I'd lose interest pretty quick with scores like the above.

With FFP, season one, I made a loss of 5m, but that still let's me pass that period's rules. Second season, I'm being told I should make a profit of round 250m; dominating the league, back in the CL and going strong, and the sales of Rooney, RVP, Smalling, Herrera, Evans and Herrera, along with the 75m sponsorship deal means money isn't an issue.

As for the "best players" thing, I've always fully admitted that I suck at the game. When I do LL games, I tend to get promoted quick and then sink without a trace. For me, FM is about building up awesome team's I'd love to see play in real life. I tend to get bored with games once the more recognizable stars start to disappear. I'll happily take a 9-0 win over Southampton than getting sacked after three months with the Blyth Spartans...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

it just shows, everyone plays it differently.

I personally find very little satisfaction from nuilding a team with 100 million.
    I don't see the point, a child could do it.

I'll take my lower leagues any day. Starting unemployed is obviously the ultimate challenge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Doing great with Barnet in the league this year (2026/26), second but united are starting to drift away. Played a few matches last night, 1st round knockout game in Champs League, 1st leg away to Villarreal 2 Strikers injured and one of my AMC's all out with serious injuries for 3/4 months, still won 3-0. They battered my team physically! Down to 2 strikers for the rest of the season (I only play 1 up front which might help), 1 20yo with bags of potential and the other is from my under 18s and is 5 star youth rated.

If my current main striker gets injured I'm in really bad shape......got po'd and turned the game off!!! Be lucky / happy to finish second now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

in my 3rd season with QPR...escaped demotion last season
    having one of my main CB's was on international duty from xmas till the end of season with NZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's 2023 in Italy and I've finished 2nd behind juve. They are just phenomenal. I have beaten them in a few cups but they knocked me out of the CL in the quarter finals. I finished the season with three cups which isn't bad.
    It's impossible to get players that are 4 stars that don't cost an arm and a leg or aren't south American. I'm gonna have to see out one more season with this squad and keep the transfer budget for next season.

RossieMan wrote: »
    it just shows, everyone plays it differently.

I personally find very little satisfaction from nuilding a team with 100 million.
    I don't see the point, a child could do it.

I'll take my lower leagues any day. Starting unemployed is obviously the ultimate challenge.

See thats the little comment that irks me when it comes to "Playing as an elite club, vs playing in the lower leagues".

Potentially different after the latest patch, but most FM resources are littered with threads of people struggling with certain "easy mode" teams.

I'm probably going to finish one more season with United, try for the treble, and then move onto something fresh and new.

I tried a Wolfsburg save and it was a disaster. Tried a Dortmund save and coupled with injuries and players on holiday, couldn't even get through pre-season (believe latest patch sorts that, but plenty comment you still need to run editor to have players back from holiday for start of season)

My immediate urge is to take a team like Schalke/Wolfsburg and usurp Bayern, which seems a big enough challenge. They seem to walk Bundesliga year in year out.

Also interestingly form my perspective, I don't normally run 5-6 seasons or more with a team. When it gets to regen land I start to lose interest, as its not dealing with players of the day so I find it a bit odd. I suppose I should try stick a save out well into the future to see how I get on once I lose everything I'm familiar with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Also interestingly form my perspective, I don't normally run 5-6 seasons or more with a team. When it gets to regen land I start to lose interest, as its not dealing with players of the day so I find it a bit odd. I suppose I should try stick a save out well into the future to see how I get on once I lose everything I'm familiar with.

I'm the exact same. Never sign regens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm not sure if anyone else has the same experience, but every time I start a new game I end up cruising through every pre-season game, beating good sides by an absolute cricket score, everyone playing very well, and when the first game of the season starts, everyone plays badly and I lose.

Also, it doesn't matter whether it's December or May, the amount of players that seem to score their first goal of the season, or their first ever goal for their new club against me is crazy.

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone else has the same experience, but every time I start a new game I end up cruising through every pre-season game, beating good sides by an absolute cricket score, everyone playing very well, and when the first game of the season starts, everyone plays badly and I lose.

Also, it doesn't matter whether it's December or May, the amount of players that seem to score their first goal of the season, or their first ever goal for their new club against me is crazy.

Whats your training like pre-season vs season?

I try to only play like 3-4 friendlies pre-season, and have it at four weeks.

I set my pre-season to very high intensity working on tactics. Then in season I drop my training to pretty low intensity, working balance, and have my squid work average intensity on individual things.

Get's my squad into shape and sharp just before the season starts, and allows them plenty of energy in the tank for the long haul.

Whats your training like pre-season vs season?

