Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs Manchester City (KO 12:45 13/09)

• 11-09-2014 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Ass.jpg

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head
    • Arsenal have won 52 of their 86 home league games against Manchester City (L14, D20).
    • However, the Gunners have won just one of the last five home league meetings (D3, L1).
    • Arsenal won 18 of their first 22 Premier League games against City, but have only won three of the last 12 (D4, L5).
    Arsenal
    • Arsenal conceded five goals or more in three Premier League games last season - all were 12.45 kick-offs against top-four finishers, including a 6-3 defeat against Manchester City.
    • The Gunners had the worst record in games against their fellow top-four finishers last season (W1, D2, L3, F7, A18).
    • Arsenal have not lost a home league game since the opening day of last season (W14, D5).
    • The Gunners have recorded two of the three largest match possession shares this season (76% against Crystal Palace and 69% against Leicester).
    • Alexis Sanchez became Arsenal's 100th different Premier League goalscorer against Leicester last time out.
    Manchester City
    • City have only lost two of their last nine games against Arsenal in all competitions (W4, D3).
    • They have only failed to score in two of their last 20 matches in all competitions - their Community Shield defeat against Arsenal and Stoke's win at the Etihad Stadium last time out.
    • Manchester City have not lost two consecutive league games since October 2010 (one of those defeats was against the Gunners).
    • Only Arsenal and Liverpool (both 35 points) had a better away record than City last season (34).
    • Sergio Aguero has scored eight goals in his last 10 Premier League away games.

Going for a 2-1 home win on this one. Hoping for a Danny Welbeck immediate impact upfront.

Mod note - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92164925&postcount=23

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

2-2 is my guess.

Should be a cracker too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

GavRedKing wrote: »
    2-2 is my guess.

Should be a cracker too.

Yep I think it's going to be fairly free flowing but tight affair. Interested to see how city set up as they can't allow themselves to be out numbered again in midfield compared to the Community shield.

First opportunity to see if Arsenal's poor record last season for lunch time kick offs can be banished too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

HazDanz wrote: »
    Yep I think it's going to be fairly free flowing but tight affair. Interested to see how city set up as they can't allow themselves to be out numbered again in midfield compared to the Community shield.

To be fair, there will be 5 or 6 changes to the City team that played that day. Notably in the defence. I wouldn't read too much into that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Kirby wrote: »
    To be fair, there will be 5 or 6 changes to the City team that played that day. Notably in the defence. I wouldn't read too much into that game.

Absolutely. Different game this. I think Arsenal with their 4-1-4-1 formation will be better matched against City in this game compared to last years effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

1-3

Fancy City to have far too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Arsenal haven't played at all well so far this season and that will need to change if we're to get anything from the game. Hopefully we'll click and get something from the game.

Arsenal 2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ramsey out could effect Arsenal a lot. If in I don't think he'll be fully fit. Tough game 2-2 draw. Welbeck,Sanchez,Toure,Aguero goalscorers:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Not going to be a totally different game from last season unless Wenger realises his mistakes - against ALL the top 4. Can see City winning comfortably. Far too much firepower for Arsenal and will be chomping at the bit to make amends for the Stoke debacle.

1-3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Why do people keep going on about last years game? in this fixture last year it was 1-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

City are a team with glaring deficencies at the back.
    Kompany suffers too many lapses in concentration,
    the full backs are ageing and slowing whilst Hart,clearly
    the most able keeper in the league, always seems over-
    anxious and too self-critical.No champions league glory
    this season I feel. Arsenal to win 3-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think we'll win 3-1 can't see city not scoring though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

3-1.
    Sanchez with 2 goals, Wellbeck with 1. Jojo with a goal for city.
    Expect Arsenal to exploit and dominate City with pace.

Stubbornness from Wenger will cost Arsenal this, City by a goal or 2 without chasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Arsenal have been poor so far this season. But we're capable of better. I'd go for a draw or a narrow win for city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Not been impressed by Arsenal so far this season, Im going to say 1-3 but it will be tight enough probably 1 or 2 late goals from City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

<snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

<snip>

Nice try Garda :P

You can get BT Sports for €1 for a month if you contact their call centre 0818 20 30 40

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ch20

I think city have too much class for arsenal. 2-0 to city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

1-1.

