Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

in a green area on the coverage map but still no efibre

Options
  • 11-09-2014 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭

Hi there. As the title suggests i am in green shaded area on the efibre coverage map but there is no efibre available to my house yet, despite houses half a kilometre away Being served by it.  Is there a specific reason for this or is it a case of waiting for engineers to come back?  

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Hi Opinionated3
    Here's the answer I got from Eircom

Lines further than 2KM will be unable to avail of efibre,not all lines within the 2KM distance can get efibre as the coverage is set to a predefined route.

Al

In other words not all properties in the green area will get service.Harsh but true.Also a little misleading by Eircom and their "coverage" map
    Regards
    Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Ridiculous.  Guess I'll just have to wait for esb/Vodafone service to come my way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Ridiculous.  Guess I'll just have to wait for esb/Vodafone service to come my way
    Your local copper cabinet may not yet have been enabled. This site may give an idea http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ and look at this part of it too http://fibrerollout.ie/faqs/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi there. As the title suggests i am in green shaded area on the efibre coverage map but there is no efibre available to my house yet, despite houses half a kilometre away Being served by it.  Is there a specific reason for this or is it a case of waiting for engineers to come back?  

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    Hi opinionated3

I can confirm that advice from jd is more accurate. The availability and coverage of efibre is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets, unlike regular broadband where it is available upon exchange upgrade.

While the map indicates that efibre is available to areas located within the shaded green area this is not the case and works to roll out cabinets to areas within the shaded green zone is set to continue in to the future.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Is there anyway of finding out an accurate timeframe for its completion?  Just seems a bit weird to complete x amount of houses on a country Road only then to stop suddenly and leave the remaining houses untouched? ? If it's any help is the green shaded 'shannon area' in clare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

jd wrote: »
    Your local copper cabinet may not yet have been enabled. This site may give an idea http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ and look at this part of it too http://fibrerollout.ie/faqs/
    Very good and informative post jd. Speaking from experience a lot of frustrations about the EFibre rollout stems from not having the relevant information supplied to us.After visiting those links I understand the process a lot better.This,after all, should be how these forums work
    Best regards
    Steve 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

It's possible that your connection does not go through a cabinet at all, and is directly connected to the exchange. 
    If this is the case, Eircom have no plans right now to enable fibre/VDSL on your connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

gerryk wrote: »
    It's possible that your connection does not go through a cabinet at all, and is directly connected to the exchange. 
    If this is the case, Eircom have no plans right now to enable fibre/VDSL on your connection.

That the boat im on. Im conected to the exchange so have to wait until mid 2015 even tho my neighbours have it .

Advertisement