Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle to Parkmore - commute

Options
  • 11-09-2014 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi folks,

I live in Newcastle (Dangan) and will be travelling to Parkmore (Mon to Fri, 9-6) and was wondering what to expect traffic wise. Obviously I know in general what to expect but has anyone done this journey a this time, or are there any commuting tips out there that could help me?

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Go to the bridge, make a left at the Tesco intersection, make a right at Menlo RB, go up and past the racecourse dual way and then left at Dunnes intersection.
    After a week you will have perfected the commuting times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

biko wrote: »
    Go to the bridge, make a left at the Tesco intersection, make a right at Menlo RB, go up and past the racecourse dual way and then left at Dunnes intersection.
    After a week you will have perfected the commuting times :)

Actually at that time of the day the Thomas hynes road will probably be quicker to the bridge than the newcastle road as it gets very backed up around that time.

Total commute should be nore more than 30 minutes though most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

tuam road is faster out to parkmore and does not back up at the junction into parkmore, like the dunes side.
    but this depends on your arrival time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Notch000 wrote: »
    tuam road is faster out to parkmore and does not back up at the junction into parkmore, like the dunes side.
    but this depends on your arrival time.

And the recent rainfall and your willingness to drive thru a big puddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The problem, in my view, with Tuam Road is that you need to make a right turn to get to Parkmore and it can take ages sometimes for someone to let you in.
    But yeah there's many ways to get there and after a while you learn which is best on a certain day or time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

Cycling would be a realistic option if there's showers at your workplace. I do a similar commute and particularly the return trip is quicker on bike than car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭what_traffic

jjpep wrote: »
    Cycling would be a realistic option if there's showers at your workplace. I do a similar commute and particularly the return trip is quicker on bike than car.

Ditto. Similar commute and the Bike home in the evening is always faster than when I use the car, morning traffic is more variable. Also on the bike can use the ramp to get up and down to the Dyke Road.

Advertisement