Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers** Series 8, Episode 4 - "Listen"

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Das Kitty wrote: »
    He stole the button from the armoury on Gallifrey and brought it to the barn.

Question is, if the barn was originally next to the boarding house, where'd the boarding house go?
    Maybe Moffat is making Lungbarrow canon...

The boarding house is here pink was. The doctor never lived in a boarding school that barn was where he lived with his parents.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The boarding house is here pink was. The doctor never lived in a boarding school that barn was where he lived with his parents.

No...

They were telling him to come into the main house with the other boys, that he didn't have to sleep in the barn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

No...

They were telling him to come into the main house with the other boys, that he didn't have to sleep in the barn.

Oh ya missed it sorry I am guessing it was blowin down it was a desolated place

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

The war doctor brought it there after he stole it from the citadel in gallifrey. The moment is a sentient weapon and can be in the form of what the person wants it to be in.

I'm really going to have to start paying more attention!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Really that episode was good on so many levels.

Lot of people moaning about Moffat and Capaldi but I am so, so happy the BBC put a little faith in both of them. Jenna Coleman too. This episode wasn't just good Who, it was good sci fi and good horror.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

No...

This is important, it draws another parallel between the doctor and pink, both from 'homes', both former soldiers, both eager to spin their deeds as benign.
    This season seems to be insisting that theirs a bit of the doctor in everyone, both the good and the bad guys.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Really that episode was good on so many levels.

Lot of people moaning about Moffat and Capaldi but I am so, so happy the BBC put a little faith in both of them. Jenna Coleman too. This episode wasn't just good Who, it was good sci fi and good horror.

I think that's worth highlighting: this episode went beyond simply being a good episode of Dr. Who, it was an excellent piece of scripted drama full-stop. Find it hard to believe even the staunchest critics didn't find something to enjoy in that story. Layered and intelligent, where a smart script and good direction (are you watching Ben Wheatley?) made a frickin' bedsheet appear terrifying. God, the blood curdled when the sheet started slipping off... whatever it actually was.

My only complaint would be one relative to the very versatility of the show: the Next Time trailer seemed so jarring in its tone against what I had just watched, but that's what makes Dr. Who what it is (next week's episode also looks like a bit of a knock-off of a Farscape story, but that's another matter!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I just want to know what was under Rupert's bed-sheet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Sleepy wrote: »
    I just want to know what was under Rupert's bed-sheet...

Yeah, another child, Saville, a new enemy? Who knows,

but I wonder how many people that night tried to freak out their partners with a bed sheet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

It's something. Something that's not human I think. The eyes are a bit far apart and the nose a bit big. I dunno, could be an out of focus effect.

rHuEvX9.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Wacky thought. Not a sontaran?

"sontarans perverting the course of human history!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Mycroft H wrote: »
    It's something. Something that's not human I think. The eyes are a bit far apart and the nose a bit big. I dunno, could be an out of focus effect.

<<Snip Clara and blurry monster pic>>

For a moment I thought you meant Jenna Coleman when you were talking about the eyes being far apart and the nose too big. I was thinking "what's this guy on, she's perfect". Then I realised you meant the blur in the background. :o

It looks to me like a thumb person. My money is on thumb Steve Jobs...

steve-jobs_520858.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

it was good sci fi and good horror.

I'm usually terrified when watching a horror movie. 'Listen' didn't scare me one iota. It wouldn't even scare a newborn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

I'm usually terrified when watching a horror movie. 'Listen' didn't scare me one iota. It wouldn't even scare a newborn.

I'm a newborn and it scared me :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

Mycroft H wrote: »

rHuEvX9.png

That blurred pic definitely has a look of a Sontaran, but if I remember correctly, when we could see the blanket the 'head' of the blanket was much more 'human' sized and smaller, definitely not a Sontaran then...

J.

Advertisement