Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Printer

Options
  • 11-09-2014 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

I purchased a wifi canon mg3550 yesterday
    First problem was when trying to use the wifi connection it would either print out half a page, just run a blank page through it or not print at all. Then i decided to use the usb connection which worked fine last night.

Now I tried to turn it on and it wont power on at all. Am i entitled to a replacement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Under consumer law if the printer is faulty, you are entitled to a repair or replacement, or ultimately a refund. Usually if the shop says it'll repair the printer then they're fulfilling their legal obligations but you can of course negotiate for a replacement.

Just contact the seller and see what they say, most larger retailers will just give you a replacement straight up.

Did you buy it by going into a shop or did you order it online/by phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

What you mean "if" its faulty? It wont power on, i only have it 27 hours. Of course its faulty!

I went into a shop and bought it! Unless they can repair it in 10 mins, I need a replacement. Just started college with alot of assignments needing to be done so I need a printer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭dmc17

If it's faulty, return it and they'll probably give you a replacement considering how long it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

amandaf675 wrote: »
    What you mean "if" its faulty? It wont power on, i only have it 27 hours. Of course its faulty!

I went into a shop and bought it! Unless they can repair it in 10 mins, I need a replacement. Just started college with alot of assignments needing to be done so I need a printer
    I said "if" because the seller is entitled to verify there is a defect with the printer.

Buying it in a shop should make it easier to deal with them face to face which is good.

Like I said, you can seek a replacement and many retailers will do so without a quibble. I appreciate you need it but while the shop must provide a remedy without serious inconvenience to you that does not necessarily oblige them to provide you with a repair or replacement in time to meet your commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

amandaf675 wrote: »
    I purchased a wifi canon mg3550 yesterday
    First problem was when trying to use the wifi connection it would either print out half a page, just run a blank page through it or not print at all. Then i decided to use the usb connection which worked fine last night.

Now I tried to turn it on and it wont power on at all. Am i entitled to a replacement?

Inkjet printer is the wrong choice for college imo.

Should have gotten a cheap led/laser printer, it will cost a bit more but save you money in ink in the long run.

• Advertisement
Advertisement