I'd like to see us come out of the traps early and just go at them. However, I fear Wenger will start Sanogo over Welbeck to prove a point. Sure he's been starting him ahead of Campbell who has much more experience than him.

What I'd like to see...

Szczesny

Debuchy
    Per
    Kos
    Gibbs

Ox
    Rambo
    Jack

Ozil

Alexis

Welbeck

We could get overpowered in midfield but to nullify that just keep the ball. City can be quite lazy when it comes to tracking back and I personally think Kolarov is a weakness when it comes to their defence and I can never understand why more teams don't try and attack them down that wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

No stream links/requests. You're here long enough to know this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

No stream links/requests. You're here long enough to know this.

Actually i had no clue, thanks tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

To early to call it a title decider?

Not confident at all, arsenals form so far is pretty poor though city did lose to stoke.

2-1 city, hopefully I'm wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Oranage2 wrote: »

Not confident at all, arsenals form so far is pretty poor though city did lose to stoke.

Waaaaaay to early IMO, if it had happened in March/April yes but right now its just a game between two sides who'll be looking to win the title.

Plenty of points to win if either or both drop points tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

TBH it is too hard to call. I'm going against the grain here and calling a 0-0 draw with the game disappointing everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Arsenal haven't been great so far this season, there capable of being way better so hoping it clicks tommorow.
    Going to be very close so I reckon 2-1 to Arsenal. Be great to see Welbeck scoring on his debut.

• Is Ramsey out for this match?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Is Ramsey out for this match?

not definitely - doubt we'll know for sure until the team is actually announced

• Advertisement

• greendom wrote: »
    not definitely - doubt we'll know for sure until the team is actually announced

Can't see a result for Arsenal if he's not playing, City could win the midfield battle.

I will go with a 2-1 win for City but just about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Fernando and Jovetic definitely out, Zabaleta a doubt for City.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

2-2 all draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

At least a year too early for Arsenal

Pellegrini to Aguero - "tomorrow you'll play more minutes" - http://youtu.be/h3GSuiZzUVQ?t=6m30s

Sounds like it'll be just Dzeko starting up front tomorrow then

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pellegrini to Aguero - "tomorrow you'll play more minutes" - http://youtu.be/h3GSuiZzUVQ?t=6m30s

Why isn't Aguero starting any games? guess I better take him out of the fantasy team then.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Why isn't Aguero starting any games? guess I better take him out of the fantasy team then.

Chronically prone to injury mainly, and because Jovetic is well in-form City can afford to be so incredibly slow to ease him back in.

Probably wants him for the Bayern match

Actually ignore that, I just realised that footage is from a good while ago. Not sure why they've included it in this week's video, but however :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Chronically prone to injury mainly, and because Jovetic is well in-form City can afford to be so incredibly slow to ease him back in.

Probably wants him for the Bayern match

Well jovetic is out so it could be his time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Is this on BT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Is this on BT?

Yep.

Piers, Owen, Savage and Keown on BT now, the dream team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Any line ups?

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Arsenal XI vs Man City: Szczesny; Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Flamini, Wilshere, Ramsey, Alexis, Ozil; Welbeck. #AFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Demichelis, Clichy, Fernandinho, Lampard, Navas, Silva, Milner, Aguero

Lampard wtf

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Man City XI vs Arsenal: Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy; Fernandinho, Lampard, Navas, Silva, Milner; Aguero. #MCFC

Lampard. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Any line ups?

Szczesny Debuchy Mert Koscielny Nacho Flamini Wilshere Ramsey Alexis Ozil Wellbeck

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

Is toure injured? Looks like ozil will be out wide again with Ramsey playing centrally, c'mon Welbeck!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's a pretty dodgy looking City side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

That's a pretty dodgy looking City side.

Yet still a stronger 11 than nearly team in the league!

• Advertisement
Advertisement