Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Welfare Office/New Public Services Card?

Options
  • 11-09-2014 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi, I had an appointment today for the new social welfare card at 4.20pm. I went to the social welfare office at about 4.05pm (the office behind the land registry on the cork rd) and it was closed. I've since found out that it closes at 4. Did I go to the wrong building or did they f-up? I've double checked the time and place on the letter they sent me and I can't see where I went wrong. I even went to the HSE and a notice on their door said to go to the building behind the land registry.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me where they got their card sorted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

You went to the right place alright, they must have messed up the time of your appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

When I got mine it was closed too, but they were letting people who had card appointments in through the side door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

Adyx wrote: »
    When I got mine it was closed too, but they were letting people who had card appointments in through the side door.

I hung around for about 10-15 minutes and tried the side door but there wasn't any sign of people going in or out. I wish they'd have put a sign up or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

jaysus they have a handy job finishing at 4 every day, is this what my taxes pay for??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

jaysus they have a handy job finishing at 4 every day, is this what my taxes pay for??

hour and a half for the nose bag too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

hour and a half for the nose bag too
    wonder is there any jobs goin lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

wonder is there any jobs goin lol

Staff there don't finish at 4. Staff there don't get 1.5 hours break.

As it happens there will be jobs coming up there soon, keep an eye on www.publicjobs.ie Thousands of people will be applying for a couple of hundred positions so competition will be tough.

Advertisement