Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show 12/9/2014

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

amdublin wrote: »
    Lol, think we'll have to agree to disagree :pac: about children on the lls

***comes out from behind the couch looking guilty***

***points finger at CH - HE STARTED IT***

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I'm sorry Amdub, I now have this image of you in my head..

Child-catcher.png

That's you there with the hat...

"And how did you feel in that carriage looking out through the bars CH??"

"What was going through your mind at that exact time?"....

Did you know the childcatcher has Irish relations??

I'm sorry I have to make the long journey over to the radio forum for The "Marian Finucane" Show... *packs one's bag*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

That's you there with the hat...

Jaysis I'm looking well

Nah, only on a Friday night. All other times I am like Mary Poppins

amdublin wrote: »
    Nah, only on a Friday night. All other times I am like Mary Poppins

So I'd say you spend as much time on Tubridy's TV as he spends on yours...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Something tells me, there's more debate in this thread, than there is in TLLS.

Worrying, or maybe just a sign of the times and TLLS just hasn't caught up?

Not sure, just thinking out loud and making an observation-not looking for an argument:)

Anyway, to lighten the mood: some SEX! Oirsh style:P

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hOLV9jBdc74

Hope you all have a good week.. Look forward to seeing you all next Friday night.. Especially you Amdublin, hope you have a good week working in the Montessori.. :pac:

Anyway, to lighten the mood: some SEX! Oirsh style:P

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hOLV9jBdc74

:eek::eek::eek:

Ten Hail Mary's , nine Our Father's and a bucketful of Glory Be's CK!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I'd forgotten that one!...........or two..............STOP!......Look what you made me think!!!!:pac::pac::pac:

Hope you all have a good week.. Look forward to seeing you all next Friday night.. Especially you Amdublin, hope you have a good week working in the Montessori.. :pac:

I actually read that as Montrose.....:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

Late late show has never been a comedy entertainment show in whole or pretended to be. It relies on topical diversity and thats what makes it unique. Whilst i dont get enjoyment in suffering or talks about suffering they are just as if not more relevant than the other slots on. Its not a Graham Norton style show nor never has claimed to be and it has very limited pulling power given its viwership nowadays so apart from a few plugs for books, movies etc or the odd comedian its never going to be that entertaining and tubridy doesnt have the charm or wit to make an ordinary interview extraordinary! I just enjoy the slagging on here when im on but i dont agree that the slot last night was misery, it was anything but. Watching Tubridy interview a sportstar is much more misery laden in my opinion!

For me, you grew up with the show and although it wasn't always great it was at a different level to what it is now. Thankfully Tubbs is so bad we can at least get a laugh out of it and try as we might to think of the worst guests they could drag on, they top us pretty much every week.
    The thing about the 'misey slot' as its called is the producers, in my view, couldn't give two f***s about the guests. It's called the misey slot, again in my view, because of that. It's a time filler and they know decent folk, involved or connected or not will in the least respect and watch such guests. That's cynical and poor 'entertainment' on a Friday night however legitimate the cause. I will call that crappy TV regardless of the poor guest being used by the LLS and no disrespect to them as they are often pawns being used in the hopes of making a TV show. Simple as that. Yes exposure is great for any good works, but not when the viewers get it force fed on a plate and sigh, 'here we go again'. It's disrespectful to all involved.
    Also Tubbs would tell you himself, it's a light entertainment show. Sadly. I would like a good debate now and then.

Advertisement