Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYG Electricity charges breakdown?

Options
  • 11-09-2014 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭

hello,i was just wondering if you could give me a breakdown of EI's PAYG Electricity charges including VAT?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi ooter,

PAYG customers pay our standard unit rate which is 19.31 cent (including VAT).

Other charges depend on various factors (whether the meter is for debt management or whether it is lifestyle choice, whether the customer's usage meter is standard 24-hour or day/night, whether the customer is urban or rural based).

If you let us know which of the above apply to yourself, we will be able to advise you further.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

Hi ooter,

PAYG customers pay our standard unit rate which is 19.31 cent (including VAT).

Other charges depend on various factors (whether the meter is for debt management or whether it is lifestyle choice, whether the customer's usage meter is standard 24-hour or day/night, whether the customer is urban or rural based).

If you let us know which of the above apply to yourself, we will be able to advise you further.

Regards,
    Una
    Standard 24 hour urban Meter with no debt management.
    I'm 12 months with prepay power and considering switching but they have offered me €60 credit on my Meter to stay with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi ooter,

Glad to read you're thinking of switching to Electric Ireland.  To go through the rates in more detail, I'd advise you to contact our dedicated PAYG team on 1850 30 50 95. They'll be able to talk you through the rates in detail and advise you what your next step is.  Make sure to ask about our €20 bonus sign-up credit.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Hi ooter,

Glad to read you're thinking of switching to Electric Ireland.  To go through the rates in more detail, I'd advise you to contact our dedicated PAYG team on 1850 30 50 95. They'll be able to talk you through the rates in detail and advise you what your next step is.  Make sure to ask about our €20 bonus sign-up credit.

Kind regards,
    Aoife
    Got the same response on twitter,strange that you won't provide the rates in writing.
    Hey ho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi ooter,

The reason for this is that there are different types of PAYG meters and price plans. The answer to your query depends on what type of meter is available to you. Our colleagues at 1850 30 50 95 can go through your options and advise you on the costs involved so that you can make the best possible choice.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Hi ooter,

The reason for this is that there are different types of PAYG meters and price plans. The answer to your query depends on what type of meter is available to you. Our colleagues at 1850 30 50 95 can go through your options and advise you on the costs involved so that you can make the best possible choice.

Kind regards,
    Aoife
    Tbh you should still be able to post your price plans and different PAYG meter costs surely?

Unless you tailor each one specifically which would make a person very suspicious ;)

Hi ooter,

Kind regards,
    Aoife
    fair enough,thanks for your help.
    to be honest i prefer to have these things in writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi ooter,

Sorry you are not happy with what we advise. In the case of customers who have a PAYG meter for debt management or wish to have one installed for the same reason, it is possible for us to provide the relevant information for them here on Boards, as these are set details for all.
    However, in the case of customers such as yourself, who would like to have a PAYG meter installed as a lifestyle choice, there are some variables. Lifestyle choice PAYG electricity is also quite a recent offering by Electric Ireland, and there is a dedicated phone-line set up for it, whose advisors would be the ones to give you the most comprehensive information.

There is also a section on our website about PAYG.

The PAYG telephone line is open Monday to Friday, 9-5.30 (1850 30 50 95).

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Hi ooter,

Sorry you are not happy with what we advise. In the case of customers who have a PAYG meter for debt management or wish to have one installed for the same reason, it is possible for us to provide the relevant information for them here on Boards, as these are set details for all.
    However, in the case of customers such as yourself, who would like to have a PAYG meter installed as a lifestyle choice, there are some variables. Lifestyle choice PAYG electricity is also quite a recent offering by Electric Ireland, and there is a dedicated phone-line set up for it, whose advisors would be the ones to give you the most comprehensive information.

There is also a section on our website about PAYG.

The PAYG telephone line is open Monday to Friday, 9-5.30 (1850 30 50 95).

Kind regards,
    Una
    I pay €0.187 cent per unit, urban standing charge. I have a meter because of arrears. 

Advertisement