Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing existing wardrobe doors with sliding doors?

• 11-09-2014 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

I'm squeezed for space in my room and was thinking of replacing the doors of my fitted wardrobe with sliding doors. Has anyone had this done and how did they find it? And does anyone have any idea of the rough cost of doing something like that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

I did it a few years ago, got the doors in homebase iirc as they were the cheapest I could find. Think the whole lot was no more than 250 for floor to ceiling mirrors (3 of them) and the rails. The biggest pain was fitting the brackets to hold the top rail (as there was about 15/20 CM of a gap)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭Villa05

thesteve wrote: »
    I did it a few years ago, got the doors in homebase iirc as they were the cheapest I could find. Think the whole lot was no more than 250 for floor to ceiling mirrors (3 of them) and the rails. The biggest pain was fitting the brackets to hold the top rail (as there was about 15/20 CM of a gap)
    Thanks, did you do the fitting yourself. is it a carpenter one would get to do this job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

I did it myself. Anyone who is handy enough would be able to do it, you just need to be able to take accurate measurements and know what plugs / screws to go into your ceiling. The rest is really easy.

Advertisement