Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI is lending. Substitute teacher and partner

Options
  • 11-09-2014 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Was talking to a teacher today in the staff room. She is a sub in covering a parental leave for three weeks. She got a call at break time to say she and her partner got a mortgage sanctioned ready for draw down for €125k. He's permanent the last two years but she hasn't anything stable. At least its good to know that BOI is lending!! It might give some hope!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Pinkycharm wrote: »
    Was talking to a teacher today in the staff room. She is a sub in covering a parental leave for three weeks. She got a call at break time to say she and her partner got a mortgage sanctioned ready for draw down for €125k. He's permanent the last two years but she hasn't anything stable. At least its good to know that BOI is lending!! It might give some hope!

Amount approved is based on the full time earners salary only I take it? Nothing majorly surprising about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Well no she had to be taken into account because he had a substantial car loan and his earnings were low enough. she said they had an awful amount of stress from the bank but it finally came through after 2 months.

Was delighted to hear it for them. She didnt think she would get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

There's got to be a bit more than this. I was on BOI in the last month and I have a CID for half hours. It was made very clear that this is all that could be taken into account even though I have taught full hours for every year bar one out of the last six

i don't know now, i can ask her, i know she's in tomorrow again. they probably had a huge deposit to put against it. were you looking for much mirrorwall14?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We didn't specify, we asked what was possible. Only half my teaching salary would be taken into account unless I get a full time CID. Primary salary had to be the OH

• Advertisement

We didn't specify, we asked what was possible. Only half my teaching salary would be taken into account unless I get a full time CID. Primary salary had to be the OH

I'll ask her tomorrow, she definitely said BOI anyways because I was thinking, the lucky yoke- they wouldn't lend to me or OH last time we were trying to buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

I'll ask her tomorrow, she definitely said BOI anyways because I was thinking, the lucky yoke- they wouldn't lend to me or OH last time we were trying to buy!

BOI have been lending constantly in the last few years, your thread is misleading as if they were lending to no-one which is not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

BOI are lending, I got approval for more than 4 times my salary

(I'm an awesome saver though with no record of debt)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Try and draw that money down and you'll find that the approval figure is a rather movable feast, always going down, never up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Bank in lending money shocker .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

It might give some hope!

Lets summarise this:
    Sub teacher getting a few days here and there
    Partner in permanent job but on low earnings
    Substantial car loan

And you think it's a good thing they got a mortgage and that they are lucky yokes!

The only good news here is that the max they'll get is 125k....they can't do too much damage with that. I'm already paying the mortgages for enough folk who thought they were 'lucky yokes' over the past 15 years

D3PO wrote: »
    Bank in lending money shocker .....

Eh less of that!! What I meant was that people are getting mortgages that may not have before this

moxin wrote: »
    BOI have been lending constantly in the last few years, your thread is misleading as if they were lending to no-one which is not true.

Eh no... what I meant is that they are lending now to people who couldn't get one before.

Before I had my job I was a sub and my partner has a permanent job. Our savings were good and they wouldn't lend because I wasnt permanent.

My whole point was that there is hope out there for people who couldn't get it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭D_D

BOI is lending. I got a mortgage as a single person for 4 times my salary. Didn't need to take the full amount to buy my place, but they were happy to lend to me no bother. This was a good few months ago now...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Eh less of that!! What I meant was that people are getting mortgages that may not have before this

you might share the deepest darkest secrets with your friends but trust me very few people are open about every aspect of their financial situations. You think you know the situation but the fact is you have no idea at all and as such cannot make a determination that the bank is lending when previously they wouldnt have.

whilst the general public might have short memories when it comes to what caused the boom to even insinuate that banks have relaxed their lending practices to the point that is irresponsible really has no weight at all.

Advertisement