Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clane bin services?

Options
  • 11-09-2014 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

Hi, we have just moved to Clane and are looking into bins. We've never had to use this type of service before as were previously in apartments.

I've looked at AES - generally 330 but currently 294 per year. Also includes glass

Oxegen - 308 no glass
    Thorntons - 285 no glass

Are there any other companies to look into? I've been trying to see the bins companies as they drive by but only been here less than a week. On moving in estate agent said AES were cheapest but clearly not.? I've heard negative things about aes customer service. Any views on the other companies?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If the service is anything like Maynooth, stay as far away from AES as you can unless you enjoy not having bins collected (and still paying for the damn service), extremely poor customer support and chaotic supply chain management (extra bins, not enough bins, stickers sent at random).

In a year and a half with them I never got my sodding glass bin either, despite paying for it and the neighbours having one.

I've been with Thorntons since and nothing at all has gone wrong, just like the many years before with whoever collected KCC's bins for them (O'Hagans then Oxigen)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Agree with above. Stay away from AES. They always miss collections. I honestly would not have them again if they were free.

Oxegen all they wall.

Had them for 2 years in Clane until I moved. Could not fault them.

Advertisement