Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show 12/9/2014

• 11-09-2014 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

10635859_728382613863477_2859766769009009457_n.jpg?oh=de93a303386ee9fcbc69adb32f8647a2&oe=5483E4E3&__gda__=1418311429_29812d798a2577039d4b55d7f40dfc2a

tubridy4-569x500.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is the whole show about Fair City?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Fwank wizzo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me.In fact I'd expect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

Absolutely love the second picture. It's dangerously exposed to being photoshopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

From de facebooks...

We're searching for Ireland's biggest Fair City Fans! If you never miss an episode, if you know the characters better than your friends/family, if you are crazy for Carrigstown then email LateLateExtra@rte.ie for the chance to win tickets to Friday's Late Late Show. Don't forget to include your contact number!

Cast of Fair City are celebrating 25 years. They'll join us on The Late Late Show this Fri.

Vote for your favourite moment here http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/faircity.html #LateLate
    *All audience members must be strictly over 18.

Plus lingerie entrepreneur Michelle Mone

Michelle-Mone-models-her-Ultimo-underwear-collection.jpg

*spectacles steam up*

That's the only picture of her on the interwebs I could find :o

And music from The Vamps - damn kids and their rock 'n' roll music!

meet-the-vamps-album-1396454872-large-article-0.png

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

What the flying f***?

Never heard of The Vamps, never heard of yer wan there, and never, ever watch Fair City.

Ha! Amazing! Already setting the lowest bar possible for this season.

I'm assuming there's time to fit in somebody from the Louis Walsh/Simon Cowell stable, since that other bollocks started the other week.

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    What the flying f***?

Never heard of The Vamps, never heard of yer wan there, and never, ever watch Fair City.

Ha! Amazing! Already setting the lowest bar possible for this season.

I'm assuming there's time to fit in somebody from the Louis Walsh/Simon Cowell stable, since that other bollocks started the other week.

Heavy metal on BBC Four, my friend!

That is all :D

Sweet, soothing heavy metal. That's the job for me!

Ow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Just looking at those photos of Tubridy reminded me of what my brother said about him. Tubridy was on the same flight as him the other week, and he could get over how thin the man was... They were there in the queue when Tubridy strolls past them to "shoot the breeze" in Business Class.. Him supposedly 2FMs man of the people making sure to distance himself from the people.. though he was disturbed by a few working class men loading ballast on to his side of the plane..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

As if people didn't have enough reason to tune into the late late, a Fair bleedin City special. Jesus h christ! But when you think of it they are both aimed at the same saorview demographic so figures won't be down.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Mr Grand Designs himself Kevin McCloud will be joining Ryan Tubridy on The Late Late Show tonight, as well music from The Script and celebrations for Fair City's 25th birthday.
    He's been beaming into our homes since 1999 as the presenter of the hugely popular Channel 4 programme Grand Designs and tonight designer and writer Kevin McCloud will join Ryan Tubridy on The Late Late Show – now it's our turn to find out a little bit more about the amiable TV presenter.
    Ahead of their hugely anticipate gig at Dublin Castle The Script will be performing, giving fans a chance to see what they can expect at the their sold out concert tomorrow night.
    In it's 25 years on the telly Fair City has had it's fair share of illicit affairs, raging arguments, births, deaths and marriages and Ryan will be wishing Ireland's number one soap a happy birthday on The Late Late Show tonight.
    And lingerie guru Michelle Mone – she's the owner of the Ultimo brand – will chat to Ryan about both her hugely successful career and her personal life.
    The Late Late Show, RTÉ One, 9.35pm

• Advertisement

Also on tonight's show...James Blunt.

*clears space behind couch*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

ghiertal wrote: »
    Ahead of their hugely anticipate gig at Dublin Castle The Script will be performing, giving fans a chance to see what they can expect at the their sold out concert tomorrow night.

Always bugs me that line. Their know and expect that they will play their songs. They are hardly going to walk out on stage and perform Mozart's Queen of Night Aria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ok Tubs! This is it.

Kevin Mccleod's is a good guest. No excuses. Just don't mess it up.

I like FC :)

I am looking forward to tonight's show.

amdublin wrote: »
    Ok Tubs! This is it.

Kevin McCoy's is a good guest. No excuses. Just don't mess it up.

Is that Kay McCoy's son? A bit of Fair City humor for the hard core fans there..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Also on tonight's show...James Blunt.

*clears space behind couch*

I'll be there!!!!!......;):p

and there will be no steaming of the glasses I can assure you WM when your wan with the undies comes on!!.....:eek::P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I hope Tubridy does not mess his interview up with Kevin McCloud tonight as I like to see how this man well be able to tolerate Tubridy from his woeful questioning.

The music for me will be good tonight.