I try to only play like 3-4 friendlies pre-season, and have it at four weeks.

I set my pre-season to very high intensity working on tactics. Then in season I drop my training to pretty low intensity, working balance, and have my squid work average intensity on individual things.

Get's my squad into shape and sharp just before the season starts, and allows them plenty of energy in the tank for the long haul.

That makes for great imagery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

What a season!!! Major injury crisis, 5 first team players out from early Feb until the last 3 weeks of the season, so lost all hope of achieving anything significant!

2nd in the Premier League, United ran away with it again!
    Runner - up in the FA Cup

But...................Won the freakin Champions League!!!! Beat Barca 4-1 in the semi final and beat AS Monaco 4-0 in the final. It was so unexpected I still don't believe it happened!!

Have to face Everton three times in a week; League, Semis of the Capital Cup and 4th Round of FA cup :confused:

****. Ronaldo, Depay, Vela and De Gea ALL picked up injuries before a quarter finals clash with Bayern in the CL. Bundled out as a result :(

On track to win the league easy enough though; 9 points ahead with 4 games to go. Ronaldo top scorer with 37 league goals, Giroud in second with 21 :pac:

I need to upgrade the defence; Blackett and Jones were my main duo for most of the season due to injuries, though Blackett is doing surprisingly well.

I should upgrade....but Messi is apparently interested...

• Advertisement

****. Ronaldo, Depay, Vela and De Gea ALL picked up injuries before a quarter finals clash with Bayern in the CL. Bundled out as a result :(

On track to win the league easy enough though; 9 points ahead with 4 games to go. Ronaldo top scorer with 37 league goals, Giroud in second with 21 :pac:

I need to upgrade the defence; Blackett and Jones were my main duo for most of the season due to injuries, though Blackett is doing surprisingly well.

I should upgrade....but Messi is apparently interested...

There is a player in your under 21 squad, possibly under 18's at the start. CM. His name escapes me but he has a double barelled name. Brian McClair telling me he is ready to be promoted to the first team, played him in some early cup ties and he was mighty impressive. Might be one of those players with a wide PA, so he can be good or garbage, but looks decent for me.

I'm off to another blistering start to the season, Depay and Mata picking up from where they left off, with Lewandowski of to a flyer after a full pre-season with the club.

There is a player in your under 21 squad, possibly under 18's at the start. CM. His name escapes me but he has a double barelled name. Brian McClair telling me he is ready to be promoted to the first team, played him in some early cup ties and he was mighty impressive. Might be one of those players with a wide PA, so he can be good or garbage, but looks decent for me.

I'm off to another blistering start to the season, Depay and Mata picking up from where they left off, with Lewandowski of to a flyer after a full pre-season with the club.

Fosu-Mensah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

After 9 seasons in Sweden with a little bit of success, 1 title each in the top 2 divisions and 1 cup win, I've started a new game in Russia with Dinamo Moscow.

Big difference to have players like Valbuena, Samba, Kuranyi and Dzudzsak in the squad but the 4 Russians in the 11 at all time rule looks like it'll be a bit of a challenge.

Started the season with 5 wins from 7 and I've made it through to the EL group stages but my fixture list so far has been very fortunate, think Kuban Krasnodar have been my toughest opponent to date

CSF wrote: »
    After 9 seasons in Sweden with a little bit of success, 1 title each in the top 2 divisions and 1 cup win, I've started a new game in Russia with Dinamo Moscow.

Big difference to have players like Valbuena, Samba, Kuranyi and Dzudzsak in the squad but the 4 Russians in the 11 at all time rule looks like it'll be a bit of a challenge.

Started the season with 5 wins from 7 and I've made it through to the EL group stages but my fixture list so far has been very fortunate, think Kuban Krasnodar have been my toughest opponent to date

I did one with CSKA before and that was such a challenge alright. The russians I had were over 30 so i didn't want to use them and Akinfeev was injured quite a lot. Brought in a russian loan signing and Shishkin who was great as he could play all over midfield and defence. I think I brought in a young english striker that did ok but can't remember who

Colemania wrote: »
    I did one with CSKA before and that was such a challenge alright. The russians I had were over 30 so i didn't want to use them and Akinfeev was injured quite a lot. Brought in a russian loan signing and Shishkin who was great as he could play all over midfield and defence. I think I brought in a young english striker that did ok but can't remember who
    I've a Russian keeper, RB, DMC and AMR, all of whom are in my first team on merit rather than out of having to play them there, which is nice. I signed Arshavin because he was cheap too to make sure I had a bit of cover for my 4 because I don't have a vast amount of others that I want to be starting games.

The plan is to adopt a transfer policy for a season or 2 to use the vast majority of my transfer funds to put together a solid base of Russians and maybe stick to 1 marquee signing a season/window. I've nothing in my youth system worth trying with so that isn't gonna be an immediate option.

I've a Russian keeper, RB, DMC and AMR, all of whom are in my first team on merit rather than out of having to play them there, which is nice. I signed Arshavin because he was cheap too to make sure I had a bit of cover for my 4 because I don't have a vast amount of others that I want to be starting games.

The plan is to adopt a transfer policy for a season or 2 to use the vast majority of my transfer funds to put together a solid base of Russians and maybe stick to 1 marquee signing a season/window. I've nothing in my youth system worth trying with so that isn't gonna be an immediate option.

Just looking at the Russia squad there and the only player not playing in Russia is Denis Cheryshev, on loan at Villareal from Real Madrid. You might be able to get him on loan next season or even buy him as I can't see him getting into the Madrid squad unless he develops unbelievably while on loan

Just looking at the Russia squad there and the only player not playing in Russia is Denis Cheryshev, on loan at Villareal from Real Madrid. You might be able to get him on loan next season or even buy him as I can't see him getting into the Madrid squad unless he develops unbelievably while on loan
    He is class in real life, so that would be a huge signing. AML right?

He is class in real life, so that would be a huge signing. AML right?

Ya I think he plays Attacking Midfield and can play up front too

Ya I think he plays Attacking Midfield and can play up front too

These are the sort of players I badly need to be stocking up on if I'm gonna do well. Having to have 4 first 11 players of lots of nations would be difficult if you want to reach elite levels, never mind f#cking Russia.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Fosu-Mensah?

That's the one!

• Advertisement

Timothy Fosu-Mensah?

He's a CB for me, and only is down as potential to be a "good" PL player. Will check him out though.

Messi's agent wanted 27m of a fee :eek: I've had to push the transfer back for the moment till I get some more cash.

Timothy Fosu-Mensah?

He's a CB for me, and only is down as potential to be a "good" PL player. Will check him out though.

Messi's agent wanted 27m of a fee :eek: I've had to push the transfer back for the moment till I get some more cash.

Half way through my first season with Chelsea, Cuadrado out for 3-4 Months after a fantastic start to the season, with Hazard out for the season (Same injury different time frames for healing for whatever reason...) Tried to pickup Depay... Had multiple offers upto 50million declined. After which I gave up and started throwing out crazy numbers just to see what it would take, eventually they agreed to 258 million (48 up front with another 210 million over 4 years with Depay staying on loan.. I've seen some crazy demands already for some players.. Kind of annoying..

cFynVX9.png

tumblr_ljd4ufMzqN1qixleeo1_400.gif

**** the FFP :P

Gonna try him behind Ronaldo, with Depay and Mata either side.

And you have di Maria and januzaj as subs.

Too OP for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I can never get Messi to sign ever, he simply doesn't want to play the PL

Did you pay 70 million upfront and the rest in instalments?

And you have di Maria and januzaj as subs.

Too OP for me.

DiMaria and Pogba are my first team CM pairing. Was probably going to offload Januzaj but with Messi signed, I will be changing tactics now so Januzaj can stay since he can play the three AMC positions.

Sold Vela and Veratti for 40m each, so still got 60m left. Need a CB. Not sure of Pique, Ramos or Barta.
    Did you pay 70 million upfront and the rest in instalments?

Yeah, over 4 years. Won't be playing that long anyway, since this is a short term game probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

11086562_10204174519629570_674097261_o.jpg?oh=8d518f3808a8b9cd4a93866d1872aa7c&oe=55122E31&__gda__=1427326277_82603645065999473812816847b5196f

In my 3rd season as man utd boss

Lost the 1st leg in Germany 3 - 2 thanks to a 90 min winner from Bayern Munich so i was hoping that i will get the one goal needed and ended up winning 7 - 4 was crazy playing the match the housemate was thinking i was losing it giving out and jumping up and down when i scored. Now on to the champions league final and have a easy game with Tottenham in the final last time i played them in the league i won 7 - 2.

Depay has been something else for me this season playing as a inside forward on the left has 29 goals this season for me

Then Barbosa who was injured for this match has 41 goals this season.

Lacazette has got 32 himself.

Bony who i brought in on the cheap there in the last transfer window for 10 mil has been worth every single penny i paid for him has 8 goals in 16 matches now and he is playing as my 3rd pick forward.

