Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Checking Oyster card balances from Ireland?

• 11-09-2014 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

I think I tried to do this two years ago and I couldn't I am heading over again with my Oyster card I went into the TFL website set up an account but didnt recognise the phone number and postcode. When I went to the contact/help page it said it wasnt available. I have a feeling you can't check balance, top up Oyster cards from Ireland am I right?
    Also I heard that you from July you can't pay cash on bus anymore it's just Oyster card also can someone confirm this if they have been in London recently.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

It's true, buses no longer take cash but take Oyster and contactless cards. Can't you just check the balance and top up when you get over here? Can't remember, but think you've to do written registration (at the ticket office) to view your account details online.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 howisshecuttin

Yes, you need to have registered your card originally to be able to use the online facility....most people who have them for short visits probably don't do this.

You can check the balance at any station when you arrive, and also at newsagents where you see the oyster sign, which is a lot of them on the high street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

miss choc wrote: »
    I think I tried to do this two years ago and I couldn't I am heading over again with my Oyster card I went into the TFL website set up an account but didnt recognise the phone number and postcode. When I went to the contact/help page it said it wasnt available. I have a feeling you can't check balance, top up Oyster cards from Ireland am I right?
    Also I heard that you from July you can't pay cash on bus anymore it's just Oyster card also can someone confirm this if they have been in London recently.

Thanks

Just put n a fake phone number and postcode??

Sw1 1aa

then check the balance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

enda1 wrote: »
    Just put n a fake phone number and postcode??

Sw1 1aa

then check the balance.

Just be sure not to use Number 10 Downing St post code. Dave likes to appear as man of the people but he rarely takes the Tube of an evening on the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Tried that they were asking for a user name which I didnt put in when I signed up intially I had a password so I clicked on link forgotten username and they asked for email put in my aunts postcode and got this
    Sorry, an unexpected error means we were unable to process your request at this time.

Please call TfL Customer Services on 0343 222 1234 or go back and try again.

Couldnt be bothered with the hassle as I'm leaving tomorrow I just wanted to check the two cards but will wait till I get to Heathrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement