Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Manager 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Got to the Champions League Final, suited up for United V Madrid at the San Siro....made a cup from a dominoes pizza box...ive been off work due to an injury in the semi final of the kilkenny District League 3rd division Cup and had wayyyyy to much time on my hands hence the video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

You'd think you would button your top button.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Quality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Sirsok wrote: »
    Got to the Champions League Final, suited up for United V Madrid at the San Siro....made a cup from a dominoes pizza box...ive been off work due to an injury in the semi final of the kilkenny District League 3rd division Cup and had wayyyyy to much time on my hands hence the video

Best thing in this thread by a mile! :D

Finished 4th with Fulham in my 2nd season and happy enough with my squad, thinking I just need to add a couple of players... Knoche (best CB, plays every game), Dele Alli (player of the year - team), Roberto (2nd best CM after Alli) have all come to talk to me about moving to bigger teams -_-

Sold Roberto for 12m and brought in Nainggolan as his replacement for ~4m and don't mind selling Knoche (stacked at CB) but if I lose Alli I'll be gutted, going to try and hold out for 30/40m and hope he doesn't get pissy at me for it :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

How do you compile a loan report on a parent club?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Enjoying a save with Luton at the minute. Into December in my first season and i'm second. Lack of coaches allowed really annoys me though. Players are complaining about not getting enough attention and i'm only allowed 4 coaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Vahevala wrote: »
    How do you compile a loan report on a parent club?

571096390b7e89297b658c91b25061ed.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Reached my 3rd season in my cash rich Fulham game. Won the premier league & champions cup, so am now setting myself the challenge of selling all my best players and relying on youth. Boards expectations are sky high now - this might be the way to keep the cash rich games interesting.

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    Reached my 3rd season in my cash rich Fulham game. Won the premier league & champions cup, so am now setting myself the challenge of selling all my best players and relying on youth. Boards expectations are sky high now - this might be the way to keep the cash rich games interesting.

Cash rich Fulham? My Fulham board kept seriously tight purse strings!!

hots wrote: »
    Cash rich Fulham? My Fulham board kept seriously tight purse strings!!

It's my heavily edited game that I play on rainy days to cheer myself up. On sunny days I play with leyton orient.

Pter wrote: »
    It's my heavily edited game that I play on rainy days to cheer myself up. On sunny days I play with leyton orient.

Ah I see, I'm currently trying to coax the board into expanding the stadium, Khan laughs me out of the room each time :(

I got them to build a new one - and they build it with 5k extra seats......costing 100s of millions.

I'm gonna stay with the club another couple of years and then swan off to Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Terrible timing. Hopefully he's offering a wage drop for being rubbish or he's going to need a better agent. "I know my client was **** today and at fault for 4 goals but I demand a new contract"
    FGAHsX0.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Terrible timing. Hopefully he's offering a wage drop for being rubbish or he's going to need a better agent. "I know my client was **** today and at fault for 4 goals but I demand a new contract"

That happened for me with Rojo at united. He came on as a sub, conceded a penalty and got a straight red all in the space of five minutes.

His agent obviously thought it was his best performance of the season and demanded that he get an improved contact!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Bahhhhhh Di Maria broke his leg on international duty and will be out for 6 months!!

He has only come back from a cruciate ligament that kept him out for 4-5 months. Sometimes I have no luck with injuries!

James Wilson on the other hand is banging in the goals and has 35 so far and its only March in the 2016/17 season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Loving my Wigan save at the minute. Have spent 8 seasons there.

Won the Championship on goal difference, even after conceding something like 70 goals!

Got promoted & settled in the Premier League.
    Beat Liverpool in the FA Cup Final (I'm a Liverpool fan too!)
    Challenging for Europa League spot - got it.
    3/4 seasons trying to get into top 4, but to no avail. Lost the Europa League Final to United
    Broke FFP rules and banned from Europe for a season.
    Sold a player for €50m. Was only allowed €10m to re-invest
    Broke into top 4 and won the FA Cup again (again beating Liverpool!)
    Currently top of the league with around 10 games gone.

