Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mustang 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Don't think this is the type of car you buy to be understated, regardless of colour.
    True, I'm just a believer in not going full retard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

ION08 wrote: »
    Ahh I knew what yiz meant, I was just trying to be funny! To be fair though, having driven a 2014 V8 Mustang in the US, I was also expecting it to be chunky and heavy to handle .. but it's a lot more nimble and light footed than say a 6 Series Coupe or a Mercedes SL, of which there are plenty in Ireland! I'd imagine the 2.3 Ecoboost is even more nimble and light footed that the GT, something a lot of people seem to overlook in the Ecoboost vs V8 debate!

You know what you're talking about mate. I haven't driven any of the cars in question so I'll take your word for it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

RedorDead wrote: »
    Only 4 registered so far. One being a v8 which is their press car i would assume?

Correct, the V8 is a PR car. I sat in the red convertible 2.3 in Boreenmana Road today, the V8 was out somewhere. I liked the inside but the view of the bonnet is daunting. It rises away from the windscreen, complete opposite from any other car I've driven.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Looks well in grey or as they say "magnetic"

2015mustang_t5e2284_0.jpg?itok=tvqFQ75b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

D'Agger wrote: »
    Drove behind one today - couldn't hear it & thought it looked horrid - bright yellow, with horrendous spoked rims. Literally nothing about it appealed to me, seeing it on Irish roads

Would still love to test one all the same

It might look better with a more 'Oirish' colour. A lovely dull grey perhaps!? (the grey really is nice I think).
    But correct me if I'm wrong, but are the nice rims only on the v8 models?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

It might look better with a more 'Oirish' colour. A lovely dull grey perhaps!? (the grey really is nice I think).
    But correct me if I'm wrong, but are the nice rims only on the v8 models?

The 19's can be upgraded to on the Ecoboost but I think I actually prefer the look of the 18's

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

True, I'm just a believer in not going full retard

Yes, imagaine not having a grey, black or silver car like every other auld boring c*nt on this miserable wet rock.

The 19's can be upgraded to on the Ecoboost but I think I actually prefer the look of the 18's

With the more subtle colours, definitely. But with the bright colours I think they look poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Yes, imagaine not having a grey, black or silver car like every other auld boring c*nt on this miserable wet rock.
    Serious begrudgery towards Ireland going on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Keep an eye out in Dublin as Ford have one up here today - probably the Yellow V8.

I'll confirm later on as it's due to us this afternoon, so fingers crossed the snow stays away.

Apparently it's coming for us to "look" at, so I just need to work my charm on our Ford Contact to grab the keys for a spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭hi5

vintagevrs wrote: »
    23! Fairly shifting for that type of car

23 is nothing really, no pent up demand in Ireland.

Another right-hand-drive market eagerly awaiting units is Australia, where nearly 3,000 orders already have been received.

Four hundred orders have been received in New Zealand, another right-hand-drive market where customer deliveries begin this fall.

http://www.themustangnews.com/content/2015/09/2016-mustang-right-hand-drive-begins-production/#.Vpdtenk8a1s

Serious begrudgery towards Ireland going on here

He's got a point though :P

That being said, I would actually have one in grey if I got to choose .. goes well with the colour of our sky :D

I guess I'm a boring auld c__t

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kodirl

R.O.R wrote: »
    Keep an eye out in Dublin as Ford have one up here today - probably the Yellow V8.

I'll confirm later on as it's due to us this afternoon, so fingers crossed the snow stays away.

Apparently it's coming for us to "look" at, so I just need to work my charm on our Ford Contact to grab the keys for a spin.

R.O.R -Simon by any chance?

kodirl wrote: »
    R.O.R -Simon by any chance?

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Bet whoever is the zone manager for Dublin isn't complaining about their job these days!!

hi5 wrote: »
    23 is nothing really, no pent up demand in ireland

Considering what it is, and the cost of owning a car in ireland I think 23 is fairly impressive considering how new it is. It's a gamble to order something so new as there is no indication of how well it will do, so depreciation can be a bigger unknown. Some people will not even know they exist (I was one of them) until they see them in person. It's early days yet. It's no quahqai but 23 is good news for people interested in cars, regardless of colour.

I'm looking forward to these hitting the used car market!

It'll be interesting to see how well they do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The ecoboost was always going to outsell the V8 here anyway.

Its already been said, it'll be interesting to see the value of these in say 5-7 years time for the 2nd hand market.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Sure wasn't 2.3 envisioned to work around Europes 'progressive' taxation system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Its already been said, it'll be interesting to see the value of these in say 5-7 years time for the 2nd hand market.

How much is the ecoboost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Here ye go lads,

24272774195_405037104c_b_zps8qgtk6kt.jpg

24246633526_4374c6c62c_b_zpsrh19gari.jpg

Mac 3 wrote: »
    Here ye go lads,

24272774195_405037104c_b_zps8qgtk6kt.jpg

24246633526_4374c6c62c_b_zpsrh19gari.jpg

where is this?

Lyons of Limerick. The black one is sold.

Mac 3 wrote: »
    Lyons of Limerick. The black one is sold.

That's the eco boost?

cena wrote: »
    How much is the ecoboost?

48k before paint, wheels and few other options are added, you're probably looking at closer to 50k in reality.

That's the eco boost?

Yes, Ecoboost.

Feck that, would love to have seen it in the metal but not driving down to Limerick for that.

Going to New York next month and have a Round trip to Philadelphia on the agenda.. renting myself a Mustang for the trip :D

Feck that, would love to have seen it in the metal but not driving down to Limerick for that.

Going to New York next month and have a Round trip to Philadelphia on the agenda.. renting myself a Mustang for the trip :D

Keeping with the spirit of the thread, make sure its a V8 :mad: :P :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

I agree it should be the 5.0 V8 but seeing as how Ireland rapes its citizens on road tax the ecoturd is the only viable option.

Never knew Ford made the mustang in RHD, cool

• Advertisement

Keeping with the spirit of the thread, make sure its a V8 :mad: :P :p

I rented a V8 before but I'm actually hoping it's an EcoBoost to be honest as realistically it's the one I would buy!

Being a rental, I'd like to give it a good spanking in order to help me determine whether I really want one or not :)

OSI wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if it's not the V6 you get as a rental.

More than likely will be! I'll still get a good feel for the car though so I'm happy either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭hi5

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Considering what it is, and the cost of owning a car in ireland I think 23 is fairly impressive considering how new it is. It's a gamble to order something so new as there is no indication of how well it will do, so depreciation can be a bigger unknown. Some people will not even know they exist (I was one of them) until they see them in person. It's early days yet. It's no quahqai but 23 is good news for people interested in cars, regardless of colour.

To put it in context: 2000 pre-ordered in the UK, 3000 IN Australia and 400 in New Zealand a country with similar population to ours.

To put it in context: 2000 pre-ordered in the UK, 3000 IN Australia and 400 in New Zealand a country with similar population to ours.

Hardly surprising. None of those Countries get raped for tax like we do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Tax isn't that much to do with it, €700 isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. Even if tax was €100, we still wouldn't see 100 Ecoboosts on order. We ain't a Mustang kinda country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

That’s probably because up until 2015 they haven’t been available in RHD and even the older V6 mustangs would still be crazy $$$ to tax. Looks like ford opened up a new market for the mustang with the introduction of RHD and the 2.3

Probably still too big for my likings on the Irish roads, unless I did a lot of motorway driving

http://blog.caranddriver.com/2015-ford-mustang-production-starts-now-first-ever-rhd-models-begin-testing-and-just-look-wrong/

• Advertisement

Somewhere on here someone quoted Golf GTi and R sales figures. This time last year 1 R was registered. This year 16 I think was the number so far. For a brand new model to have 20 odd isnt bad going for similar money/bhp.

It's still ****e I agree, less than one per county, but for Ireland I still don't think it's bad considering what has sold here in the last 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭td2008

Tax isn't that much to do with it, €700 isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. Even if tax was €100, we still wouldn't see 100 Ecoboosts on order. We ain't a Mustang kinda country.

VRT aswell - its about 34k euro in new zealand

Is that all the Ecoboost is? Sure I'm paying that on an auld banger as it is.

That's not too bad to be fair (well, in an Irish context at least)

Probably still too big for my likings on the Irish roads, unless I did a lot of motorway driving

In your link there the Americans still call it a Pony car, not big enough to be a Muscle car. Just highlights the gulf between here & there when it looks too big for our roads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

The mustang is a tough sell in this market but I wish them the best, I really wish that Ford would produce and import a RHD diesel Explorer

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Plenty of tractors and lorries manage fine on our tiny country roads so I don't buy the argument that it's too big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

td2008 wrote: »
    VRT aswell - its about 34k euro in new zealand

True, but i'm talking about how the Mustang will sell compared to other €50k cars. Drivers in Ireland will continue to buy €50k 520ds, A6s, Golf Rs etc etc over a Mustang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Indeed, even if tax rates were reasonable I couldn't see them shifting more than 100 Mustangs a year in Ireland. I do think if the tax wasn't extortionate at least 40% of them would be V8s even in Ireland, people who buy Mustangs are enthusiasts not people who just want a 'nice' car, if you're spending €50k+ on a Ford you know what you're looking for. Someone who isn't a petrolhead but has €50k to spend on a 'nice' car will buy a 520d or something German. Look at the UK, 70% of orders are for the V8.

Man if someone is complaining about 700 euro tax they cant afford the Mustang, I doubt it will concern the buyers. I pay 650 for a bog standard 1.6 golf. IfI could afford a Mustang id probably pay 2k.

I really think Ford handled the launch of the Mustang appallingly here. One dealership down in Cork with the sole rights to sell it, very poor communication on delivery and available options, and a 8 month wait minimum for anyone who ordered at launch.

Well that really puts the situation in context.

Spirit in Dublin and Motorpark Galway are now officially appointed as Mustang Dealers.

I don't think it was worth a big launch for such a niche car.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

I really think Ford handled the launch of the Mustang appallingly here. One dealership down in Cork with the sole rights to sell it, very poor communication on delivery and available options, and a 8 month wait minimum for anyone who ordered at launch.

It seems spirit ford in Dublin are an authorised retailer they have ads on newstalk breakfast advertising so. Not aware of them having stock however

Man if someone is complaining about 700 euro tax they cant afford the Mustang, I doubt it will concern the buyers. I pay 650 for a bog standard 1.6 golf. IfI could afford a Mustang id probably pay 2k.

Your logic is so completely flawed I don't even know where to begin.

Paying 600 for a bog standard 1.6 Golf is extortion.

Just because the government is currently bleeding you dry to tax a poxy Golf shouldn't make you"willing" to pay 2k on a Mustang.

It's not a matter of if you can "afford" a mustang you should be able to afford "€2350" per year to tax it. :rolleyes:

That precise reasoning is what's wrong with this country and why most people drive little 1L-1.6L econoboxes or Daiesels!

Personally, yes I could afford to tax a Mustang, I just wouldn't want to pay the Govt €11,750 worth of motor tax over a 5 year course of ownership.

...a matter of principle really, some people just aren't as willing to be bent over and screwed by the taxman :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

True they are now, but back when they launched them the only dealer for 8 months was CAB in Cork. Now that they're in other show rooms, I imagine the next registration period will show a better uptake on them.

it's pretty niche though, i'd say the vast majority of people who wanted one have ordered by by now and sales could drop right off.

It's not a matter of if you can "afford" a mustang you should be able to afford "€2350" per year to tax it. :rolleyes:

I could afford one if I saved up and/or got a loan. But I couldn't afford to pay €2350 every year.
    But we don't live in a world of saving and owning now. We live in a world of renting, leasing and cheap credit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement