Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repating the Leaving cert with new subject: History

• 11-09-2014 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I am into my first week of repeating the leaving cert and have taken on two new subjects: Geography and Ag-science. Although I got a C2 in french i dont feel I am capable of the A standard my new teacher wants of us repeats. I feel I would be better off dropping french and taking on history, which will be a 3rd new subject. Can it be done? Would it be too much work? Id appreciate any advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

hooked96 wrote: »
    I am into my first week of repeating the leaving cert and have taken on two new subjects: Geography and Ag-science. Although I got a C2 in french i dont feel I am capable of the A standard my new teacher wants of us repeats. I feel I would be better off dropping french and taking on history, which will be a 3rd new subject. Can it be done? Would it be too much work? Id appreciate any advice :)

I repeated last year and took on two new subjects- Business and Geography. I was thinking of taking up Chemistry but after trying to work at all 3 for a few weeks, I felt it was too much work and so stuck to Business and Geography. Personally, I think it could be done if you took up a subject like Economics but with History, there is a ridiculously large amount of learning to be done and you would really want to be very interested in it to achieve a high grade. Also, as with all essay-type subjects, a lot can go wrong on the day itself.

I think Economics might be your best option if you definitely need to take up another subject. You are right that there would be no point spending a whole year flogging a dead French ass but you should be prepared for a lot of work!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 hooked96

Thanks for the advice! Ive decided to take your advice into consideration and am not going to take on a new subject, and im going to do french

Advertisement