Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6 Launch Time UK ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Only managed to get to a pc now, ordered a 6 Plus 64gb Space Grey with 3 to 4 week delivery estimate. :(

Why would you wait 3-4 weeks if Ireland is getting them on the 26th with preorders likely to start on the 19th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

keano25 wrote: »
    Everyone using parcel motel?

I did. Order being processed.

I ordered at 8.38 and got the '19/9 in most cases' as a delivery date.
    16Gb 6+ Gold

321906.PNG

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

kucyk wrote: »
    Why would you wait 3-4 weeks if Ireland is getting them on the 26th with preorders likely to start on the 19th?

Nope, released in Tier one countries on the 19th. Ireland is not tier one. Pre orders for Ireland is the 26th with shipping from that day at least but most likely a 2-3 week wait from the Irish store from then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I'd imagine depending on the phone you go for you will most likely be looking at 3-4 week wait from the 26th. The quickest way to get one would have been to pre order for collection in Belfast but for people down the other side of the country that's not really plausible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

kucyk wrote: »

I presume preorders for Ireland will have the same wait time, so I might as well get in line now. :)

Also there is a small saving to be made by ordering through the UK store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

kceire wrote: »
    Nope, released in Tier one countries on the 19th. Ireland is not tier one. Pre orders for Ireland is the 26th with shipping from that day at least but most likely a 2-3 week wait from the Irish store from then.

I actually think it might be quicker this time based on how Apple did not show a Tier 2 slide at the keynote.

Also, I notice that the mobile providers here are much more geared up on their websites with iPhone info than they were at this stage with the 5 & 5s,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

kaizersoze wrote: »
    I did. Order being processed.

I ordered at 8.38 and got the '19/9 in most cases' as a delivery date.
    16Gb 6+ Gold

321906.PNG

Still don't understand why they don't just lump us in with UK. I mean look at the map, they have to ship to Northern Ireland. Might as well ship some more down south? :(

Looks like all 6's are still available to reserve in Vic Square.

Mine is reserved for 10-11. What time have people reserved them for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

murpho999 wrote: »
    I actually think it might be quicker this time based on how Apple did not show a Tier 2 slide at the keynote.

Also, I notice that the mobile providers here are much more geared up on their websites with iPhone info than they were at this stage with the 5 & 5s,

Maybe since China won't be getting it on launch day it released more stock to the rest of tiers.

Between 1500-1600 for me going up on the train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I got in line too. Knowing me I would miss the first couple of minutes of Irish launch and be told
    3-4 weeks after whatever date the presale starts for Ireland.

Hopefully it arrives soone rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I'd love to head up to Belfast but I simply do not have the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Also there is a small saving to be made by ordering through the UK store.

Is there?

Can anyone who's bought from the UK today confirm what the conversion has come out to on their card?

My calculations are coming to about €1020 for the 128gb plus...

Apple site showing all iPhone 6 sizes available to reserve in Belfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

mad muffin wrote: »
    Still don't understand why they don't just lump us in with UK.

Politics forum -->

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dast1g

will there be any available on the day without a reservation does anybody know?

Apple site showing all iPhone 6 sizes available to reserve in Belfast.

link ? i cant seem to get the option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

[QUOTE=mad muffin[/url][/QUOTE]

no iphone 6 plus :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Really trying to hold off at the minute but it's not easy...!

Simon201 wrote: »
    Is there?

Can anyone who's bought from the UK today confirm what the conversion has come out to on their card?

Same if you bought the stg from an post today. It would cost you €1023.

• Advertisement

dast1g wrote: »
    will there be any available on the day without a reservation does anybody know?

Yes they will have stick for launch day at 8am (19th sep). You would want to be up Thursday I night to start queuing.

Worth noting that Vuctoria Square run a special in parking between midnight and 8am. So if you get in after 12 and out before 10ish you only pay for 2 hours or 3 hours max parking. I was out at 9am last year and it only cost me £5.60 from 12.30ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

kceire wrote: »
    Yes they will have stick for launch day at 8am (19th sep). You would want to be up Thursday I night to start queuing.

Worth noting that Vuctoria Square run a special in parking between midnight and 8am. So if you get in after 12 and out before 10ish you only pay for 2 hours or 3 hours max parking. I was out at 9am last year and it only cost me £5.60 from 12.30ish.

i would think if you were dropping 1k in a phone, you wouldnt mind paying the parking... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

To someone who used parcelmotel before. If my delivery date is 19th how soon will it be delivered to parcelmotel near me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭keano25

Blazer wrote: »
    To someone who used parcelmotel before. If my delivery date is 19th how soon will it be delivered to parcelmotel near me?

As soon as they get around to it. :)

Usually 2 days after tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Simon201 wrote: »
    Is there?

iphone6 64gb ordered this morning, sterling conversion came in at

Transaction Date Description Amount
    12/09/2014 ELECTRONICS STORES € 800.25

Anybody know will they have the Apple cases for sale on launch day online site says only pre order for October dispatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Anybody know will they have the Apple cases for sale on launch day online site says only pre order for October dispatch.

Mine says it will ship in 1 to 3 days-
    Thats for the iphone 6

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

So nothing yet from Apple about tier 2/3 countries and their release dates...

Any educated guesses for launch day in Irish shops (Vodafone, O2 etc.)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Dades wrote: »

Wasn't it announced for September 26th by apple?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Dades wrote: »

All the Irish carriers will have it available on the 26th.

Advertisement