Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office 365 Losing Mails

• 11-09-2014 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭

We've moved a number of our clients to Office 365. At the start of August a number of users from two completely separate companies lost emails from their Office 365 accounts. They literally just came in to the office one day and folders were gone from their account.

We have been on to Microsoft who have been slow enough to respond and began by trying to say "the user must have deleted it", "you must not have AV on your computer" .. basically anything but take responsibility for the fact that it is more than likely something wrong with their own system..

They have helped get most of the mail back in one case and some of the mail back in the other, but this has been extremely frustrating for our clients.. Just wondering if anybody else has had a similar experience.. Cos if this is a regular occurrence then we're not gonna continue BETA testing office 365 until Microsoft sort out their problems.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Honestly I wouldn't say it's a Microsoft issue. How long after migrating did it happen? What type of migration was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

This happened about six months after the migration. We created the mailboxes on the cloud and moved the contents of their OSTs up. they had been working fine for the previous few months without any issues.

You imported the emails from PST's which you had exported then?

Possible that after importing the PST's they didn't upload fully to the 365 mailbox. User then gets a new outlook profile which only contains what's been uploaded + any new email after migration. That'd explain missing folders / emails.

I've seen issues with PST's over 2GB only uploading the first 2GB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Rackstar wrote: »
    Possible that after importing the PST's they didn't upload fully to the 365 mailbox. That'd explain missing folders / emails.

Nah, it's nothing to do with the migration.. It was the case that one Thursday evening one person (to pick and example) had subfolders within his inbox and when he came in on the Friday those folders were empty.. Similar for other users...

I guess we'll never get to the bottom of it.

Nah, it's nothing to do with the migration.. It was the case that one Thursday evening one person (to pick and example) had subfolders within his inbox and when he came in on the Friday those folders were empty.. Similar for other users...

I guess we'll never get to the bottom of it.

Not a Microsoft issue. You don't just lose email like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭coillcam

It seems odd, did you get to the bottom of it?

Also are you using a 3rd party provider for Office365 such as register365 or dealing direct with MS?

The only thing I've seen close to this in 5 months of using Office 365 was where one of the admins removed the exchange plan 1 licence from a user's account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Patrick Brennan

I agree with Rackstar. It is not microsoft issue. Check if your emails reach office 365 server or not. If not, then I suggest you to contact the support of your external mailbox to see whether there are any limits to it.

Advertisement