I don't know if Catholic Ireland will be trumpeting their opposition to your one Michelle. I would give it a yes though Hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

So will he kill whatever mood there is tonight with a "tribute" to Ian Paisley? Probably before yer wan in the bra and knickers I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

With Lingerie entrepreneur Michelle Mone being Scottish expect the following encounter:

*taps hands on the table nervously*
    Tubs" so Michelle the old Scottish referendum are we allowed talk about it?"
    Michelle "Of course"
    Tubs" that's fine I see how uncomfortable you are we will move on to something else" "so tell us how does one get into knickers? I mean how does someone like you get into Knickers.....ah forget it, here's some random youtube clip"

Are we doing the drinking game where we down vodka jelly shots when a YT clip is shown?...

Maybe not........I like the liver I have at the moment.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Anyone know if Christina Noble is on tonight? I know the cast of the movie were on last week.

I just saw she was back this week for the premiere of the film and thought they might have her on.

• Advertisement

I'll be there!!!!!......;):p

and there will be no steaming of the glasses I can assure you WM when your wan with the undies comes on!!.....:eek::P

And I don't even wear glasses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

JM Skipton wrote: »
    With Lingerie entrepreneur Michelle Mone being Scottish expect the following encounter:

*taps hands on the table nervously*
    Tubs" so Michelle the old Scottish referendum are we allowed talk about it?"
    Michelle "Of course"
    Tubs" that's fine I see how uncomfortable you are we will move on to something else" "so tell us how does one get into knickers? I mean how does someone like you get into Knickers.....ah forget it, here's some random youtube clip"
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZTX2dDbndekNnJsNj405zgGJXsdzoVIXVAFZSIV5hZYZJMP7fGw
    Here she models her new Scottish independence ensemble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Kevin McCloud, I just looove Grand Designs :)

Kevin McCloud? Is he one of them Highlander fellas?

Topical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Will Bella sing us an oul song like last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

Foggy head and stoned on sinusitis medication. Think I'm suitably prepared for the inevitable cringefest

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Beer sweet sweet beer and feckin lots of it to get through this ****e Zywiec abv 5.6. Might settle for the heavy metal and thread for the slagging.

How do you spell the sound of a can opening? Ksshhh? Ktshh? Beautiful sound. Just heard it there. Lovely.

Evening all!

So this is what college life is like in Northside Dublin! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

No pussy kittys this week?

By the sounds of it and the start of last weeks show the "new" late late is the same dire trash as last years. They shouldnt have taken a summer they might as well have let the crap go on

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

God we're all a bunch of alcos! Can I play too? I'm into my 2nd glass of wine already! Can't wait for the Fair City special. I want to see loads of footage from when it started so I can actually confirm that nothing has changed :)

10635859_728382613863477_2859766769009009457_n.jpg?oh=de93a303386ee9fcbc69adb32f8647a2&oe=5483E4E3&__gda__=1418311429_29812d798a2577039d4b55d7f40dfc2a

Judging by that picture of Tubridy next to the lamppost .. (and I had to look closer to work out which was which).. I'd say if Tubs had broken in to Pistorius' bathroom, all four bullets would have gone either side of him..

Paisley love in tonight aswell?

neris wrote: »
    Paisley love in tonight aswell?

Better than the Fair City b*llocks.

Janey mac, that Paisley feller was fierce narky back in the day, by the looks of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Evening all.

You will all be no doubt over joyed to know that I have a veritable cornucopia of booze in my house tonight. I know, I know, after last week, I was worried too. Your concern is truly touching. :D

Am having a birthday BBQ for de brudder tomorrow, so had to go shopping.

Nice to know my family are finally good for something after all. Who knew? :rolleyes:

Surprised at the national broadcaster's sudden affection for Ian Paisley at the hour of his passing.. But then again, I guess there was a precedent when our Taoiseach sent condolences to the German government on the death of Adolf Hitler..

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Am having a birthday BBQ for de brudder tomorrow, so had to go shopping.

*checks private messages*

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'm on the bus home don't start without me!!! :)

Good Evening Everyone!

I hope ye all had a lovely summer :) xxx

Here we go again........

***pours a little glass of vino***

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Janey mac, that Paisley feller was fierce narky back in the day, by the looks of things.

Theyre all narky up there

amdublin wrote: »
    I'm on the bus home don't start without me!!! :)

Hurry!!!....:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

*checks private messages*

:(

Its BYOB. :p

I'm sick of the ad's already......:(

I'm sick of the ad's already......:(

:-D

It's gas isn't it?

Can't wait till next summer!

The audience ladies all went to the hairdressers by the looks of things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Evening all.

Paul Brennan. Over-acting for 25 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Family bag of rancheros and a slab of Zywiec. Sure it'll be grand. Go ahead Ryan do your worst.

Jesus wept....The Toy Show talk already?

I even had one girl today talking about Christmas parties....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Janey mack the audience are full of beans this evening!
    Ahhhh now I see why :)

Evening and happy winter to us all !

• Advertisement
Advertisement