I play with a 4 - 2 - 2 - 2 with 2 out and out wingers playing with 2 proper forwards one deep lying and the other playing as a Poacher has worked perfect for me in the last 3 football managers and i get a crazy amount of goals but i do let in a far few thanks to playing extremely attacking football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Ended my season after and won the champions league 4 - 3 my crazy goals come into play again won the game in extra time as well. Made it 3 all in the 90th min to bring it to extra time.

Got offered £72 mil for Lacazette off PSG and the crazy thing is i am going to sell him for that and going to go for a young player to replace him as i don't think i could say no to a £57 mil profit in less then 2 years ?. Have singed Neymar for £80 mil to replace him not to bad

Have Bony, Dybala and Kenedy who can play up front

Sold my flops as well in Stephan El Shaarawy who i lost £9 mil on as he just did not fit into my team.

Then Nathaniel Clyne who was shocking and made some load of mistakes that leaded to goals i think 8 for the season i made £4 mil profit on him so wasint to bad. Have replaced him with Eric Dier who cost me i think £12 mil

• Advertisement

I refute the accusation my team is now OP...

...uh....

bHs7X1K.png
    49BmegX.png

Was a race for the hatrick :P Cavani won, Ronaldo second, Messi third.

Christ.

Throw up your formation there and we can wipe the sweat from your brow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'd be annoyed at conceding 4 at home tbh :P

Christ.

Throw up your formation there and we can wipe the sweat from your brow.

Yeah mad interested to see

Having Messi, Depay, Ronaldo AND Cavani in the same side is MENTAL, never mind Pogba also.

I'm still sweating buckets over Neymar, really want him, worried about giving into his 500k a week demands. Throw my tight wage control out the window.

I refute the accusation my team is now OP...

...uh....

bHs7X1K.png
    49BmegX.png

Was a race for the hatrick :P Cavani won, Ronaldo second, Messi third.

I'd love to know your team total value. Easily over half a billion I'm guessing??

In fairness, that 13-4 was the exception rather than the norm. Was mentioned above about being annoyed with letting in 4 at home, but it's the biggest problem; defensively, my team sucks. I'll litter this with some pictures.

The team for the Sunderland game was...
    stnOefn.png

Zero balance defensively. Worked against smaller teams, but this was the results using that formation.
    fQP81zP.png

Losses to Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal. Not good. Conceding too many vs big teams.

Depay went and injuried himself for two months, which helps in a way since now I don't have to accommodate 4 players up front. So now I'm using...
    imxH7F6.png

Not having massive defensive improvements so far, and not faced a "big" team yet...
    ls15xO9.png

Hopefully, it's just a case of new players finding their feet. League looks like this 8 games in...
    GcZqoOd.png

Impact of the losses to Pool and Arsenal are obvious, and need to kick on big time now. Can't be spending what I'm spending and not hitting first quickly.

Messi isn't scoring loads but is assisting loads, so I'll live with that. he seems quite content setting up Ronaldo for the top scorer award. :pac:
    hzS87SX.png

Also, value of first team currently is 385m. That's not including Depay (38m), Jones (24m), januzaj (15m), Rafael (15m) and Shaw (18m) who are either on the bench or out hurt :)

EDIT: Knew I was forgetting something; De Gea missed the three lost games too, and Horn had to play instead, so that contributed to the goals.

• Advertisement

i love the fact that Hull have 0 goal difference but are still a point ahead. Their games must be terribly boring!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    i love the fact that Hull have 0 goal difference but are still a point ahead. Their games must be terribly boring!

A 5-0 loss to Arsenal balances out a few 1-0 draws.

A 5-0 loss to Arsenal balances out a few 1-0 draws.

How have Digne and Balanta been working out a few seasons in? I picked up Digne from PSG before the start of my first season for 5.5million and Balanta for 11million. Interested to see if they improve season over season, especially since I've got Terry with 4 months left on his contract who's looking for 165k a week for a 2 year contract and won't budge an inch in negotiations..

Falcon.ie wrote: »
    How have Digne and Balanta been working out a few seasons in? I picked up Digne from PSG before the start of my first season for 5.5million and Balanta for 11million. Interested to see if they improve season over season, especially since I've got Terry with 4 months left on his contract who's looking for 165k a week for a 2 year contract and won't budge an inch in negotiations..

Feel Balanta is developing at a slower rate than in my older games. He's juggling first team with Jones and Barta. Digne threw a fit at the end of Season 2 and has demanded a transfer. Got 22m for him. He's been good but Shaw has been better. Digne is listed as "Good", but not much room for improvement. :/

It's your midfield in the first one. Play messi as second striker even.

You could put pogba as dlp defending, I never put them as just a cm. tielmans could be AP with support.

• Advertisement
Advertisement