Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Are ye enjoying it so far? Away with work for next week so going to wait for the full release before starting!

I am anyway, downloaded a logopack so ive club crests and competition logos update, not going to bother with facepacks or kit packs really.

I'm only just after going into December in my Chelsea game, 2 points off Utd who are top, City 3rd, Arsenal 4th.

Major things to happen :

Lost Courtois, Cech all in one week just before the start of the season, for 1month and 3months respectively, huge GK crisis so havent kept a clean sheet in the first 6 league games.

Out of both cups early, tried to play the kids, through in the UCL already after 5 games.

Sold Mikel for 10million upfront and nearly 5million of add ons to Atletico Madrid

Bought nobody but was in the hunt for an Anderlecht youngster but he'd be wasted in my CM as nearly all my options are better than him currently.

Had a bid accepted of 20million for James Ward-Prowse but he was looking for mad wages, circa 100K so pulled out of it.

Will get more game time this weekend in hopefully finish the season, put my initial goal as challenge for the title so even if I dont win it I'll probably be kept on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Bruno Demichaelis a cracking shout lads :)

Bruno Demichaelis a cracking shout lads :)

Couldnt get him, think he wouldnt a different role to waht I needed of him. :(

Got Ivan Carminati as defensive coach, his stat is 19/20

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i may pick this up the weekend i havent played the last few as there was way too much going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

Ive found Steve Clarke quite a good assistant and René Meulensteen a great shooting/ball control coach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Lads where do ye get your logo/competition graphics pack from? I assume the ones for FM14 will work for FM15?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Nolars wrote: »
    Lads where do ye get your logo/competition graphics pack from? I assume the ones for FM14 will work for FM15?

This seems to be most people's go-to for graphics Sortitoutsi

Last year's should work for this year, haven't looked into it myself yet.

Nolars wrote: »

I've used FM Scout as Sortitoutsi d/l's were way to slow.

Basically, if youve got them d/l'ed from last year, you can add the folders to your FM15 folders and they'll work away.

I'm using the Logo/Competition packs from FMScout and they do the job, the facepacks are huge files, same for the kit packs so I'll probably not bother with either.

I take it adaptability is useless if you don't plan on managing abroad?
    I also turned of player masking on stats, I'm assuming(correct me) player knowledge & Youngster knowledge are for this to help you judge a player.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I downloaded the logo pack using Steam Workshop on 14. Can see them in the folder but there's no equivalent folder on 15 since Workshop doesn't seem to be in action yet. Any idea what folder I copy/paste the logos over to?

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I downloaded the logo pack using Steam Workshop on 14. Can see them in the folder but there's no equivalent folder on 15 since Workshop doesn't seem to be in action yet. Any idea what folder I copy/paste the logos over to?

Here ya go mate
    Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2015/graphics/logos.

(create the folders graphics and logos if required).

In the game, go to preferences and then in the Interface section
    In the Theme section, uncheck the "Use cache to reduce the loading time of a page" and select "Reload theme after confirmation of changes in consumer preferences"
    Confirm the changes. The logos appear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Come January at Carlisle we were still just out of the relegation zone. I decided that drastic steps were required to save my ass here so I took the LVG approach and wanted the players to adapt to 'my philosophy' rather than trying to plug gaps with players that simply couldn't do what I was asking.

I had a decent wage budget for a L2 side , 30k a week under my max and plenty of free agents available. I let 8 players go and brought in a staggering 15 during the window. I wanted players who could pass the ball in the middle of the park and I needed some decent wing backs and 2 strikers.

Got a couple of really good signings somehow convinced them to join for very little money.

* Joe Cole
    * Chris Kirkland
    * Jonathan Woodgate
    * John Eustace

Yes , all are journeymen and crocked with injuries , but they are on just over 1k a week with pay as you play bonuses and have Premiership/big club experience to bring to the table. I also signed some decent player who were on Ameteur deals at low level clubs but I think can improve here. I need better coaches next though.

I've employed a 5-3-2 system , the middle players look to control the and press the opposition by passing my new CB's are improving the heavy rut of goals at my end. Joe Cole is playing as an AP and pulling the string's in midfield , system seems to be working now. The two Wing backs and being afforded plenty of space when I get the ball to them out wide and getting crosses into the box providing both goals and assists. The opposition is constantly busy dealing with my now decent midfield and loosing the full backs when they attack. Results are improving and were up to 12th in the table.

18 games left , I'm aiming for the play offs now.

Forget through the middle for now lads , it doesn't work. Go wide....go wide...

Thanks Gav, much better looking now :D

Applied the team name patch as well, but apparently it only works when I start a new game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

There's a cheap CD at Madrid who went for less than 1 million in my game. Nacho. Might be worth a look at for anyone in need of a cheap one.

I picked up Balanta. Scouts love him and can be got for around 6 million but hes young.

The English big teams always fight it out for Savic. He used to play at City. Goes for around 8 million.

And Nkoulou ended up at Arsenal in 2 of my games for less than 6 million.

Thanks Gav, much better looking now :D

Applied the team name patch as well, but apparently it only works when I start a new game :(

I read that, i was only about 2 or 3 week sinto my save when I d/l'ed it so I saved the formations/tactics/training and started again. :)
    tvercetti wrote: »

The English big teams always fight it out for Savic. He used to play at City. Goes for around 8 million.

And Nkoulou ended up at Arsenal in 2 of my games for less than 6 million.

1st spoiler : Hes at Spurs in my game, as Utd signed Vertonghen
    2nd spoiler : Same in my game, just joined Arsenal for 5.5m

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Quahog217

hey guys whats the best site to buy the game from. I usually but it in shop so this is my first time buying it online. Do they accept visa debit cards or do you need a paypal account or something? Hoping to buy it straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/60...h-beta-access/

Think it was €25 for me off that site, maybe €30. You don't need paypal or anything , you need Steam so download that first. Then buy the game off the site using a credit or debit card. They will then e-mail you a receipt and an activation code, you go into steam go to 'activate a game on steam' using the code and the game will download for you.

Then you can play it.

was 1-0 up in the 90th minute at home and the opposition was down to 10 men, then my keeper passed the ball straight to an attacker and it finished 1-1, actually would annoy the **** ouuta ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

My Arsenal save is going pretty well.

Currently in January and i'm sitting top of the table with Man Utd 4pts behind. Only lost one game this season which was a 2-0 loss at Stoke. Done pretty crap in Europe and failed at getting out of the group (Napoli,Schalke and Anderlecht)

In the summer i picked up:

Balanta - £6M
    N'koulou - £9M
    João Moutinho - £34M (Buy-out clause)

And I also picked up Malanda on a season loan with the option to buy for £22M. I unsettled him enough that he pretty much forced his way out of Wolfsburg :P.

In the middle of January and I got Bakkali on a free (he'll sign in the summer) and i'm also planning on picking up Reus for £21M.

Haven't sold many players.. Only Podolski for £11M to Roma and Rosicky for 800K.

Near the end of the first season as United.

Pool are 5 points clear of me at the top and with two games in hand. And they won the capital cup too. This annoys me.

Since I took United, Van Gaal is at Chelsea, and Jose is now at City. Chelsea down in 9th, never recovering from Jose annoying half the team. City in 6th. QPR, Leicester and Burnley all about to be releganted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Kenno88

Hi all just signed up to post here. How do people find the current generations of FM havnen't played in a few years. Is it gone really in depth these days? I used prefer the simply set your tactics and do a few transfer kinda thing, I hear its all miny instructions now and you've to put quite a bit of time into it.

Can anyone rec other simple footbal manager type games? Doesn't matter if its an install or free online thingy.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Kenno88 wrote: »
    Hi all just signed up to post here. How do people find the current generations of FM havnen't played in a few years. Is it gone really in depth these days? I used prefer the simply set your tactics and do a few transfer kinda thing, I hear its all miny instructions now and you've to put quite a bit of time into it.

Can anyone rec other simple footbal manager type games? Doesn't matter if its an install or free online thingy.

John

There's a simple version of the game in Football Manager. It's called football manager classic. I don't know how much more simple it is because I've never used it but it's definitely there

• Registered Users Posts: 15,289 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've only read about stuff like this. Now it has happened to me.

HwWXn9D.png

I was cruising the entire game.

---

Managing Orlando is fun and easy way to start off this year I've found. I was having no luck in the lower divisions (Hong Kong, Malaysia, Norway) but managing Orlando has been really fun. The problems defensively with the awful goalkeepers has not been an issue at this level. In the other leagues I've tried it has made the game unplayable.

Just an FYI if anyone is looking for a decent team to start with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EveAlex

three cracking signings for me, Depay, Romero and Dyabala

First season done for me...

4TWqcRA.png

RVP top scorer with 29 goals, RVP, Mata, Jones and Bonucci (who I bought at the start of the season) all make TOTY.

Rodgers promptly quit at the end of the season to go manager Barca :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭irishgeo

anyone else had this, i just got a red flashing screen where the pitch should have been in 3d mode and nothing else.

ill upload a picture tomorrow. i just smashed city 4-0 in my first game.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

EveAlex wrote: »
    three cracking signings for me, Depay, Romero and Dyabala

I messed about with Spurs for a few hours on Thursday and signed Depay and Romero. Depay scores for fun but I signed him today for Southampton and hes not upto much so far.
    First season done for me...

4TWqcRA.png

RVP top scorer with 29 goals, RVP, Mata, Jones and Bonucci (who I bought at the start of the season) all make TOTY.

Rodgers promptly quit at the end of the season to go manager Barca :pac:

In my game, Chelsea are already pulling away after 8 games and Liverpool are struggling in the bottom half.

Scouting for second season.

Reus has a release clause of 21m euro.

me-gusta-cover.png

Bakkali and Valdes already coming in on a free. Pereyra looking free too. Bargain summer coming up...

EDIT: Whoops. Valdes went....to Sunderland O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

Whats everyone's preseason training like? At the moment my match training is set to the max concentrating on tactics and then fitness training is set to high or very high with no rest days before or after games. Is that the best way to go or should I mix it up a bit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

sdowling04 wrote: »
    Whats everyone's preseason training like? At the moment my match training is set to the max concentrating on tactics and then fitness training is set to high or very high with no rest days before or after games. Is that the best way to go or should I mix it up a bit?

Straight from the David Moyes school of managing

Advertisement