Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭roosterman71

What kind of specs would be needed to have every league loaded with a large database?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

What kind of specs would be needed to have every league loaded with a large database?

Dunno about every league, but for a decent amount of leagues in a game and a large database any decent quad-core cpu should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I had 10 leagues running a large database on a i5k 3570 and 8gb ram and it was coming up as 3.5 stars I think.

That was the England, Holland, spain, Italy, france, Brazil, Argentina, germany, Portugal, russia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

My performance is coming up at half a f**king star :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

4 Stars for me with 10 Leagues & Large database.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In a busy day, City have sacked Pelligrini, Chelsea sacked Jose and Hull sacked Bruce. quite a 24 hours...

Anyone unearthed any lower league gems?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Mine is running at 4 and a half stars with England , France , Germany , Spain , Holland , Ireland and Italy loaded. Quad core i7 with 8gb of Ram...

I've found one decent lower league player , Sam Joel at Blackburn 17 starting out , really fast player who seemed to be improving a lot when they sacked me.

Is it possible to have the game installed on 2 machines but buy one copy using a single steam account? I've 2 machines - my PC at home and my laptop for travelling around.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,289 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Anyone got links to this year wonderkid/free signings/bes coaches/best scouts list?

That's like playing minesweeper and knowing where all the mines are. No fun at all.
    Is it possible to have the game installed on 2 machines but buy one copy using a single steam account? I've 2 machines - my PC at home and my laptop for travelling around.

Yes, you can do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I find the resolution annoying on my laptop, I have 1366x768 and it feels like constant scrolling :( I have tried to change the zoom etc but still poor.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Yes, you can do that.

Do I just need to buy it and then install it on whatever machine I like from my Steam library?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I had 10 leagues running a large database on a i5k 3570 and 8gb ram and it was coming up as 3.5 stars I think.

That was the England, Holland, spain, Italy, france, Brazil, Argentina, germany, Portugal, russia.

A SSD hard drive for loading times be important too I reckon.

Spazdarn wrote: »
    A SSD hard drive for loading times be important too I reckon.

Ya, I've Windows and games running from my SSD, everything else gets saved and sent to the HDD.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya, I've Windows and games running from my SSD, everything else gets saved and sent to the HDD.

Don't understand this 'SSD' anyone care to offer a quick summary? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Irishcrx wrote: »

Solid State Drive I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Do I just need to buy it and then install it on whatever machine I like from my Steam library?
    Yes, and send me a chicken hot-pot, it's nearly lunchtime.

Cloud saves mean you can play the same game on your PC as on you laptop.

Obviously not at the same time as steam would be a useless piece of DRM then. :D

Also, Solid State Drive uses circuits instead of a disk and have quicker access times and less noise. :)

Ya, a Solid state Drive is much quicker than a standard Hard Disk Drive so I keep my OS (Windows) on it and also a few games.

Heres a summary of the differences : http://uk.pcmag.com/storage-devices-reviews/8061/feature/ssd-vs-hdd-whats-the-difference

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

Vahevala wrote: »
    I find the resolution annoying on my laptop, I have 1366x768 and it feels like constant scrolling :( I have tried to change the zoom etc but still poor.
    Me too :( Got screwed over before on a contract where I didnt scroll down and see that the fecker had a clause to double his salery after 1 international game :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Vahevala wrote: »

Aww stop its so annoying the only reason im using my ****ty laptop is cause the game is out and im not at home till friday. Bring on my 1080p monitor and fast PC friday night :)

• Advertisement

Looking for a good assistant manager suggestion?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If you're a top club Bruno Demichilis is brilliant. Usually only around for a few years though, well in FM14 anyway, retires young

Depends on your level, but I've always brought in G.Baresi at Inter Milan.

Another good shout this year is Jose Oxtotorena who I've got as my assistant at Chelsea.

Defending is crazy at the minute, same problem I had at Blackburn I'm now having at Carlisle tactics can score us plenty but we are getting hammered at the back and can't win a game. 4-3 , 3-2 , 3-3.

I'm going to have to alter the tactics until the final release is out and go really defensive away from home. Even playing on the counter is risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Well i have been advised to put one of my player on a training regime to improve his marking, problem is under focus there is no option to train him in marking like there was in fm14.

Anyone know what to put him on to improve marking?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Well i have been advised to put one of my player on a training regime to improve his marking, problem is under focus there is no option to train him in marking like there was in fm14.

Anyone know what to put him on to improve marking?

On my game anyway under specific attribute there is marking, have a second look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Are ye enjoying it so far? Away with work for next week so going to wait for the full release before starting!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Defending is crazy at the minute, same problem I had at Blackburn I'm now having at Carlisle tactics can score us plenty but we are getting hammered at the back and can't win a game. 4-3 , 3-2 , 3-3.

I'm going to have to alter the tactics until the final release is out and go really defensive away from home. Even playing on the counter is risky.

Playing 4141 with a DM set to defend is the only formation I have found that doesn't concede loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

On my game anyway under specific attribute there is marking, have a second look

Looks like Marking is missing from my game, it is not under specific attribute

• Advertisement

Might give that a lash , but my two best players are wingers and scoring goals from higher up the pitch. I'm playing 4-3-3 deep with a DM set to defend, two wingers and a lone striker. Goals are coming but they are flying in at the other end.

I don't mind giving the team time to allow my tactics to bed in but the worry is with results like I'm getting I won't last long enough in the job for that to happen. I always like to set up my teams to attack , to be fluid , to look for short passes and break down the opposition.

But I'm finding LLM much harder , long ball and direct seems to be the only way as my players are crap. Just get me to January and I can bring some players in.

In fact , is I make it to the end of the season the majority of this team is being given their P45, plenty of golden oldie free agents available that can pass a ball for me.

In the meantime , if anyone finds a way to shut that defence you let us all know here!

Advertisement