It's quiet hard to attract players to Wigan, obviously, still have a small stadium and very small budget. For the most while I had to sell to buy. The one season I didn't, I splashed out on my star striker and couldn't have picked any better. 30+ goals all comps every season, playing up front alone. I've mainly been buying young and selling for profit. Buy for around the €12m mark if I can, usually lower. An awful lot of players between 17-19 purchased, stay with me for a few years & sold on. Or buy players that big clubs are trying to flog and hope they don't want huge wages. Trying to hang on to players is tough too as every window a few of my players get targeted and have to keep offering new deals. My wages are near crippling the club and I have to keep adjusting the transfer budget just to give myself the money to pay my players! The club refuses a stadium expansion at the same time. I'm top 4 now and still can't get any more fans in the gate :(

Being a Liverpool fan, of course I raided them for prospects. Off the top of my head Flanagan, Coates, Ilori, Sissoko, Torres, Keane, Sterling, Suso, Arbeloa all have played for me! Gerrard is my assistant.

FitzShane wrote: »
    Loving my Wigan save at the minute. Have spent 8 seasons there.

Won the Championship on goal difference, even after conceding something like 70 goals!

Got promoted & settled in the Premier League.
    Beat Liverpool in the FA Cup Final (I'm a Liverpool fan too!)
    Challenging for Europa League spot - got it.
    3/4 seasons trying to get into top 4, but to no avail. Lost the Europa League Final to United
    Broke FFP rules and banned from Europe for a season.
    Sold a player for €50m. Was only allowed €10m to re-invest
    Broke into top 4 and won the FA Cup again (again beating Liverpool!)
    Currently top of the league with around 10 games gone.

It's quiet hard to attract players to Wigan, obviously, still have a small stadium and very small budget. For the most while I had to sell to buy. The one season I didn't, I splashed out on my star striker and couldn't have picked any better. 30+ goals all comps every season, playing up front alone. I've mainly been buying young and selling for profit. Buy for around the €12m mark if I can, usually lower. An awful lot of players between 17-19 purchased, stay with me for a few years & sold on. Or buy players that big clubs are trying to flog and hope they don't want huge wages. Trying to hang on to players is tough too as every window a few of my players get targeted and have to keep offering new deals. My wages are near crippling the club and I have to keep adjusting the transfer budget just to give myself the money to pay my players! The club refuses a stadium expansion at the same time. I'm top 4 now and still can't get any more fans in the gate :(

Being a Liverpool fan, of course I raided them for prospects. Off the top of my head Flanagan, Coates, Ilori, Sissoko, Torres, Keane, Sterling, Suso, Arbeloa all have played for me! Gerrard is my assistant.

Never actually seen someone break FFP before. I try to keep a tight ship wages-wise but I've promised out so many "match highest earner" clauses that I actually just have to now :/

Never actually seen someone break FFP before. I try to keep a tight ship wages-wise but I've promised out so many "match highest earner" clauses that I actually just have to now :/

It was just a small amount too, well small enough like. It was only around €1m over the allowed loss. If I had known I was going to be over, i would have tried to sell somebody to cover it, but just assumed I would be ok. I guess it was a blessing in disguise as I had my best league campaign when I had no European football!

FitzShane wrote: »
    It was just a small amount too, well small enough like. It was only around €1m over the allowed loss. If I had known I was going to be over, i would have tried to sell somebody to cover it, but just assumed I would be ok. I guess it was a blessing in disguise as I had my best league campaign when I had no European football!

Ah the Europa effect! After I got all excited about nicking 4th place in mine to get CL football (and all the £££) I went and drew Inter in the qualifiers and got knocked out :( Down to the dreaded Europa I went and ended up walking the group stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Guffy

Left shelbourne after 4.5 years. It was a mixed bag tbh. Got to europe three times, once to second qual round, once to 3rd and finally to first round. Just missed out on group stages. 2 FAI cups 1 runner up, 2 Setanta cups and 2 league runner up spots. I could never break the league though and a poor run in my last season (after signing my first 2 year contract ) led me to resign.

Got a couple of interviews and ended up with Bolton in the championship. I miss Shelbourne :-( . Can't sign anyone cause I'm about 40k over the wage limit and the team is sh1te. Like really bad!!

Started well. Unbeaten in five then turned it off. On resuming i lost five in a row :-( lesson... sometimes your better off taking the lower tier job.

Jaysus we nearly blew it.

e9aaba28d6544766a161de5738e90f7c.png

5ab1f6c1eaf81f8ce0574ca8bf32d24b.png

Jaysus we nearly blew it.

e9aaba28d6544766a161de5738e90f7c.png

5ab1f6c1eaf81f8ce0574ca8bf32d24b.png

How'd ya find atsu? had him for half a year and flipped him for Fulham.

How'd ya find atsu? had him for half a year and flipped him for Fulham.

Brilliant so far. Bought him for 3m in the summer now worth 7m.

So close.

f85ee4eccedd49707cfd17b7447bc038.png

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

madness of the fa cup, Won 20-19 in peno shoot out 😀
    Only 2 peno's on each side missed (all in sudden death) until last peno which they missed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Does anyone have any tips or guides for a LLM run starting at the lowest levels in England?

I tend to do well in my first season, but then bomb badly, always struggling to get in good loan players and rising youths :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Does anyone have any tips or guides for a LLM run starting at the lowest levels in England?

I tend to do well in my first season, but then bomb badly, always struggling to get in good loan players and rising youths :(

I haven't done it in a while, but I recall what worked for me in the second season was looking for older players who were released a couple of leagues above you.

Obviously you don't want to build a squad out of them because they become injury prone, but you can get a spine of players in their mid 30s who are of much higher quality than the rest of your league. Then fill it out a bit with a couple of U21 loans, also from higher leagues.

It means you have to be quite busy in the transfer market each summer, but it got the job done for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

It means you have to be quite busy in the transfer market each summer, but it got the job done for me.

That's the key. Your first promotion might present a bigger challenge, but subsequent ones become very difficult if you aren't shrewd in the transfer market. If you can get a season out of some old reliables and get rid of them at the right time, it can be a big help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

For the 2 Vanarama North/South Leagues control your finances,

I start with sorting/finding 1st team staff, offer long contracts for low wage when you can, replace with better staff when contracts expire, keep hold of the good staff if you can or can't find a better replacement)

Dead Wood
    you will have a lot, yet it figure out the best way to get rid of 60% of the squad without upsetting the whole squad and risk the sack. some will go, some can be loaned out, but the really bad ones on good wage are the problem, they wont leave and will run down their contract.

when offering contracts,
    they will not agree to anything more that 2 years(generally),
    offer 1/2 the wages(as a starting point) they are looking for, add a 50% sell on clause (this help them to agreeing to the lower wage and you rarely sell players at this level for money, usually release them),
    if they are really good players that can perform in the league above you make sure to add a 1-year extension clause after 5 or 10 games because the good players will look for anywhere between 33%-75% increase in wages,
    add 25% drop in wage if regulation and 25% increase for promotion.

Loan players, 4 long term contracts
    (I usually look to loan in, at the Full backs and winger positions for loans, that allows for transfers/contracts for players up the middle of the park, but i also try and sign 1 back up Full back + winger for each position on a one year contract)
    Loan until the end of the season,
    remove the clause allowing them to be recalled

Short term loans, 3 months, I usually sign 1, to fill a hole in the squad, usually in the back up gk position at the start or main gk position if there is an ok gk in the youth intake,
    remove the clause allowing them to be recalled
    after 2ish months you will get a message saying the loan will expire soon, go and propose a loan extention for another 3 months, until april or may if you are in the play-offs

Preseason/Friendlys
    7 week Preseason,
    Set match focus to tactical and 50% intensity until formation knowage is 100% then drop it back and change force to what ever you like to train.
    Arrange profitable home friendly's if possible or play your u18 side every Wednesday and Saturday up to 1 week before the league starts, (target your parent club/s for friendly's including their u18 & reserves teams)
    This will help finance, Tactical knowledge of your systems/formations, and match fitness.
    If you have a two week gap in the season for any reason arrange another friendly, and at the end of the season you can cram in a few if you are not involved in the playoffs.

Parent Club
    Every 1st of January look the board to make a link to allow you to sign loan player free
    Every 1st July look for the board to make a link that will help the clubs finances
    when the board bitches about these tell them it will help the club grow
    When selection a new club from the boards list of parent club make sure the money you will get is greater that the one you are replacing.
    And make sure to arrange friendly's with your old parent clubs before appointing new ones.

Youth intake
    At this level if a new candidate cannot fill a spot in the 1st 11 or as a 1st back up (replacing a player who's contract is up at the end of the year, then i terminate their trail immediately)
    For the 1 or 2/3 player you may what to sign,
    Change their contrast type from youth to full time,
    Extent the duration for as long as possible, you may get an extra year with some.
    Add the 1 year extention after 5/10 games in their final year
    I for some reason sign the best new Gk every year for some reason(they will sit happily on the bench for low wages and no game time at 18)
    And move them to the reserves, as you will have no/ very poor youth staff/training facilities

Your focus is to get to the Footbal League as fast as possible without sending the club into administration, with a bit of luck you should be able to focus on signing starting players(with experience) only and have 2/3/4 seasons worth of youth intakes as back up and on low wages.

When you get to the league start developing your Youth training then

My 2cents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Currently doing a Silverware of World Save

Started off, with no coaching badges and as a Sunday League Footballer, all Attributes set at 1 except for Tactical Coaching 3, Determination 7, Level of Disciple 7 & Motivation 8.

The Idea behind the save is to win as many different Cups and Leagues I can with a single Club within a Country, starting in the country with the lowest reputation Top League and working up.

So I loaded up both Malaysia leagues (Super & Premier) and applied for the vacant Sabah position in the lower division. on the 25/11/13 I was appointed their manager and set about the task I was set by the board to win the Premier League. 1st off the club have a good squad but no descent defender and 81 players on their books, which i had to live with in the 1st season because the most of the players did not want to go and the few i forced out, really upset the 1st team squad. I was quickly becoming the villain in charge of the club. And to top it off I fail to win the league as the board asked and what made things worst I fail to qualify out off the League by finishing 3rd.

As a result my board would not renew my contract and it moved onto a rolling contract for the start of the 2015 season. Thankfully I was able to release most of the squad during the off season and strengthened the deference. So at the start of the season i had a really small squad of players, but i could use at least 80% of them and tactical formation knowledge at 100% at the start of the 2015 season we were off to a flyer and 2 months in the board finally renew my contract. Not long after this our star player El-Hadji Diouf starts complaining about the depth of the squad, I fob him off saying i want to give youth a chance, it does not go down well. and he falls out with me and this upset the whole squad. Feck Sake. Luckily we were winning and the squad soon forgot about this and we went on to win the Premier League and gain promotion to the Super League. But Diouf still hates me which was a real problem to renew his contract, took 3 or 4 goes with the fecker and he would only agree to an extra year, but was sure it add a contract extension after a few games in their final season.

On to the 2016 season and the Super League and to be fair the squad i had for the 2014 season should have been able to finish in the top 4 of the Super League even tho I fail to win promotion with them. Any thanks to 2 transfer window of strengthening and getting rid of the dead wood we were able to win the Super League, FA Cup and Malaysia Cup. As for Diouf he failed to play the required game to trigger the extension clause because he was out injured for about 8 months and he still hates me but after a few goes he agrees to stay for an extra 2 year + an extension clause of only 5 games this time.

I feel all is won here in Malaysia and Add the League from Singapore.

2017 Season still with Sabah, while waiting for a club to become vacant in Singapore. We win the Charity Shield and the FA Cup again, and we get Knocked out of the Champions League at the East 2nd Qualifying Round Stage and get put into the Asian Confederation Cup where we qualified out our group but lost in the 2nd round. The problem with this continental football is the the bookings kept saying we were raging favorites to win each match but this is very wrong and i have no idea of the quality of club I was playing. Even lost 2 games were we 1/14 and 1/20 with my 1st 11 all playing. So By the end of August we are Leading the League and I apply for the vacant Tampines post in Singapore, and got the jod, but asked to delay until the end of the season as I wanted to add another Super League title to the CV. But at the end of September Tampines came back looking for an answer and would not accept another delay. An so ended my career with Sahab, winning 2 different Leagues and 3 different cups and Diouf still hates me.

Off to Singapore new team Tampines, still a few games left in the season because it league splits after 22 games where the top six play each other 1 more time, as those the bottom 6. I use the time training the new Tactics and we go from 5th to 2nd main thank to results going our way. Again I have a decent squad but my star striker wont renew and he leaves the club at the end of the season.

2018 Season So lost my lead striker but having assessed the second string striker see he is still really good for this league but his back up is really poor, so when he cant play one of my wingers had to play up their as their back ups are reasonable. The League was a really close run thing and Sitting in 2nd place on GD came the Top of the Table Clash away to Home Utd. I was really gear up for this title decider and was fuming to coincide a late equalizer, The GD was 4 heading into the last game of the season and unbelievable Home Utd lost their last game and we go on to win our last and seal up the Singaporean League which was gifted to us in the end. Also During the Season we won the Singapore Cup but lost to Penelties in the Qtr-Final of the League Cup, thankfully the board did not deem this cup important.

So I am missing 1 cup from Singapore I add Hong Kong's League to the save.

2019 Season Add a really good young Brazilian striker to the squad and an Local MC, as my midfielders are starting to push on in years now at 33 and 34 so need cover for when they go. So on with the Season and my 2nd go at the Champions League, we so nearly qualified to the group stages losing out to a ridiculously long shoot-out, And again get put into the Confederation Cup where we finish bottom of the group on 5 points even thou we were at least 1/10 for every match. Board were not happy about this. On the the Singapore Cup Preliminary Round (every next game after finishing our Continental run) which we were holders of and we fail to qualify loosing in another shoot-out. With the board already piss I had to quickly check how importance they what it this years as in 2017 they expected me to win it, thankfully not important. Out of the main Cup & Asia allow me to focus on the Singaporean League and we started to open up a 7 point lead in the League by the time the League Cup came around, now I decide to go for this as it was the last bit of silverware I was missing in Singapore, which we Win but need Extra-time a once on our way. At this stage I have walked the League winning it by 15 points. And have decided to run down my contract and wait for a club in Hong Kong to become vacant. There was one post in HK free but by the time i applied for it the position was filled. So i have 1 month left in Singapore and my tally with Tampines will finish with 2 Singaporean Leagues, 1 Singapore Cup and 1 Singaporean League Cup.
    (Unbelievable the Tampines Board are please to announce they are going to build a new 4,970 stadium, costing £4.9m, our current stadium holds 4,000 and this season was our biggest average attendance with 2,435. Settles it I am gone, can do without a 5M debt at this level and at a club valued at 375k for an extra 970 seats)

Summary of Career to Season 2019:
    Malaysian Premier Leagues: 1
    Malaysian Cup: 1
    Malaysian FA CUP: 2
    Malaysian Super Leagues: 1 (1/2)<was well ahead when i left the club
    Singaporean Leagues: 2
    Singapore Cup: 1
    Singaporean League Cup: 1

Silverware: Total 9 / Unique 7

To Continue the Silverware Hunt

So in December 2019 I retired from Tampines to seek glory in Hong Kong

Season 2019/20
    In January 2020 a management position opened up at Sun Pegasus, so i applied for the post, only to find a message in my inbox from the chairman laughing off my application. well screw you too. Anyway over February, March and April there were no job opening what so every, then bang, my good friend the Chairman of Sun Pegasus offers me an interview for the manages post. I was really temped to say no but I wanted to get started and Sun Pegasus looked like a good club, so I said yes and got the start on the 18/4/20. Now the club were in 8th place with 3 games to go and 9th and 10th to be regulated. Finished out the season with 2 draws and 1 loss, and in 8th place.

Season 2020/21
    During the Summer I sorted out my staff and brought in 5 player to improve the defense and left side of the park, arranged plenty of friendlies and started training for the new tactics hard. By the time the new season starts we are getting to grips with the new formations but it will take at least another 3 months to get to 100% by my best guess. We start off the season with a few draws which is OK, as I am happy that the defense has been sorted out and 6 games in we have lost 1 and drawn 5, which i am happy about because I know that wins will come when the tactical familiarity is 100%, but the board think otherwise and on the 27/10/20 I experience my 1st sacking of this save (at least I got them to pay for my Continental A Coaching Licence).

So the manager of Ranger(HKG) takes over my old position and I apply for his and get it which is sweet as they are currently 2nd in the League.

I had a job sorting out my staff because everyone i wanted that would come to this club I signed for Sun Pegasus, so I had to settle for 2nd best. But I do bring in 3 really really good foreigners but turn out to be 2 really good player and 1 OK fellow.

Ranger(HKG), thankfully, were semi familiar with my main formation, so to training the 3 tactics during the season was painless enough but i had to stick to the main formation.

This season I managed to win the Hong Kong Senior Challenge Shield, easy when the side where already in the 1/4 finals. Got knocked out of the Hong Kong FA Cup in the 1st round by Kitchee and finished runner up in the Hong Kong Premier League by 1 point to South China.

With the season finished I arrange a load of friendlies to boost the coppers, then up pops an end of season tournament for the Asian Continental Qualification, which I was not prepared for as I was not expecting it and as a result we finish runners up missing out on penalties to Citizen.

Season 2021/22
    During the summer I cleaned up the squad a little bit, mainly backup players to cover for the 1st team.

Tactical familiarity at 100% at the start of the season is real boost to early results and we get off to a real good start but the surprise of the season was Southern District, predicted to finish 8th were unbeaten for the longest time and sitting top of the league with us trying to close down that 2-4 point gap.

At January my parent club in Japan offer me the chance to loan this gem of a WL/SC which I took up but negotiate the duration until the end of the 22/23 season.

We win the Hong Kong Senior Challenge Shield again but again get knocked out of the Hong Kong FA Cup by Kitchee in the 1st round, again.

I manage to poach 2 strikers who will be joining the club in the summer, one 34 and the other 20, they will replace my current ones. With this bit of business done I sold my back up striker to Kitchee but got he loaned back until the end of the season.

As the Season went on I could never close the gap to Southern District to anything less that 2 points. but with 4 games to go I had a game in hand and had a top of the table clash with them with 3 games to go. I was really annoyed to lose the game in hand to a team battling for survival, but all was not lost a win against Southern would put me ahead of the by one point with 2 games left.

So down to the match of the season for me, we controlled everything and took the lead early in the second half and they never looked like touching our goal, game/league was mine, all mine...... until they score with their one and only shot on target in the dying minutes of the game.

Rage, I had thrown my chance at the league away over the last 2 games, Claim down I say you will be here again next year anyway to try for that FA Cup that is missing.

Anyway, were still 2 point behind, we go on to win our last 2 games and as I am clicking continue to progress the game my Inbox get full of end of season messages. Because games in Hong Kong are not played at the same time We had played 1st and got 1 point ahead of Southern when they lost their final game of the season handing us the title, but because of the run in it feels like we had not won the league, but Ill take it.

With the Asian Continental Qualification tournament approaching this time I was ready for it and we took our revenge on Citizen beating them 4-1 in the final.

So with just 1 cup missing from Hong Kong I check out the World League Ranking and see the the next League(s) I will be adding the is the Welsh League. But I still have unfinished business here in Hong Kong.

Season 2022/23
    The only 2 players I signed during the summer was the 2 strikers I agreed to sign back in January. I still have the Loan player from Japan and I WR I sent out on loan last season is good enough for back up so I let the higher paid one go.

Earlier at the start of the summer/end of last season the board also announced the building of a new 3030 seater stadium at a cost of 2.5M and have taken out a loan of 1.6M, rocky times ahead for the finances. My sole goal this season will be the Hong Kong FA Cup to complete the Hong Kong Silverware Collection and get out.

We start the season strong and are well in control of the League by December. Sadly the old striker who is knocking them in for fun has decided to retire at the end of the season. So that is some thing I need to look at in January and hope to poach a few good player on expiring contracts.

So in the lead up to the 1st round of the Hong Kong FA Cup we draw Kitchee again for the 3rd year running, This time I am determined to get passed them and take a look at the schedule to plan out how to manage the squad to get the best players on the pitch. Turns out Ill be playing them 4 times in a row, the Semi of the Shield, League and Home and Away in the FA Cup.

The FA Cup is my Goal so a Full strength 11 made it pass them over the 2 legs, but as a result of rotation they knocked us out of the Shield, and in the League game we were winning 1-0 when we gave away a penalty injury time, thankfully the GK save it but as the ball was leaving the area my FBR took the man out from behind, when there was no danger and give away another penalty which they scored. Yep 2 penalties in 1 minute. FM15

Transfers I target 3 players with expiring contracts, and all of the agree to come to the club. But before every thing is agreed the best of the 3 deal falls through when his club triggers an extension clause. but I still have 2 quality players coming in at the summer. A french club came in for the OK foreign player I signed a few years ago, who was not a 1st 11 player due to league rules on foreign players, so I was happy to let him go and will get a cut of future profit. With him gone and the Loan Player from Japan in I can play all my foreign players now in the team.

Moving into February I get a chance again at a Continental Campaign and just fell short of qualifying for the Asian Champions League with an unlucky loss in the 3rd round after a lot of injuries in the 3rd round game. As a result we get put into the Asian Confederation Cup and with games coming thick and fast I fail to qualify out of the group. In fact we fail to get a single point and finished on 0 points. A black spot on the season.

The League we are cruising along so far undefeated, make it passed Eastern in the 1/4 final of the FA Cup and passed Southern District easily in the 1/2 final. And Manage to rap up the League undefeated winning 14 and Drawing 4, setting all sorts of records. But I have to say in the lead up to the FA Cup Final I was a Little Worried. Really want to leave the club the finances are ok at the moment but with that 1.6M loan the board could make big cuts to the wages at any time. But I had nothing to Worry about beating Citizen in the final 2-1 and Completing the Hong Kong Silverware Hunt. No Asian Continental Qualification Tournament this season for some reason.

So I have Subscribed to the Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League to keep an eye out for a job opening. Note there has been 2 sackings but they were for the 2 teams dropping out of the league this season. (edit: Just got a Job with The New Saints(TNS))

Summary of Career to Season 2022/23:
    (Edit: something was not adding up, I forgot to add the Malaysian Charity Shield to the List in post 1377)
    Malaysian Premier Leagues: 1
    Malaysian Cup: 1
    Malaysian FA CUP: 2
    Malaysian Super Leagues: 1
    Malaysian Charity Shield: 1

Singaporean Leagues: 2
    Singapore Cup: 1
    Singaporean League Cup: 1

Hong Kong Premier League: 2
    Hong Kong FA Cup: 1
    Hong Kong Senior Challenge Shield: 2
    Asian Continental Qualification: 1

Silverware: Total 16 / Unique 12

Sackings:
    Sun Pegasus(Hong Kong)

Major Awards:
    2016 Malaysian Manager of the Year
    2018 Singaporean Manager of the Year
    2019 Singaporean Manager of the Year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've decided to do the Spanish Hero challenge so I picked Sant Andreu. Won promotion to Liga Adalante in the first season and Athletic Balbao are also in the league.

Won 5 trophies in a season with Fulham - Cauley Woodrow won the Balon D'Or.

I think this save has gotten a little too unrealistic.

Anyway, resigned from Fulham and was offered the Spain job - they just had a sh!t WC and most of their team is on the way out, so should be a good challenge.

Had to drop Iniesta as he was too far over the hill. That didn't go down well.

Also dropped Torres. That did go down well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Haven't posted here in a while, but I'm still playing my Hungarian save and doing pretty well. It was 2020 when I posted about 10 weeks ago, it's now 2027 and I have just overtaken Videoton to become the biggest club in Hungary.

Signed some young players and sold them for huge profits, along with qualifying for the groups of the CL once. Financially I am sitting pretty right now.
    http://i.imgur.com/m8O5EQY.png

The save is still very interesting because Videoton are also doing really well and keeping things interesting domestically.
    27/28
    26/27
    25/26

Recently signed this guy on a free from Inter. On €17.5k per week, he is by far my biggest earner. Next highest are under €10k. My coaches describe him as world class though. It has been years since I have had a world class player on FM since I am a LLM. :pac:
    http://i.imgur.com/PJCnbM0.png
    http://i.imgur.com/WBiHC4J.png

If I can score another 2 wins in the Europa League this year, the league should move up to 14th in Europe which would give us another CL qualifying spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Set up AFC Liverpool in the Vanarama North in FMH 2015.

Promoted every year. First season in the Prem, 35 games in, 7th in the league. Previous month board say they are delighted I'm in charge. Lose 3-2 to United. Sacked. FFS...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I would have thrown the PC out the window if I was sacked after all I've done for this club. There would have been riots in the streets of Sopron.

Good call, Mr. Balog.

2lmv4vo.png

bFDm0Ad.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've decided to do the Spanish Hero challenge so I picked Sant Andreu. Won promotion to Liga Adalante in the first season and Athletic Balbao are also in the league.

Stayed up in my second season :cool:

We've had a good start to the third season but there's no significant amount of money coming in so my facilities are atrocious all round!

It's getting hot in here.

8e5673ce0bce4be2e5d0536795567089.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Near the end of my 2nd season as boss as Dover Athletic after getting back to back promotions and will be playing in league 1 now next season and have brought in a lot of good players on cheap contacts.

One of the bargains i got was Micah Richards for free and he is on 10k a week worth every single penny.

After bargain was Shaun MacDonald for 200k and 6k a week contact. He has been bossing midfield for me since day 1.

Thorgan Hazard i put a bid in for him at £1 mil and signed up on a 10k a week contact as well. He is a extremely good player playing the number 10 role for me.

But the problem i am facing is a wont to get rid of a lot of deadwood to spend on wages and i cant get rid of anyone of them ?. Like some players i have a worth a few mil so i offer them up to clubs for 25% of what there worth and i still cant sell them and even for free on some players i cant get rid of them at all. So whats the best way for getting rid of the deadwood ?.

Near the end of my 2nd season as boss as Dover Athletic after getting back to back promotions and will be playing in league 1 now next season and have brought in a lot of good players on cheap contacts.

One of the bargains i got was Micah Richards for free and he is on 10k a week worth every single penny.

After bargain was Shaun MacDonald for 200k and 6k a week contact. He has been bossing midfield for me since day 1.

Thorgan Hazard i put a bid in for him at £1 mil and signed up on a 10k a week contact as well. He is a extremely good player playing the number 10 role for me.

But the problem i am facing is a wont to get rid of a lot of deadwood to spend on wages and i cant get rid of anyone of them ?. Like some players i have a worth a few mil so i offer them up to clubs for 25% of what there worth and i still cant sell them and even for free on some players i cant get rid of them at all. So whats the best way for getting rid of the deadwood ?.

Play them. They will need to have some form

gufc21 wrote: »
    Play them. They will need to have some form

Cant as none of them have any kind of match fitness and have been playing under 21 games to try and get some fitness in them.

I have been letting a few of them run down there contacts just to try and get rid as i think i have signed something like 45 + players in less then 2 years in charge of Dover as once the team is top of league better players wont to join and you cant say no ? LoL.

Cant as none of them have any kind of match fitness and have been playing under 21 games to try and get some fitness in them.

I have been letting a few of them run down there contacts just to try and get rid as i think i have signed something like 45 + players in less then 2 years in charge of Dover as once the team is top of league better players wont to join and you cant say no ? LoL.

Your wages must huge... relatively speaking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

What sort of cheating are you doing? No way you be legitimately got that class of player in league 1, they won't even sign for championship sides.

RossieMan wrote: »
    What sort of cheating are you doing? No way you be legitimately got that class of player in league 1, they won't even sign for championship sides.

Before I started the game I went into the editor and boot the rep of the club up to make it easyer in the long run to sign players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Why bother? Seems like a completely pointless exercise playing.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Why bother? Seems like a completely pointless exercise playing.

People like playing that way.

Personally, if i want to work and/or struggle at something, ill go run 20k, or go manage a local underage team IRL. If i want arbitrary success, i'll play FM - sometime with edits, sometimes without.

Next year is definitely our year.

3e3c0939b73a3fa8bebf42861d0ac4d3.png

Was playing around in the steam workshop today and last night downloading legends.
    Found a file for 108 legends.

Might give the lower leauge hipster challenge a bash. Might start off in leauge 1 with a team of 20 wonder kid legends.

• Advertisement
Advertisement